Jermaine Dupri Hopes Frank Ocean Can Save R&B

TwistedElegance™

R&B isn't dead, the artists need to reinvent themselves AND the genre. If it was the popular genre now, the music sales would still be low since majority of the things released aren't taking the industry to a new level.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say this again and again, but R&B went through this in the 80s and all it took was making it something new for people to take notice again.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say this again and again, but R&B went through this in the 80s and all it took was making it something new for people to take notice again.

Exactly. The New Jack Swing sound did wonders for R&B/Hip Hop leading into the 90s. Maybe a new producer should try to blend the new dance sound with NJS...that could help the genre some since the new generation basically wants to dance.

Just because you say it isn't doesn't mean it isn't. Just like Bu stated, ppl state all the time if Adele was black she wouldn't have won all those awards with a Soul/R&B album. So how about you have a seat in the corner and face the wall if you're gonna be one-sided about the topic. :coffee:

im not people...and what i said was here comes this adele bitch again

Move on. It's clear all you're doing is trying to start an unnecessary argument nothing. Maybe you can comprehend that a recap of a previous post isn't needed if it was addressed.

It wasn't addressed, because there was nothing address!...and I could talk about this as long as I like! Who is gonna make me move on? I doubt it's you

I don't think it's about the audience not caring. It's about the audience not hearing it because radio isn't playing it. I remember when I used to dislike dance music, now because I hear it all the time I like it. If radio played more r'n'b then more people would be exposed to it and more would buy it.

If TTWLG or Creep etc were released today and played every hour people would like them buy them

The sad thing is that most people like what they are fed and don't think much outside that, especially younger people. As you get older and have been exposed to more then you have more to draw from which informs your tastes.

I don't think it's about the audience not caring. It's about the audience not hearing it because radio isn't playing it. I remember when I used to dislike dance music, now because I hear it all the time I like it. If radio played more r'n'b then more people would be exposed to it and more would buy it.

If TTWLG or Creep etc were released today and played every hour people would like them buy them

The sad thing is that most people like what they are fed and don't think much outside that, especially younger people. As you get older and have been exposed to more then you have more to draw from which informs your tastes.

Now some record labels are makIng deals (still payola) to have their artists played constantly.

^^^the blacklisting was the main issue. Feedback should have been a hit, there wasn't a better choice of first single. 20 was all over the place. I still say Enjoy was her best chance of a global hit. I think GIOM could have done well given a fair chance.

^^^the blacklisting was the main issue. Feedback should have been a hit, there wasn't a better choice of first single. 20 was all over the place. I still say Enjoy was her best chance of a global hit. I think GIOM could have done well given a fair chance.

Agreed with FB.. And then LUV to follow up.

Enjoy would have ate up the r&b world as well as crossed over... The 2nd single is still a mystery to me on that album... GIOM prolly would have had some success but after that.. Idk where Janet could have gone