Azealia Banks No Longer Wants To Be a Rapper

TwistedElegance™

Azealia Banks is shaking things up once again. After splitting with Lady Gaga’s manager Troy Carter earlier this week, the hip-hop dynamo has deleted her Twitter page and is distancing herself from the rap game.

The “212” hitmaker ignited controversy with her fiery tweets aimed at Iggy Azalea, T.I., and Lil’ Kim. But she’s done making noise on the social networking service, for now at least.

“No longer wishing to be a rapper,” she wrote. “i never was…. and as soon as i started paying attention to bullshit urban media, i started getting myself in trouble. From now on i’m a vocalist, and will not be associating myself with the ‘rap game’… or whatever the fuck that means… no more twitter for me… it makes me entirely too accessible.”

However, just because she doesn’t want to be labeled a “rapper,” doesn’t mean she’s hanging up the mic. “I’m still going to rap,” said Banks. “i just don’t want the label and all the other crap that comes with the ‘rap game’… it’s boring. rather be a dance artist.. lol.”

If you still want to stay connected with Banks, you can visit her on Tumblr. “Catch me on tumblr… it’ll be more interesting.”

Her first order of business once leaving Twitter was to debut the cover art for “Aquababe,” the second single off her mixtape Fantasea, due July 4.

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/06/09/azealia-banks-no-longer-wants-to-be-known-as-a-rapper/#more-126571

She's working my nerves and her debut album isn't even out yet. :sigh: I hope she knocks off the bullshit asap.

The problem is she came into the game talking shit and made tons of enemies before she could release a single. Now her beefs are overshadowing her music and she can't deal.

Exactly. She rarely if ever allowed her art to speak for itself.

Exactly. She rarely if ever allowed her art to speak for itself.

When your song/video goes viral and becomes huge hit on its own that's speaking for itself. She just needs to step away from social media. The only star on twitter should be Rihanna the rest take it so fucking seriously and make asses of themselves.

When your song/video goes viral and becomes huge hit on its own that's speaking for itself. She just needs to step away from social media. The only star on twitter should be Rihanna the rest take it so fucking seriously and make asses of themselves.

But she isn't at the point where she can lash out every time she gets salty.

I know I agree. She is really young too so I think she'll learn better.

If she gets a second chance. :filenails:

Lets be honest, the bitch released an EP, not an LP. She doesn't have an official single, The general public does not know her and the response to her music on the urban blogs that do know her has been mixed. She's trying to follow the career trajectory of Nicki Minaj, but some people think her songs are throwing shade at Nicki. One minute she loves kim and the next she's dissing her. Not to mention her beef with TI and his artist Iggy Azalea. Plus she just fired her manager.

She more trouble than what she's worth.

If she gets a second chance. :filenails:

Lets be honest, the bitch released an EP, not an LP. She doesn't have an official single, The general public does not know her and the response to her music on the urban blogs that do know her has been mixed. She's trying to follow the career trajectory of Nicki Minaj, but some people think her songs are throwing shade at Nicki. One minute she loves kim and the next she's dissing her. Not to mention her beef with TI and his artist Iggy Azalea. Plus she just fired her manager.

She more trouble than what she's worth.

So it sounds like she's not even big enough for her antics to matter at all and for her to have any kind of backlash. I guess she's in good shape ^_^

She got booed at the Summer Jam festival for performing songs like 1991 and for having 2 backup dancers (one of them being a male) voguing to her songs so that clearly had an impact on her. She is young and will learn which songs she should perform for the Urban public. They will boo her to the pits if she dares to perform 212, 1991, Bambi etc in front of them again

She is being over dramatic but that's it. She will continue to do her music, will continue to rap on her songs but for numerous reasons she just doesn't want to be looked at as a rapper.

Deleting her twitter was the best thing she could have done and even though She was the one i followed the most i don't want her to reactivate it.

Meanwhile

Oh, là là là, flirting with a cool french dude named Antoine

Wanna taste the pastry chocolate croissant

Ce soir with your bitch, café au lait?

FUCKING TUNE :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Cannot wait for Aquababe :wub: She is one of the artists that makes me super excited whenever she releases something :wub:

She got booed at the Summer Jam festival for performing songs like 1991 and for having 2 backup dancers (one of them being a male) voguing to her songs so that clearly had an impact on her. She is young and will learn which songs she should perform for the Urban public. They will boo her to the pits if she dares to perform 212, 1991, Bambi etc in front of them again

She is being over dramatic but that's it. She will continue to do her music, will continue to rap on her songs but for numerous reasons she just doesn't want to be looked at as a rapper.

Deleting her twitter was the best thing she could have done and even though She was the one i followed the most i don't want her to reactivate it.

Meanwhile

Oh, là là là, flirting with a cool french dude named Antoine

Wanna taste the pastry chocolate croissant

Ce soir with your bitch, café au lait?

FUCKING TUNE :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Cannot wait for Aquababe :wub: She is one of the artists that makes me super excited whenever she releases something :wub:

I see her point then having had that reaction. I learned all the words to 1991 jorge :lol:

Like I said before, it's something about her that rubs me the wrong way.

:rolleyes:

I see her point then having had that reaction. I learned all the words to 1991 jorge :lol:

OMG :mellow: That song is my Ave Maria *slowly grooves thinking about it* -_-

Imma need receipts :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

OMG :mellow: That song is my Ave Maria *slowly grooves thinking about it* -_-

Imma need receipts :rolleyes:

Mine too :lol: I used rap genius which seemed like the best one, but even they have ? during parts of it :sigh: so I just kind of mumble those parts but I have it memorized lol. Do u know if official lyrics are out? :unsure: cus that's all that's stopping me from doing my cover ^_^

Mine too :lol: I used rap genius which seemed like the best one, but even they have ? during parts of it :sigh: so I just kind of mumble those parts but I have it memorized lol. Do u know if official lyrics are out? :unsure: cus that's all that's stopping me from doing my cover ^_^

Yes but she is way too damn fast, serving us speedy gonzales realness on a retro house beat. I can't catch up :sigh: