Most Lovable Member

Aquaria

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fucking with you Matt, I have no clue what to expect coming there, I realize being objectified isn't exactly my interest I can get that right here :filenails:

That's what I was getting at.

I honestly couldn't tell you what to expect. People are people. We're often told we're laidback, which is nice I guess, but I think there's so much more to us as a nation.

That's what I was getting at.

I honestly couldn't tell you what to expect. People are people. We're often told we're laidback, which is nice I guess, but I think there's so much more to us as a nation.

so I don't objectify you and you won't objectify me...got it :thumbup: anywho when I travel I'm all about eating good local cuisine, what ya'll eat there? Kangaroo?

Exactly right.

Now that I feel very proud of. We don't break huge internationally when it comes to mainstream artists (and usually rightly so), but I agree we have a fantastic alternative music scene. And our country is festival crazy so a lot of it we get to experience firsthand.

I've been getting into a lot of Australias music scene lately. Usually people automatically think of the Minogue sisters :lol: but there's so much more out there. I'm still loving that These Days song haha. I need to make it out to one of those festivals one day.

so I don't objectify you and you won't objectify me...got it :thumbup: anywho when I travel I'm all about eating good local cuisine, what ya'll eat there? Kangaroo?

Pretty much. :D

Oh God, that must be the most common misconception about Australians. We don't eat kangaroos, we don't ride them to work, we don't have them as pets. They're actually rarely seen in day-to-day life. You will find places that serve kangaroo meat, but it's about as common as finding alligator or snail on your menu.

I've been getting into a lot of Australias music scene lately. Usually people automatically think of the Minogue sisters :lol: but there's so much more out there. I'm still loving that These Days song haha. I need to make it out to one of those festivals one day.

I have a passport :unsure:

Pretty much. :D

Oh God, that must be the most common misconception about Australians. We don't eat kangaroos, we don't ride them to work, we don't have them as pets. They're actually rarely seen in day-to-day life. You will find places that serve kangaroo meat, but it's about as common as finding alligator or snail on your menu.

fried alligator is good and I have had escargo in a butter garlic sauce too :blush: ....so what do you eat? I visited Dallas and was wanting some good BBQ but instead they had Mexican EVERYWHERE

And likewise I've been in love with the UK alternative scene for a few years now. Too right about the Minogues. Yes, they're great at times, but there's much better to be discovered. :lol: Our biggest and best festival (The Big Day Out) is ending this year after nearly two decades. :( But there are a slew of festivals all year 'round. Have you ever attended Glastonbury? That's a goal of mine.

fried alligator is good and I have had escargo in a butter garlic sauce too :blush: ....so what do you eat? I visited Dallas and was wanting some good BBQ but instead they had Mexican EVERYWHERE

Well, lamb is probably our most popular meat. Chops, roast, steaks. Beef and pork follow. When I visited the U.S. I found that it's not very common to have a roast lamb, whereas that's probably a national fave over here.

And likewise I've been in love with the UK alternative scene for a few years now. Too right about the Minogues. Yes, they're great at times, but there's much better to be discovered. :lol: Our biggest and best festival (The Big Day Out) is ending this year after nearly two decades. :( But there are a slew of festivals all year 'round. Have you ever attended Glastonbury? That's a goal of mine.

I've never been to Glastonbury (*hides*) lol. It's awful saying that since it's one of the UKs biggest music festivals. I'm going to aim to go next year. You should try and make it...it's definitely your kind of thing and I'm sure you'd love it. It's a shame TBDO is ending :(. Is it like the equivalent to Glastonbury?

Well, lamb is probably our most popular meat. Chops, roast, steaks. Beef and pork follow. When I visited the U.S. I found that it's not very common to have a roast lamb, whereas that's probably a national fave over here.

lamb is expensive here, I don't see it often, it's tender kinda gamey tasting, alligator is good tho

wait you been to the US? What part? :unsure:

we could go together and enjoy a nice festival so you wouldn't be by yourself :cheers:

Buy my ticket and I'm down :excited:. I'm kidding :lol:. I'm not sure when I'll be able to go anywhere tbh but it won't be for a long time :(

Buy my ticket and I'm down :excited:. I'm kidding :lol:. I'm not sure when I'll be able to go anywhere tbh but it won't be for a long time :(

me neither I'm a nursing student and I won't be going anywhere til summer 2013, and that's if I get thru this fucking program. :filenails: On the bright side I will make a shit load of money :clapping:

I've never been to Glastonbury (*hides*) lol. It's awful saying that since it's one of the UKs biggest music festivals. I'm going to aim to go next year. You should try and make it...it's definitely your kind of thing and I'm sure you'd love it. It's a shame TBDO is ending :(. Is it like the equivalent to Glastonbury?

Oh, don't feel bad, I never actually attended a BDO either. :lol: I guess it would be the Aussie equivalent, it housed some of the greatest acts (Nirvana being one of them). I guess now our second biggest festival would be Splendour In The Grass... that may be the new kingpin for us.

wait you been to the US? What part? :unsure:

I've been twice. L.A., San Diego, San Fran, New York, Washington, Vegas.

Oh, don't feel bad, I never actually attended a BDO either. :lol: I guess it would be the Aussie equivalent, it housed some of the greatest acts (Nirvana being one of them). I guess now our second biggest festival would be Splendour In The Grass... that may be the new kingpin for us.

:lol:!! Wow at Nirvana performing there. That's pretty big. I'm so over Arena shows at this point. Give me a festival in a field or a small intimate venue any day lol.

I just found out that Gotye is Australian :lol:! Well Australian-Belgian but still...reinforces what we said before haha.

:lol:!! Wow at Nirvana performing there. That's pretty big. I'm so over Arena shows at this point. Give me a festival in a field or a small intimate venue any day lol.

I just found out that Gotye is Australian :lol:! Well Australian-Belgian but still...reinforces what we said before haha.

Yep, I feel the same way.

Yeah, he's had a huge six months here. Is he doing well in the UK? :unsure:

Yep, I feel the same way.

Yeah, he's had a huge six months here. Is he doing well in the UK? :unsure:

I think he's been relatively unknown since his debut but more and more people are starting to hear of him now. Somebody That i Used To Know is his first single to chart in the UK. Hearts A Mess is my personal favourite.

I've been twice. L.A., San Diego, San Fran, New York, Washington, Vegas.

:o you must make a good living... :wub:

Archived