• Sister Act
    • Sister Act 2
  2. 2. Which Was Funnier

• Sister Act
    • Sister Act 2
  3. 3. Which was the better movie as a whole

• Sister Act
    • Sister Act 2

On my cross country road trip, Im getting to catch up on my DVD collection and I watched Sister Act 1 & 2 back 2 back and I wanted to know what you all thought of the 2. I think I always knew the 1st 1 was my favorite 1, like the music was the bomb in 2, but I really cant stand the cliche' "our school(community center/apartment building/neighboorhood) is closing, and theres nothing we can do about it, but maybe if we win this talent show, it'll turn everything around" that is tooooo many movies. The 1st 1 had it all for me, everything I love in a good movie prettymuch, great story, great comedy, great action, great music, etc. So naturally I think the 1st 1 is the better movie, but I dont know about the music.....I LOVE the music in both. So that 1's hard for me.

What about you all?

I love both finale performances equally (for very different reasons) they both slayed in my eyes

I LIVE for Whoopis gestures at the climax of the song (takes me back to the chuich), SHE WAS FEELIN IT @ 2:43-, its a small thing but damnit I love it lol, but I love the whole performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqp89bkFe8k

Part 2's moments were the 4 ladies harmoney (WHICH SLAYED), which led into "what have you done for him lately" and then Lauryns ad libs ofcourse.

Damn........this is harder than I thought.........

as much as i love how they used WHYDFML in the part to and i think vocally lauyrn hill was vocally very impressive...

you are nothing short of a liar if you dont think the Part 1 HAD

1better music

2 was funnier

3 was overral the better movie

sister 2 almost fell flat...matter of fact it did

Sister Act 2 was a great sequel considering the flack that sequels get. I loved it. But Sister Act was everything! The storyline was better and it was funnier. Music wise I don't know which I prefer - they both have amazing songs.

I voted

I'm going with the 2nd one having the better purely for His Eye Is On The Sparrow - that's my favorite version of that song EVER.

Yea thats honestly what made me change my vote from 1 on music, plus I LOVE 2's Aint No Mountain High Enough

I just DL'ed that this morning......i LOVE that version.

That song + Joyful Joyful+ His Eye Is On IT's Sparrow+ The opening melody are the ONLY things I listen too on the soundtrack, but they all slay the 1st soundtrack (tho the 1st soundtrack is the bomb too).

Archived