What TRULY makes a great vocalist (in your opinion)

janetDAYZ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a vocalist has nothing to do with emotion and that other nonsense. A vocalist is all about technique, knowing your voice, and using it to the best of your ability.

Vocalist - Impressive

Singer - Expressive

As Nuk stated, with vocalists, you walk away saying "he/she can really sing." They impress you with their voices, and is often their selling point a la Whitney. What makes a vocalist great is a person who knows their voice and has excellent technique. It's nearly impossible to have a perfect voice, just as it is nearly impossible to always have perfect pitch.

With that said, you bitches will not give Beysus too much as she is the greatest vocalist of this generation. :rolleyes:

Thats why I gave BEYONCE that "credit" ..did you not see it in my initial post?

And you're quoting Nuk? He actually think Jhud's the BETTER singer :lmao::lmao: and just believes Beyonce's voice is "interesting"

Bee is the greatest of this generation ..I thought you had given that title to Xtina? :umm:

Being a vocalist has nothing to do with emotion and that other nonsense. A vocalist is all about technique, knowing your voice, and using it to the best of your ability.

Vocalist - Impressive

Singer - Expressive

As Nuk stated, with vocalists, you walk away saying "he/she can really sing." They impress you with their voices, and is often their selling point a la Whitney. What makes a vocalist great is a person who knows their voice and has excellent technique. It's nearly impossible to have a perfect voice, just as it is nearly impossible to always have perfect pitch.

With that said, you bitches will not give Beysus too much as she is the greatest vocalist of this generation. :rolleyes:

I will have to disagree.. One good example is Susan Boyle (cat lady).. She can sing but you don't feel anything.. She is singing just to be singing..

You want to feel what the singer is feeling.. something you can relate to..

If it's a sad song you want to leave feeling like some body stole your heart and stomped on it. Then they give back to you only to kick you down the stairs and spit on you. :unsure::lol:

And you're quoting Nuk? He actually think Jhud's the BETTER singer :lmao::lmao: and just believes Beyonce's voice is "interesting"

Bee is the greatest of this generation ..I thought you had given that title to Xtina? :umm:

I think Ledisi would disagree.. <_<

Emotion and convition is great Blatin but Im still sticking to my "you still can hit a homerun and convey the message if you sing it well enough" ..

When I get home I will ask Tweet, Ledisi and Marsha(floetry) on twitter.. I bet you they will say emotion plays a big part..

If you don't have emotion you can't really convey your message.. <_<

J Hud is nobody's vocalist. :mellow: All she has is power. Her technique is...okay.

Beyonce is a better vocalist, I can admit that. But Christina is by a landslide the better singer. I am here for singers. I can care less about how well an artist can hit an F5. I want to FEEL the lyrics.

I will have to disagree.. One good example is Susan Boyle (cat lady).. She can sing but you don't feel anything.. She is singing just to be singing..

You want to feel what the singer is feeling.. something you can relate to..

If it's a sad song you want to leave feeling like some body stole your heart and stomped on it. Then they give back to you only to kick you down the stairs and spit on you. :unsure::lol:

I got teary eyed when I first saw the Youtube video of Susan. -_- She is indeed a singer, not a vocalist imo. Although, perception of emotion is varies from person to person, there are times when it's black and white.

But like I said earlier, there's a difference - vocalist = impressive, singer = expressive

J Hud is nobody's vocalist. :mellow: All she has is power. Her technique is...okay.

Beyonce is a better vocalist, I can admit that. But Christina is by a landslide the better singer. I am here for singers. I can care less about how well an artist can hit an F5. I want to FEEL the lyrics.

Well you and I are in complete agreement. You're siding with Nuk like you all are on the same team.

Are you having a hard time reading tonight? :blink:

Well you and I are in complete agreement. You're siding with Nuk like you all are on the same team.

Are you having a hard time reading tonight? :blink:

Beyonce > J Hud; someone explained to me how Beyonce and that other Dreamgirl both ate J Hud alive at the Oscars vocally.

Hun let's not. :rolleyes: It's 2:21 here and I have not eaten anything since 6:00 this morning.

Vocalist - Impressive

Singer - Expressive

B)

Now that I think about it - It's rare to find a vocalist/singer.