Brandy goes back to Church

bu.

Brandy will be bringing the R&B with this album, but it won't be the stale Monica kind

Excuse me? :blink:

1) How can you make a call on something you havent even heard yet. Brandy's not even done recording her album..so how exactly do you know her shit wont be "stale" like Monica's? :wacko:

2) What exactly is stale about Monica's music? Her last album was critically acclaimed with moderate "success" and we have yet to hear Monica's new album to make a "stale" call.

3) Yeah..brandy's going back to her "roots" following the foot steps of monica. Brandy said herself that she LOVED Monica's last effort and it inspired her to go back to her roots because she felt Monica had brought pure r&b back.

4) Wanna talk about stale? Human is the most stale effort out of any Brandy or Monica album,period. Lets keep it all the way LIVE if we're gonna go there.

Excuse me? :blink:

1) How can you make a call on something you havent even heard yet. Brandy's not even done recording her album..so how exactly do you know her shit wont be "stale" like Monica's? :wacko:

2) What exactly is stale about Monica's music? Her last album was critically acclaimed with moderate "success" and we have yet to hear Monica's new album to make a "stale" call.

3) Yeah..brandy's going back to her "roots" following the foot steps of monica. Brandy said herself that she LOVED Monica's last effort and it inspired her to go back to her roots because she felt Monica had brought pure r&b back.

4) Wanna talk about stale? Human is the most stale effort out of any Brandy or Monica album,period. Lets keep it all the way LIVE if we're gonna go there.

Human wasn't R&B. It was inspirational pop. When Brandy does R&B, she at the least tries to add something new and fresh to it (Full Moon, Afrodisiac). Monica doesn't seem like she tries to come from someplace fresh in my opinion. It's just run of the mill R&B.

Human wasn't R&B. It was inspirational pop. When Brandy does R&B, she at the least tries to add something new and fresh to it (Full Moon, Afrodisiac). Monica doesn't seem like she tries to come from someplace fresh in my opinion. It's just run of the mill R&B.

So just because it wasn't r&b...it gets a pass of being bland? Adele's album isnt r&b and its far from bland...look at the response..seems hypocritical but anyway.

Then why was Brandy inspired by Monica's return if its just bland and the "run of the mill r&b"?

Again, we still cant say what Brandy's album will sound like to make that call...bringing up albums for 7 and 8 years ago cant be used as a reference for today because even her leaks for the past 3 or 4 years have sounded anything BUT fresh. If anything all her attempts have been sounding dated and or "lost" with no direction.

So just because it wasn't r&b...it gets a pass of being bland? Adele's album isnt r&b and its far from bland...look at the response..seems hypocritical but anyway.

Then why was Brandy inspired by Monica's return if its just bland and the "run of the mill r&b"?

Again, we still cant say what Brandy's album will sound like to make that call...bringing up albums for 7 and 8 years ago cant be used as a reference for today because even her leaks for the past 3 or 4 years have sounded anything BUT fresh. If anything all her attempts have been sounding dated and or "lost" with no direction.

Okay, well, it's a matter of opinion, so I'm not going to argue. They're both putting out albums this year, so we'll let the music talk.

I wish she would too. Full Moon is my ish tbh. Fuck what people say!

YES. I LOVE Full Moon :wub:

She said in this interview she's taking it back to the first album, but make it current..

She better do it. I miss a heavy R&B album like only Brandy can do -_-

It's so funny how people shade "Human" like it was just the worst thang in music history. :sigh: If it hadn't of flopped, that tune would change.

i Dislike some tracks there but i like the album

True

Human

Torn Down

Camouflage

:wub: :wub: :wub:

...Don't tell me I can't build on anything

Just 'cause they couldn't do it

I took a whole lifetime trying to find a way up

And feeling useless...

SING IT GURL :tear:

i Dislike some tracks there but i like the album

True

Human

Torn Down

Camouflage

:wub: :wub: :wub:

...Don't tell me I can't build on anything

Just 'cause they couldn't do it

I took a whole lifetime trying to find a way up

And feeling useless...

SING IT GURL :tear:

Camouflage is amazing.

I liked First and Love....

Porcelain Doll(this wasn't on the album...not totally sure), Shattered Heart.....etc. I love it all honestly.

Human is A HAWT album. Quit tripping. The beats were fresh and the lyrics were dope!

The Definition :excited:! I swear this one gets me pumping every time!

Warm It Up - hot! The lyrics are on point...we need more love in the world. I always imagined the video would be something like loads of frozen people as statues on the street and Brandy is like a superhero or something. She touches the statues and they melt into people who progress with their life.

Right Here - I never really felt this song tbh. It was cute but it was weak compared to the others. The chorus is hot though.

Piano Man - :thumbup::excited: :excited: :clapping:!!! This had Urban Hit all over it <_<

Long Distance - cute ballad about her daughter :wub:. I did think people did too much comparing it to Have You Ever though

Camouflage - this one is quite beautiful. I could somewhat feel her vulnerability on this.

Torn Down - LOVE it! It's light and breezy.

Human - This touches me every time. I truly felt everything she went through during the accident episode on this track. Stunning delivery.

Shattered Heart - This sounds like it was plucked from Afrodisiac :lol:. I adore it. The production is hot.

True - stunning :tear:.

A Capella - one of the most underatted songs EVER imo. This song in itself just shows what a brilliant vocalist Brandy is. Pure magical. I always hoped she did this live...if she did she could jack Janet's technology of having lots of versions of her on stage.

1st & Love - :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:. This should have been a single :filenails:

Fall - I never did realy feel this. I felt it was too dramatic lol.

Overall it's a solid album. If it hadn't tanked it wouldn't be hated on. She poured her heart out whilst singing. I wish she'd been involved more in the writing process.

Archived