Janet singing background on other artists songs

jarrylf

I was talking to my aunt (who herself was a background singer for some big name acts for a while) and we got into talking about Janet and her background vocals for her music and how they're great, and that led into my aunt telling me that Janet did background tracks for alot of the "Jimmy & Terry" artists & groups in the late 80s & early 90's. She specifically said some songs on New Editions Heart Break album, & with Ralph Tresvants Sensitivity album And she said several Johnny Gill tracks (1 that stood out was There You Go, I ALWAYS thought the female voice in the background sounded "Janet-esh") and she said it included songs by Alexander & Cherelle (including 2 of my fave Cherelle songs Things I Missed @ Home & Affair)

What do you guys think, and is there any you guys can either confirm or say you heard of her doing background of?

She's done backup for Michael a few times. The main song I remember at the time is P.Y.T.

Ofcourse ofcourse, it was her & LaToya, and she & Randy did the demo for Dont Stop Till You Get Enough. But I do feel like there might be a TON of songs she's done back up on & it either wasnt made public or she could've used another name. Like MJ did that with alot of songs apparently.

Ofcourse ofcourse, it was her & LaToya, and she & Randy did the demo for Dont Stop Till You Get Enough. But I do feel like there might be a TON of songs she's done back up on & it either wasnt made public or she could've used another name. Like MJ did that with alot of songs apparently.

It would be fun to look into. It would take alot of time, though. lol

It would be fun to look into. It would take alot of time, though. lol

I bet. I wouldnt mind doing it if I had more time. Im listening to There You Go right now..........and I kinda hear it, idk

(specifically @ 1:49-1:53)

And with Affair its the chours the "Afaaaaairrrr" part, that sounds TOOO much like Janet to me, what do you think? (@42)

Yea that DEFINITELY dont even sound like Cherelle saying Affair in the song lol, that sounds 100% Janet.

Im checking out some of the New Edition Heartbreak songs, thats HARD, cause Janets voice & Ralphs go hand in hand to me lol so its hard to tell, like on his song Sensitivity, I think I hear it there, but it could be him lol

Well yea but some credits are hard to get a hold of (specifically in the late 80's) and you gotta take into consideration that she could've used alias's like other big name people (MJ, Madge, Prince) did in that era when they did background

But I am google'ing up a storm, not very successful tho but Ima keep looking

I bet. I wouldnt mind doing it if I had more time. Im listening to There You Go right now..........and I kinda hear it, idk

And with Affair its the chours the "Afaaaaairrrr" part, that sounds TOOO much like Janet to me, what do you think? (@42)

Affair sounds like it could have been on Control..

that sounds like a Control ripoff

I knew there was a reason "Affair" is my favorite Cherrelle song ^_^

OMG I thought the same thing when my aunt named it as a song Janet (supposedly/most likely) sung background on, like...."IT ALL MAKES SENSE"..........I am crazy about that song and video...and album lol. That song & Everything I Miss At Home give me LIFE lol.

Archived