ALL NITE (DON'T STOP) = UNDERRATED!

Kim

Actually a lot of non-fans in my school were really feeling All Nite...I think they loved the Elephant remix.

Mine too, which is why I'm baffled by "Only Janfans" like that wasn't the case from what I remember in 04. The people (non-Janfans) I talked to about it all liked it, pretty much all of them said it reminded them of Britney (which wasn't necessarily a negative thing they were saying, Britney was HOTT in that era) but they liked it and would dance to it.

Mine too, which is why I'm baffled by "Only Janfans" like that wasn't the case from what I remember in 04. The people (non-Janfans) I talked to about it all liked it, pretty much all of them said it reminded them of Britney (which wasn't necessarily a negative thing they were saying, Britney was HOTT in that era) but they liked it and would dance to it.

They also liked So Excited (the remix) and Feedback.

'JALW', however, remains a horrid misstep and the worst quality single of Janet's career.

No arguing, only agreeing.

no lies above.. I agree with the stuff I deleted too

It was "expected" for All Nite to not be a top 100? Sorry but #1 or not, had it not been for the SB theres NO doubt that song wouldnt've been top 10 or 5. You might feel that way about the lyrics and vocals but it was VERY much the sound of that time (lyrically & vocally), it was very much what was hot in 04. But the song did NOT desserve to miss the top 100.

every one liked it.. no one bought it... Janet was having a hard time managing her blockade from radio and iTunes was just starting up so there was no way to get her music out... i agree with the bold... but i disagree with the "top 10" opinion... I know it's hard to disconnect from Janhova's path and have some sort of realism... but that song wasn't THAT good on a national level..

JALW would have made it top ten if radio didn't block her... and if iTunes was around just because hundreds of millions of people seen her boob.. they would have launched at the single like it was no tomorrow

no lies above.. I agree with the stuff I deleted too

every one liked it.. no one bought it... Janet was having a hard time managing her blockade from radio and iTunes was just starting up so there was no way to get her music out... i agree with the bold... but i disagree with the "top 10" opinion... I know it's hard to disconnect from Janhova's path and have some sort of realism... but that song wasn't THAT good on a national level..

JALW would have made it top ten if radio didn't block her... and if iTunes was around just because hundreds of millions of people seen her boob.. they would have launched at the single like it was no tomorrow

I totally forgot iTunes only started then :lol:...it explains a lot of good songs that should/could have been bigger.

Actually it's quite easy for me, I have a huge family, and alot of friends in my age group, and of them all, I'm the biggest Janet fan I know, meaning I basically only surround myself with other Janfans online for the most part. I have people in my life that love her, but don't own a album, I have people who think she's alright, and people who flat out dont like/hate her. And they all keep it real with me on her if I ask their opinions. And the majority of the opinion I got from All Nite not even just form the people I know but from when the song would rarely come on the radio in a park or store, it was like any hot song. It just didnt' sell.

I'd go far enough to say All Nite would've had a easier chance to get a #1 than JALW because JALW had NO urban appeal or support, JUST pop & dance. I want you (not saying that 1 would've gone top 10 on the pop charts) & All Nite did. All Nite had the potential to get the pop charts, R&B, & Dance.

And it has NOTHING to do about being a Janet fan, it's about what was the sound and look at that time in 04, and All Nite fit it perfectly. It fit what britney, Usher, Beyonce, and every other chart topper in 04 was doing and sounding like.

Actually it's quite easy for me, I have a huge family, and alot of friends in my age group, and of them all, I'm the biggest Janet fan I know, meaning I basically only surround myself with other Janfans online for the most part. I have people in my life that love her, but don't own a album, I have people who think she's alright, and people who flat out dont like/hate her. And they all keep it real with me on her if I ask their opinions. And the majority of the opinion I got from All Nite not even just form the people I know but from when the song would rarely come on the radio in a park or store, it was like any hot song. It just didnt' sell.

I'd go far enough to say All Nite would've had a easier chance to get a #1 than JALW because JALW had NO urban appeal or support, JUST pop & dance. I want you (not saying that 1 would've gone top 10 on the pop charts) & All Nite did. All Nite had the potential to get the pop charts, R&B, & Dance.

And it has NOTHING to do about being a Janet fan, it's about what was the sound and look at that time in 04, and All Nite fit it perfectly. It fit what britney, Usher, Beyonce, and every other chart topper in 04 was doing and sounding like.

Of course its "quite easy" for you :rolleyes:

Well It didn't... Soooo

:umm:

Let's try that again, only this time with an answer that doesn't make me want to scratch my eyes out and put you on ignore.

JALW is more pop friendly and catchy as cheesy as it may be. Janet spent half of AN(DS) trying not to turn the song into a full out whisper. JALW had clear crisp vocals, a guitar, and hooks.

• Upvote 2

Of course its "quite easy" for you :rolleyes:

Well It didn't... Soooo

:umm:

Sure is, never had the luxury to be a "everything Janet did was brilliant" fan, too many people to shut that down.

Well it still wouldnt've with that backlash :coffee:

JALW is more pop friendly and catchy as cheesy as it may be. Janet spent half of AN(DS) trying not to turn the song into a full out whisper. JALW had clear crisp vocals, a guitar, and hooks.

Which is why it would've fit in 2001, where if it were a All For You single it acually would've hit top 10. 04 wasnt all about vocals or even that kind of pop/rock. Urban-R&B/pop was center stage in 04, the proof of that is Usher, Britney, & Bey and every other 03-04 chart topper :whistle:

It's cheese done wrong, though. I'm definitely not hearing a stronger single than 'AN(DS)'. Pop-friendly/cheesy Janet works on classics like 'All For You' and 'Escapade', but there's a reason tracks like 'Whoops Now' and 'JALW' haven't really resonated with fans and non-fans on the whole; it's just bad music. 'AN(DS)' might be half whispered, but it sizzles like only a Janet track can when all the elements align. It's like 'If 2.0'. Nothing about 'JALW' says Janet to me. Nor Dallas Austin for that matter. A stain on both their discographies.

• Upvote 1

It's cheese done wrong, though. I'm definitely not hearing a stronger single than 'AN(DS)'. Pop-friendly/cheesy Janet works on classics like 'All For You' and 'Escapade', but there's a reason tracks like 'Whoops Now' and 'JALW' haven't really resonated with fans and non-fans on the whole; it's just bad music. 'AN(DS)' might be half whispered, but it sizzles like only a Janet track can when all the elements align. It's like 'If 2.0'. Nothing about 'JALW' says Janet to me. Nor Dallas Austin for that matter. A stain on both their discographies.

I spot no lies :coffee:

I wish we were on the same page. -_- But I disagree.

I don't think you can lump Whoops Now and JALW together. The only similarities they have is that they're both upbeat pop songs.

JALW is pop perfection. It was kind of a misleading single in terms of what Damita Jo would turn out to be as a whole, which is probably why it's tacked on at the end, but it's still a hot song nonetheless.

The video could've been better though. :umm: