Look what Darkchild said about artist and twitter..

Shawn1814

If you're a new artist trying to build your brand it's "important" and can be used to your benefit. If you're an established act, it's a good way to keep in contact with your fans, but it's not a daily necessity.

I agree with that. I'm not discounting Twitter because it does have its benefits, but he's making it sound like failing to register an account = the death of your career and I just don't agree with that. I don't have Twitter, nor do I want it, but I still live and breathe my fave artists the same as I always have.

Susan Boyle - no twitter

Soulja boy - twitter.

Susan Boyle had a massive online prescene due to her youtube clips of her singing on X-factor though, so she is probably the stand alone case.

I'm not saying that twitter gaurentees you success. :rolleyes: But let's look at the top selling artist in the US this year..

By Taylor Swift -- twitter.

Eminem -- twitter.

gaga -- twitter.

lady antebellum -- twitter

kesha -- twitter.

usher -- twitter.

black eyed peas -- twitter.

rihanna -- twitter.

drake -- twitter.

justin beiber -- king of twitter.

and these are billboard's top 10 best selling artist of 2010.. go figure. :excited:

Susan Boyle had a massive online prescene due to her youtube clips of her singing on X-factor though, so she is probably the stand alone case.

I'm not saying that twitter gaurentees you success. :rolleyes: But let's look at the top selling artist in the US this year..

By Taylor Swift -- twitter.

Eminem -- twitter.

gaga -- twitter.

lady antebellum -- twitter

kesha -- twitter.

usher -- twitter.

black eyed peas -- twitter.

rihanna -- twitter.

drake -- twitter.

justin beiber -- king of twitter.

and these are billboard's top 10 best selling artist of 2010.. go figure. :excited:

Susan Boyle didn't sing on X-Factor. :umm: And with as much certainty as I can give, that Billboard list would look exactly the same whether those artists were on Twitter or not.

Susan Boyle didn't sing on X-Factor. :umm: And with as much certainty as I can give, that Billboard list would look exactly the same whether those artists were on Twitter or not.

Whatever kind of reality show she was on. They are all the same thing. :mellow:

And no, you can't say that.

And, third, I think the point is being missed from what Dark Child is saying... I think he's saying that if you want to increase your exposure, i.e., you want fans, then you need to have an active twitter prescence. God knows if it wasn't for twitter I would not know a thing about Justin Beiber. :blink:

Whatever kind of reality show she was on. They are all the same thing. :mellow:

And no, you can't say that.

And, third, I think the point is being missed from what Dark Child is saying... I think he's saying that if you want to increase your exposure, i.e., you want fans, then you need to have an active twitter prescence. God knows if it wasn't for twitter I would not know a thing about Justin Beiber. :blink:

Then why do they have different formats and different titles? :coffee:

I know I can't. But really, I don't have to.

I know what he's saying, and I think he's wrong. And you might not know a thing about Justin Bieber, but you would still know who he was.

Archived