Yahoo! Music Labels Christina Aguilera's 'Not Myself Tonight' The Worst Video Of 2010

TwistedElegance™

'80s rocker Billy Squier can blame his cringeworthy "Rock Me Tonite" video for the downfall of his career. Xtina can blame this trying-too-hard trainwreck, which kicked off a very bad year, professionally and personally, for the once-unstoppable diva. Despite her earlier affirmations that she wanted to be more conservative now that she was a mom, it seemed obvious that she felt pressured to compete in an increasingly sexualized pop marketplace as she released her first album in four years. And this transparent and desperate ploy to keep up with the Gagas was, frankly, embarrassing to watch. Overt sexuality from Xtina was nothing new, of course, but the iconography of her previous racy vids, like the David La Chappelle-directed foxy boxing clip "Dirrty," at least seemed unique, thoroughly Xtina's own. However, much of the imagery in "Not Myself Tonight" seemed borrowed from other artists--namely Madonna and, yes, Lady Gaga. Perhaps the most "shocking" thing about this video wasn't its sexually graphic imagery, but its lack of originality. The sad thing is, as one of the few truly vocally gifted female pop singers recording today, Christina didn't need to do this to be heard.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/videogaga/69433/best-of-the-worst-the-least-awesome-videos-of-2010/

I think it's definitely HER worst video ever. And song...But not THE worst video in 2010.

Ch.. her worst video is that "tilt your head back" video with nelly. Boring ass video & song :lol:

I didnt like "Not Myself Tonight" until I heard it at a phag bar. That songs goes INNNNNNN!!! :lol: The video is pretty cunty, too; But it must be watched & heard at a phag bar only. :lol:

'80s rocker Billy Squier can blame his cringeworthy "Rock Me Tonite" video for the downfall of his career. Xtina can blame this trying-too-hard trainwreck, which kicked off a very bad year, professionally and personally, for the once-unstoppable diva. Despite her earlier affirmations that she wanted to be more conservative now that she was a mom, it seemed obvious that she felt pressured to compete in an increasingly sexualized pop marketplace as she released her first album in four years. And this transparent and desperate ploy to keep up with the Gagas was, frankly, embarrassing to watch. Overt sexuality from Xtina was nothing new, of course, but the iconography of her previous racy vids, like the David La Chappelle-directed foxy boxing clip "Dirrty," at least seemed unique, thoroughly Xtina's own. However, much of the imagery in "Not Myself Tonight" seemed borrowed from other artists--namely Madonna and, yes, Lady Gaga. Perhaps the most "shocking" thing about this video wasn't its sexually graphic imagery, but its lack of originality. The sad thing is, as one of the few truly vocally gifted female pop singers recording today, Christina didn't need to do this to be heard.

http://new.music.yah...videos-of-2010/

thats all i care about :excited::coffee:

Ch.. her worst video is that "tilt your head back" video with nelly. Boring ass video & song :lol:

I didnt like "Not Myself Tonight" until I heard it at a phag bar. That songs goes INNNNNNN!!! :lol: The video is pretty cunty, too; But it must be watched & heard at a phag bar only. :lol:

:w00t:

true

It's not the worst video of 2010, but def one of her worst

What happened to her?

She doesn't have an niche... She's a power vocalist with no niche.. It's quite sad actually... Tho she never fully ever had a specific niche like her counter-parts (spears/pink)...

Then when she tries to come back.. It looks like she's copying the new artists... (gaga)

Archived