Most Influential person in the 21st century?

bu.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I could limit it to an individual. I like those listed (Lady Gaga, Obama, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg etc.). Mine centre around entertainment, but three I would add are:

Simon Cowell/Simon Fuller - I remember Kylie Minogue saying she felt uneasy about kids growing up today watching talent shows and thinking that's just how you get into the industry. I don't think it's as bad as that, but the shift has been massive, and a lot of it is down to Simon's influence. Plus, by law, every talent show that followed the Idol franchise had to have a "nasty" judge.

Sharon Osbourne - She pitched hard for networks to give her idea of filming her family a chance. Now, reality TV has long shaken off the "fad" tag and is considered the norm. Everything from Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica to Keeping Up With The Kardashians owes almost everything to The Osbournes.

Ryan Murphy - For as preachy and overbearing as Glee can often be, there's no denying its unwavering message of positivity. No show has embraced all sizes, nationalities or sexual identities as openly as this. I wish it were around when I was a tween, because the younger audience are who it will benefit most. I think its real impact will prove itself in the years to come.

Gaga has been successful for herself, but she is not influential. She hasn't changed anything or done anything new.

No artist has genuinely pushed the LGBT agenda like she has. and she's also the biggest LGBT popstar the world has ever known

I don't know if I could limit it to an individual. I like those listed (Lady Gaga, Obama, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg etc.). Mine centre around entertainment, but three I would add are:

Simon Cowell/Simon Fuller - I remember Kylie Minogue saying she felt uneasy about kids growing up today watching talent shows and thinking that's just how you get into the industry. I don't think it's as bad as that, but the shift has been massive, and a lot of it is down to Simon's influence. Plus, by law, every talent show that followed the Idol franchise had to have a "nasty" judge.

Sharon Osbourne - She pitched hard for networks to give her idea of filming her family a chance. Now, reality TV has long shaken off the "fad" tag and is considered the norm. Everything from Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica to Keeping Up With The Kardashians owes almost everything to The Osbournes.

Ryan Murphy - For as preachy and overbearing as Glee can often be, there's no denying its unwavering message of positivity. No show has embraced all sizes, nationalities or sexual identities as openly as this. I wish it were around when I was a tween, because the younger audience are who it will benefit most. I think its real impact will prove itself in the years to come.

Agreed.great points

If you're waiting in a long ass line for a phone and/or constantly getting the newest version of the phone, you're an idiot. I don't see the use in wasting money on what's basically a limited iPod with a phone feature and a high bill some companies have for it. That's the crap I'm talking about, not investments and business deals.

Let'em know! :clapping:

Mind you, the technology they use to create those gadgets is supposed to last for years. Why would you need to buy the same product every year if the technology is so state of the art? If you got an iphone in 2009, you should not need a new one in 2012. If you do, then that was a waste of 400$. With that said, apple and Steve Jobs are iconic and influential.

Mind you, the technology they use to create those gadgets is supposed to last for years. Why would you need to buy the same product every year if the technology is so state of the art? If you got an iphone in 2009, you should not need a new one in 2012. If you do, then that was a waste of 400$. With that said, apple and Steve Jobs are iconic and influential.

Okay! And they have the nerve to make it expensive compared to other phones.

I never even heard of Steve jobs until he died

I should pop you a neg but you sexy....how could you not? I have his biography the man is often referred to as an Icon. As I read the (over 500 pages) biography I realized luck (being in the right place at the right time) helps, being smart really helps. Apparently Jobs was as asshole, I thought that was one of the most interesting things to read about him, he was a tyrant with his workers, so the workers started an annual secret "award" to the employee who stood up to Jobs the most.

I worship Apple now, I mean as soon as I get back to making the big bucks, I will probably buy stock in the company, continue to buy Apple products, I have never owned an Apple computer that's gonna be a big shift for me. Yea I'm a follower so what, I want an Iphone :filenails:

I worship Apple now, I mean as soon as I get back to making the big bucks, I will probably buy stock in the company, continue to buy Apple products, I have never owned an Apple computer that's gonna be a big shift for me. Yea I'm a follower so what, I want an Iphone :filenails:

I love how you never said my point was wrong. :filenails:

Steve Job's greatest skill was probably convincing people they need something that they actually don't.

^^^its easy not to have know who Steve Jobs is. Its not like he picked up the call and introduced himself when I renewed my mobile phone contract and got my new iPhone.

And while I like my iPhone Im not a huge fan of apple products. iPads are just like giant iPhones without the ability to make a call.

^^^its easy not to have know who Steve Jobs is. Its not like he picked up the call and introduced himself when I renewed my mobile phone contract and got my new iPhone.

And while I like my iPhone Im not a huge fan of apple products. iPads are just like giant iPhones without the ability to make a call.

sorry disagree, as someone who is educated, follows the markets, and stays well informed with relevant news, it is not easy to not know who Steve Jobs is...sorry but I'm not buying that. I will say this, and people can take it as they will, informed people easily knew who Steve Jobs was, uninformed probably not.

sorry disagree, as someone who is educated, follows the markets, and stays well informed with relevant news, it is not easy to not know who Steve Jobs is...sorry but I'm not buying that. I will say this, and people can take it as they will, informed people easily knew who Steve Jobs was, uninformed probably not.

why are you still up at this time of night!? :shifty:

Well I've managed to be educated, work in investment banking and be well informed and STILL not know or care who Steve Jobs is.

Well I've managed to be educated, work in investment banking and be well informed and STILL not know or care who Steve Jobs is.

you want a cookie? :unsure: still not backing off, if you did all that and didn't know who the front man behind Apple was, you missed class.

Archived