Most Influential person in the 21st century?

bu.

you want a cookie? :unsure: still not backing off, if you did all that and didn't know who the front man behind Apple was, you missed class.

I didn't care who the front of apple was!! Do you know who the front of Johnson and Johnson is? Proctor and Gamble? No? Why not? Those are some of the biggest multinational companies in the world?

The only reason you know Steve Jobs is because you bought into apples hype machine. Let's not pretend its because you follow the markets lol. Steve was part of the advertising strategy, something I never laid attention to. I'm sure I saw his face on tv or in a newspaper but because I don't care I would have turned the page.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't care who the front of apple was!! Do you know who the front of Johnson and Johnson is? Proctor and Gamble? No? Why not? Those are some of the biggest multinational companies in the world?

The only reason you know Steve Jobs is because you bought into apples hype machine. Let's not pretend its because you follow the markets lol. Steve was part of the advertising strategy, something I never laid attention to. I'm sure I saw his face on tv or in a newspaper but because I don't care I would have turned the page.

I do follow the markets sorry boo, maybe you need to recheck my facebook, plenty of NPR and even the BBC, I know the dow jones is based off of 30 companies, most of which were industrial but are not as relevant now, I know the highest the markets as far as the dow is concerned was over 14k back in 2007. Honey you really need to do your research before you come for me. I may lack in some areas, but book smarts is not one of them have a \_ :filenails:

You missed my point. And I didn't watch any apple conferences introducing new products.

If you followed the markets that closely and were that smart you wouldn't be at nursing school telling white folks you were going to steal their iPads.

I didn't know what the World Trade Centre was until the planes had been flown into them. So I'm not surprised people won't know who Steve Jobs was until he died

I didn't know what the World Trade Centre was until the planes had been flown into them. So I'm not surprised people won't know who Steve Jobs was until he died

I didn't either. I can't imagine that most people knew who he was. Maybe in Anerica but I don't remember seeing him on the news or anything here until he died

You missed my point. And I didn't watch any apple conferences introducing new products.

If you followed the markets that closely and were that smart you wouldn't be at nursing school telling white folks you were going to steal their iPads.

this kinda thing never surprises me here, when folks lose at an argument they go the personal attack route and there you are taking it. You couldn't engage me in a debate without attacking me personally and more importantly what you said makes no sense at all. I got into nursing school because I wanted to, on my first application, 1 of 7 out of over 150 that cycle to do so, the first Black male admitted to the program ever. And the Ipad was a fucking joke if you thought otherwise you're shit was still weak. Not backing down you didn't know who Steve Jobs was yet you're informed.....sit down.

I don't understand why you think I should know who he was?

I don't understand why you had to attack me personally because you didn't know who he was? Is that what it's come to in your world Paul, this shady schtick you seem to carry on? Just attack the person that wins right? And I will not even bother defending my schooling I can assure I have more education than you.

You didn't win anything? How can you tell imply that someone is misinformed and doesn't follow the markets and unintelligent because they don't know who Steve jobs was before they died?

You didn't win anything? How can you tell imply that someone is misinformed and doesn't follow the markets and unintelligent because they don't know who Steve jobs was before they died?

I never claimed to "win" once again it's not about that, I said on here that's what people do attack who they perceive as winning in something that was never a fight maybe in some simple sense to someone else it is, see who can shade the other the most, who can produce a flood of +1's for saying something witty. My point and only point of contention was really a question, how in the world does someone not living in a Chinese village of 20 residents without running water nor electricity not have any idea who Steve Jobs was? More importantly you do now, and that's what matters not the minus three four you got for not knowing him, but the fact you came in this thread and have the privilege of leaving more informed than you were when you entered it. Now on that note this is the last I intend to engage you on this matter. Have a good day bloke. :filenails:

"just attacking the person that WINS"

Anyway, I didn't know who Steve Jobs was and have you ever thought that while he might have been a big deal in the USA it's possible that he wasn't known much in the UK outside of apple product fans?

So you and whoever else can shove your minus ones up your ignorant butts and give me a bunch more for this post too :)

I never heard of Steve Jobs until he died. End of story.

he's an American icon who revolutionize the way we communicate with to each other and most importantly, the way we listen to music...

end of story :)

can i see a pic of your parents so i can see what created you?

:blink: umm weird and a lil obsessed over looks :umm: i guess thats all you have to offer

I didn't either. I can't imagine that most people knew who he was. Maybe in Anerica but I don't remember seeing him on the news or anything here until he died

understandable... Steve wasn't an international figure... just an American one...

he's an American icon who revolutionize the way we communicate with to each other and most importantly, the way we listen to music...

end of story :)

I'm not disputing any of that so what's your point?

just explaining who he was :)

you don't have to know who he is to be the most influential person in this century... but you, and millions others, use something he pushed

I'm not disputing that he was influential and contributed hugely - I'm typing from my iPhone as we speak - I'm disputing J Baileys point that I'm uninformed because I hadn't heard of him until he died :)

Archived