What TRULY makes a great vocalist (in your opinion)

janetDAYZ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't toy with my emotions Mr Dayz... :shifty:

Your point just proves mine to be right. I said the song was more about vocal acrobatics than selling thegod damned song... :coffee:

I would never toy with you.. you Sassy ho,you :shifty:

If you paid attention Blatin even said the same as me..that you "felt" her that nite...And WE ALL KNOW Blatin doesnt give out compliments easy...Maybe u should tube it and judge for yourself :excited:

I like the song but I just don't think it's a good enuff example for this thread..

Beyonce ballads for the most part all lack emotion to me though. The only ones I do believe are the more independantly themes sassy songs. I do believe her more in stuff like "Halo", "If I Were a Boy" and "Smash To You". :excited:

I would never toy with you.. you Sassy ho,you :shifty:

If you paid attention Blatin even said the same as me..that you "felt" her that nite...And WE ALL KNOW Blatin doesnt give out compliments easy...Maybe u should tube it and judge for yourself :excited:

Thats one night. I have seen her do tha song a million times and didn't believe it. But I will say when she first came out she sang it with more emotion then she does now, but maybe the only purpose for her shows that it does show is to show of her acrobatics. maybe thats what she is aiming for.

Thats one night. I have seen her do tha song a million times and didn't believe it. But I will say when she first came out she sang it with more emotion then she does now, but maybe the only purpose for her shows that it does show is to show of her acrobatics. maybe thats what she is aiming for.

EXACTLY ..it was that ONE NIGHT! ..I've never said she was believable after that and I've seen her perform it a million and one times as well. I agree she did sing it BETTER back then. Beyonce has to ALWAYS have one or two songs that show her vocal acrobatics..so thats one of them. :rolleyes:

Jhud could NEVER Nuk Nuk :dance:

EXACTLY ..it was that ONE NIGHT! ..I've never said she was believable after that and I've seen her perform it a million and one times as well. I agree she did sing it BETTER back then. Beyonce has to ALWAYS have one or two songs that show her vocal acrobatics..so thats one of them. :rolleyes:

Jhud could NEVER Nuk Nuk :dance:

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Bey wishes she could..

Being a vocalist has nothing to do with emotion and that other nonsense. A vocalist is all about technique, knowing your voice, and using it to the best of your ability.

Vocalist - Impressive

Singer - Expressive

As Nuk stated, with vocalists, you walk away saying "he/she can really sing." They impress you with their voices, and is often their selling point a la Whitney. What makes a vocalist great is a person who knows their voice and has excellent technique. It's nearly impossible to have a perfect voice, just as it is nearly impossible to always have perfect pitch.

With that said, you bitches will not give Beysus too much as she is the greatest vocalist of this generation. :rolleyes:

AyahMusic Ayah @

@shawn1814 HUGE

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

shawn1814 Shawn @

@AyahMusic Question... Do you think emotion plays a big part in being a vocalist?

She is a singer/songwriter that works with Jazzy Jeff.

http://www.ayahmusic.com/home.html

AyahMusic Ayah @

@shawn1814 HUGE

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

shawn1814 Shawn @

@AyahMusic Question... Do you think emotion plays a big part in being a vocalist?

She is a singer/songwriter that works with Jazzy Jeff.

http://www.ayahmusic.com/home.html

She seems like another uneducated fool. And the fact that she's in the music business makes it even more embarrassing.

Being a vocalist has nothing to do with emotion and that other nonsense. A vocalist is all about technique, knowing your voice, and using it to the best of your ability.

I think people will believe her (an actual singer) over you(someone who doesn't sing)... <_<

"Do you think" - question/subjective/opinion

"A vocalist is all about technique, knowing your voice, and using it to the best of your ability." - statement/objective/fact

As Bzebabe said, "I don't have to know how to cook to tell if food is nasty or not."