I'm not that into Gospel, but these songs are just great

jarrylf

Im going to do this with all the mainstream music categories (Gospel, Pop, Rock, R&B, Country, techno/house, movie themes, instrumentals), starting with Gospel, this is very true for me, I dont consider myself that into Gospel music because Im not technically a christian, but theres alot of songs in this genre that I LOVE including....

Hear My Call (Jill Scott)

song made me cry the 1st time hearing only cause I've been there, and her RAWWW emotion in her words)

You Brought The Sunshine (The Clark Sisters)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoii0lNpNtw

Step Aside (Tamela Mann)

(I aint no a christian but this fuckin made me FEEEL it)

Addictive Love (Bebe & Cece Winans)

Heaven (Bebe & Cece Winans)

I open up my heart(Yolanda Adams )

The Battle is the lords(Yolanda Adams)

I've veen Looking for you(Kirk Franklin)

THIS SONG)

Lean On Me (Various Artist)

Trouble Of The World (Mahalia Jackson)

http://youtu.be/8eiI52WluF0?t=1s (gives me chills)

When You've Been BLessed (Patti LaBelle)

Precious lord (Aretha Franklin)

Whats your picks?

Perhaps I'm being a little picky, but some of these songs seem a little more mainstream-y inspirational than Gospel (or even CCM).

I completely agree. There is a obvious difference to me. I always loved "Optimistic" by Sounds of Blackness and the fact that it wasnt to preachy. I love that its more about positive thinking and hope.

This is one of the few gospel songs i have time for...

Perhaps I'm being a little picky, but some of these songs seem a little more mainstream-y inspirational than Gospel (or even CCM).

Times have changed and they're moving on with the change by at least releasing one or two singles that could get mainstream play. They still do the typical church Gospel songs for majority of their albums.

Times have changed and they're moving on with the change by at least releasing one or two singles that could get mainstream play. They still do the typical church Gospel songs for majority of their albums.

I'm not necessarily talking about mainstream-inspired music that would be lucky to cross-over to top 40 radio, but rather top-40 type music with an inspirational message. There are songs that work really well on both side (e.g., I believe I can fly), but just because it's inpsirational doesn't necessarily make it gospel per se (I.E., ain't nobody going to performing that in their church). [This is an extreme case] but would you consider 'Fireworks' gospel.

This isn't a ruffle feathers but I just had a different definition.

I agree with you and I don't consider myself religious but I can pop in a Kirk Franklin or Tye Tribbett cd every once in a while

I pretty much consider anything that : Mentions God or Jesus repeatedly &/or has a choir I personally consider it gospel. But this is for my picks and yours so if you think we're picking too many main stream go ahead and put up some of that ol school gospel. Its all about what you consider Gospel.

I've been blasting Kirk's "Looking For You" recently. Here are a few more I listen to:

Myron Butler & Levi - Set Me Free

Shirley Caesar feat. Tonex-I Know the Truth

holyghost1.gif @ Shirley's.

I couldn't find Vickie Winan' "Dance Till the Walls Come Down".

LAWD I love Shirley, she shut it down

yea I heard Looking For You on the radio the other day and I just fell back in love with it, part of the reason for posting this, I die for the "Uh-oh, uh-uh-oh!" parts

I'm not necessarily talking about mainstream-inspired music that would be lucky to cross-over to top 40 radio, but rather top-40 type music with an inspirational message. There are songs that work really well on both side (e.g., I believe I can fly), but just because it's inpsirational doesn't necessarily make it gospel per se (I.E., ain't nobody going to performing that in their church). [This is an extreme case] but would you consider 'Fireworks' gospel.

This isn't a ruffle feathers but I just had a different definition.

"Firework"...gospel...yes. I'm not a Katy fan, but the lyrics are 100% true. When folks normally mentions "Gospel" they only thing about the definition that defines it as the teaching of God and religion. It's more than that. A lot of "non-Gospel" songs can actually be sang in Church but since it doesn't have "God" or "Jesus" mentioned, they don't.

yea I heard Looking For You on the radio the other day and I just fell back in love with it, part of the reason for posting this, I die for the "Uh-oh, uh-uh-oh!" parts

That's the part I LIVE for! :excited:

I'm just gonna agree to disagree.

Though I can't stand him worth shit, I looooved this remix.

:thumbup: Lets just keep up the music. anything you consider your fave Gospel songs in this case, please share :). I never heard the song you posted but its great :thumbup:, mid to late 90's?

Archived