Chick-fil-A Anti-Homosexual

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Eat There?

• No, I will never eat there again until they change their policies
    • No, I never ate there anyways
    • Yes, Who cares about gay rights.. I just want chicken because I'm fat

Are we really acting surprised that the owner of a Christian faith-based fast food chain is against gay marriage? LOL...oppression isn't merely relegated to Chick-Fil-A, where there is no exclusion. There are many 'anti-gay marriage' individuals associated with corporate entities that have a place in our daily lives...surely, all of which are not being boycotted.

This is just another pissing contest between right-winged/Christian Extremists and the Gay Militia...the same gay militia that is oppressive itself (i.e, racism, misogyny, classism, fascism, transphobia, and so on). I see right through this bullshit on both sides.

Putting these places out of business only contributes to the rate of employment...which in turn constitutes more public assistance, higher taxes and national debt accumulated. This is not a matter of human rights. Chick-Fil-A is not the government. It is a restaurant owned by someone that fundamentally is opposed to an inevitable right afforded to all.

Why has the focus shifted in the fight to legalize gay marriage from the government to the owner of a restaurant? This is clearly a diversionary tactic meant to make a matter of personal preference a political issue to further both respective agendas.

Are we really acting surprised that the owner of a Christian faith-based fast food chain is against gay marriage? LOL...oppression isn't merely relegated to Chick-Fil-A, where there is no exclusion. There are many 'anti-gay marriage' individuals associated with corporate entities that have a place in our daily lives...surely, all of which are not being boycotted.

This is just another pissing contest between right-winged/Christian Extremists and the Gay Militia...the same gay militia that is oppressive itself (i.e, racism, misogyny, classism, fascism, transphobia, and so on). I see right through this bullshit on both sides.

Putting these places out of business only contributes to the rate of employment...which in turn constitutes more public assistance, higher taxes and national debt accumulated. This is not a matter of human rights. Chick-Fil-A is not the government. It is a restaurant owned by someone that fundamentally is opposed to an inevitable right afforded to all.

Why has the focus shifted in the fight to legalize gay marriage from the government to the owner of a restaurant? This is clearly a diversionary tactic meant to make a matter of personal preference a political issue to further both respective agendas.

Exactly. Why are people acting so oblivious to the fact that many right wing CEO's run the majority of these corporations.

Who said the focus has shifted to the owner of a restauraunt? You think people have stopped supporting the more general political avenues of getting the local and federal governments to recognize them and their rights? It is something for the media to get around right now sure and it has become a talking point for both sides but it is far more than some private christians food chain and the people he wants to see oppressed but will still take thier pennies for a box of nuggets.

He may as well have a sign on the door saying fuck you f***, but please pay me for some nuggets so I can use the money to find a way to not give you your rights. Clearly the support for the chain from gay haters and self defeating hungry gays that MUST HAVE some nuggets is not going to put this place out of business so the whole unemployment line is ridiculous. It should be scary and sad to see that in plain view that people will LINE up wrapped around the damn chicken joint building post pictures of their waffle fry and nugget bags on Facebook in support of the idea that gays are second class citizens and need to stay that way. But, people will do what they wanna do regardless and this is America after all.

I know several gay couples who wish they could get married here in Texas. I saw how hard it was for them to adopt their 3 wonderful kids and I see how great they are as fathers and they DESERVE the right to get married if they want too. They damn well deserve it better than the cracked out bitch who they saved those kids from and took them in and gave them a loving home. But she can go get married anywhere she wants too RIGHT now. While they had to strugle and jump through all kinds of hoops just to provide a life for their kids. I personally would never hand someone money who is basically sneering at me and flat out tells me I am second class but will take my money though.

Is CHic-Fil-A the be all end all of fay rights? Hell no but it is one place that we all KNOW, is funneling money directly to opress people.

• 1 month later...

Chick-fil-A agrees to stop funding antigay groups, Chicago alderman says

Chick-fil-A, the fast-food chain that sparked a firestorm earlier this year after its president made public comments against same-sex marriage, has agreed to stop funding antigay groups, a Chicago alderman says.

Joe Moreno, the alderman whose opposition of a proposed Chick-fil-A on Chicago's north side helped fuel the controversy, told the Chicago Tribune the company has pledged to include a statement of respect for all sexual orientations in a memo to staffers, and has promised that the WinShape Foundations, its not-for-profit arm, would no longer contribute money to groups that oppose gay marriage. Moreno said he will recommend that Chick-fil-A's construction plans be approved.

"Last week, I met with Chick-fil-A executives for the second time this month," Moreno said in a statement on Wednesday. "These meetings cap 10 months of negotiations with the company over concerns about fair and equal hiring and serving practices within the company. Before now, Chick-fil-A had no formal message as it related to the fair treatment of all citizens in our great democracy. Now, for the first time in the company's history, Chick-fil-A provided an official company document, which clarifies their new policies to ensure equality at Chick-fil-A facilities."

The memo, "Chick-fil-A: Who We Are," will be distributed to all corporate employees and restaurant operators, encouraging them to "treat every person with honor, dignity and respect—regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender," Moreno said.

In a letter to the alderman, the company wrote that WinShape is "taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas."

Since 2003, the nonprofit has donated millions of dollars to groups that promote "traditional marriage," including Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage. According to the Civil Rights Agenda, a Chicago-based LGBT advocacy group that worked closely with Moreno, Chick-fil-A executives "clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations."

A Chick-fil-A spokeswoman declined to comment to Yahoo News but forwarded a statement the company made in July:

"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect —regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender," the statement reads. "Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

Earlier this year, Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A president and chief operating officer, said in a radio interview that "we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.'

"I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

In an interview with the Baptist Press, Cathy doubled down on his stance against same-sex unions.

"Guilty as charged," he said. "We are very much supportive of the family—the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

The comments sparked protests and counter-protests at Chick-fil-A stores.

The company, founded by Dan's father, Truett Cathy, in 1946, has a history of "unapologetic social conservatism," as the Daily Caller put it. All 1,608 of its stores are closed on Sundays, a day of rest for most Christians.

The WinShape Foundation gave $3.2 million to groups that advocate against same-sex marriage between 2008 and 2010, according to ABC News.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chick-fil-funding-anti-gay-groups-175154249.html?_esi=1

----

Fat gay Americans rejoice!