United States Postal Service

Is USPS dying?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is USPS Dying?

• The USPS is a dead industry
    • The USPS could be a powerhouse

for some people yes, we have an aging population that are not internet savvy nor do they wish to be, so paper matters, problem is funding does too, so they will have to pay more for postage. I know in my area they "consolidated" the mailing stations which means folks either transferred or lost a job.

when I worked for the USPS a few years ago, they were thinking about closing down on saturdays. Also they closed down a lot of smaller offices in small towns.

I still think there is a need for it. But they are loosing a lot of money and it gets worse every year

There is no way it could be a "powerhouse" without a massive overhaul and honestly to privatize it. To be a competitor to UPS etc without the bloat. Its too bloated right now with too many employees for what it does. E-mail, texting and the internet have just cut down on the need for paper mail to such an extent there is no turning back really there.

Delivering packages however will only get more important with all these online stores and the way people shop online nowadays.

Hell I am waiting on like 4 different packages right now from online shopping. There is money to be made still in mail but they have to cut their bloat and put more energy into competing with the side of mail delivery that is still active and relevant.

There is no way it could be a "powerhouse" without a massive overhaul and honestly to privatize it. To be a competitor to UPS etc without the bloat. Its too bloated right now with too many employees for what it does. E-mail, texting and the internet have just cut down on the need for paper mail to such an extent there is no turning back really there.

Delivering packages however will only get more important with all these online stores and the way people shop online nowadays.

Hell I am waiting on like 4 different packages right now from online shopping. There is money to be made still in mail but they have to cut their bloat and put more energy into competing with the side of mail delivery that is still active and relevant.

:thumbup: