Michael Jackson: Bad 25th Anniversary

Reyna ♔

25th Anniversary of Michael Jackson's Landmark Album Bad Celebrated With September 18 Release Of New Bad 25 Packages

Twenty-five years after the phrase "Who's Bad" became a generation's cultural catchphrase, Epic/Legacy Recordings, in collaboration with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will celebrate the legendary album and record breaking BAD tour on September 18, 2012 with the release of a deluxe package, BAD 25, which includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour.

"The era of BAD represented Michael's creative 'coming of age' as a solo artist in charge of every aspect of his career – from recording to touring to endorsements to merchandising. This was the first album on which nearly all of the songs were written by Michael. It was also was the first album in history to produce five consecutive #1 singles and it took 2 ½ decades for another artist to match that success. It was also the first time Michael would tour as a solo artist - his vision, his decisions on what the show would be. The enormous success of the BAD album and tour was a pivotal moment in Michael's growth as a composer, performer and producer cementing his role as the King of Pop. We are thrilled to celebrate such an historic era in Michael's career with this release", stated John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson.

The highlight of the package is the DVD of Michael's legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium. The concert is not a compilation of performances, but rather one complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night's sold out show. This show was one of the record-breaking seven nights played at the venue attended by more than half a million people – three times that many people tried to purchase tickets. The DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson's personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio quality enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night

Follow this link for more info: http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/25th-anniversary-michael-jacksons-landmark-album-bad-celebrated-september-18-release-new-bad-25

AT LONG LONG LONG LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

tumblr_lwvp3sbaQX1qii6tmo1_500.gif

• Upvote 2

I'M ABOUT TO DIE MYSELF!!!!!! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!

(You can give me some +1s before I go, though) :whistle:

LOL I was just about to pop you one! Have you seen the Bad case :o!! I might get that as it has everything from the Deluxe in a case PLUS a t-shirt lol. I want that jacket tho!!

LOL I was just about to pop you one! Have you seen the Bad case :o!! I might get that as it has everything from the Deluxe in a case PLUS a t-shirt lol. I want that jacket tho!!

Hell yes! :D Yes I did!!! :excited: That case AND the jacket!! Ugh, why does the jacket have to cost so much, though?! :angry: lol I might just go for it, but really? That much? <_< lol

Hell yes! :D Yes I did!!! :excited: That case AND the jacket!! Ugh, why does the jacket have to cost so much, though?! :angry: lol I might just go for it, but really? That much? <_< lol

Yeah that's definitely a lot of money! Hopefully they'll reduce it? I'm sure even the Opus wasn't that much! This is the first time I've been happy with the estate. This package and release is everything!!

Do you know what the oficial Pepsi plans are apart from the packaging of the cans? Are they going to re-air the old ads on TV?

Yeah that's definitely a lot of money! Hopefully they'll reduce it? I'm sure even the Opus wasn't that much! This is the first time I've been happy with the estate. This package and release is everything!!

Do you know what the official Pepsi plans are apart from the packaging of the cans? Are they going to re-air the old ads on TV?

Maybe so. I hope so, rather. Yeah, the Opus was less but it was close enough lol. I understand, I didn't think much of them for a while either, but they have impressed me with this and some other instances before. You've got that right!!

I haven't heard any other plans besides the repackaging. Now with the cans there are codes you can follow to hear some of the remixes to be featured but that was about it.

Maybe so. I hope so, rather. Yeah, the Opus was less but it was close enough lol. I understand, I didn't think much of them for a while either, but they have impressed me with this and some other instances before. You've got that right!!

I haven't heard any other plans besides the repackaging. Now with the cans there are codes you can follow to hear some of the remixes to be featured but that was about it.

They better keep this up. If they treat the next "album" like this then I'll be happy. That Opus was expensive but I think it was worth it. I bought it but STILL not read it :lol:. I'd rather not touch it tbh.

That code thing sounds pretty cool. I'd love for them to re-air the ads! Thatd be AWESOME!

They better keep this up. If they treat the next "album" like this then I'll be happy. That Opus was expensive but I think it was worth it. I bought it but STILL not read it :lol:. I'd rather not touch it tbh.

That code thing sounds pretty cool. I'd love for them to re-air the ads! Thatd be AWESOME!

I agree entirely. True, it definitely was. I understand :lol:

I agree. They did a new ad, of course, but bringing back the old ones would just be fantastic :wub:

For some reason..I've been listening to alot of the "Bad" and "Dangerous" albums lately -going back and forth. I'm starting to not be so smitten with the "Bad" album as I (somewhat) was. Its kinda dated and weak...maybe its me listening to the "Dangerous" album which is paralyzing my once "like" for the Bad album. Nonetheless..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :excited::lmao:

For some reason..I've been listening to alot of the "Bad" and "Dangerous" albums lately -going back and forth. I'm starting to not be so smitten with the "Bad" album as I (somewhat) was. Its kinda dated and weak...maybe its me listening to the "Dangerous" album which is paralyzing my once "like" for the Bad album. Nonetheless..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :excited::lmao:

Well Dangerous is his best album, truth be told :whistle: But I don't have any shade for Bad. :blush: It's one of his best albums, still :wub:

I wasn't excited for the 25th anniversary, but NOW I am! It's my favorite album and era from MJ...but I wasn't expecting anything special. This pretty much tops everything else that's ever been done by MJ for me!