How many of you have moved to another city?

Bailey

I am an introvert I wish I could pull up the thread we did on personalities. Most of us here are, surprisingly most of us took the test. There are two extroverts here Ralphie and Pie, and Pie hasn't been here in over a year if not more. I had a cousin he moved into a dorm right here at fucking home :sigh: his mom, my aunt paid for him to live that dorm life, this dummy and some other dummy horsing around broke a 600 dollar glass door in the brand new dorms, so he got put out. Stupid :umm:

I'm definitely an introvert too. lol

LOL What a fail. Poor guy. But living in a dorm in your hometown just to get the experience? Is he spoiled? :umm:

well I think that's what we all kinda want, I don't want to live in some big ass city like LA, I am scared of heights and the freeways are supposed to be really huge, when I visited Dallas the freeways there kinda had me panicking, like oh shit that's kinda high we taking that? Ima close my eyes you take the wheel.

I prefer living in a big city. I really can't with small cities.

I will and have gone to many many movies alone, if I waited for a friend or someone I would never see a movie, and I have pretty eclectic tastes so I can't get everyone I would know to go see Brokeback Mountain in a small theater if they are Black lesbians. I have gone to the bar and sat alone just to have a beer before a movie and I love to people watch.

:cheers:

I wish I was more comfortable going alone when I was younger, or even a year ago. I missed out on soooo many movies on the big screen. <_<

I was on what my girlfriend there called the strip and yes down further was a Latino bar they had food after the bar outside it was good, my friend she was like nigga you drunk. I got fucked up in a Black bar with women some damn bar, and this one chick gone say why you mean mugging me, I was like no sweety sometimes I make faces and don't even realize it and you too cute for that, all the while some girl on the floor ass popping for dollas, I danced my ass off my friend was like you be dancing yo ass off...they forget him love Janet. :rolleyes:

yeah the strip is Cedar Springs. The latino club was Havanas where i use to work. I know because that is the only hispanic club on the strip. Shoot when 20yo came out i played most of that album at that club for pride. One of the members from the forum was there that night BUT i suck when it comes to names so i dont remember who. and i just got home from out there right now. and u better pop it for dollars lol haha

I'm definitely an introvert too. lol

LOL What a fail. Poor guy. But living in a dorm in your hometown just to get the experience? Is he spoiled? :umm:

No he is not spoiled my Auntie's theory of child rearing is kick these lil muthafuckas out as fast as I can, if they got wings bitch you leaving the nest and if you start falling down you betta swing those wings harder :filenails: She will openly tell you "oh no I am all for kids leaving home" :filenails:

yeah the strip is Cedar Springs. The latino club was Havanas where i use to work. I know because that is the only hispanic club on the strip. Shoot when 20yo came out i played most of that album at that club for pride. One of the members from the forum was there that night BUT i suck when it comes to names so i dont remember who. and i just got home from out there right now. and u better pop it for dollars lol haha

yep it was Havanas thats where I was

Do you feel like Janet? Living outta suit case? research, you have the brains figure it out....how old are u? You ready to settle down? Sounds like no your career is taking yo ass instead of you taking yo career

I'm 25. I would like to now settle somewhere for say 2 - 3 years then go back abroad again. I actually want to move back to Asia in the future ... Hong Kong or Singapore or maybe back to Japan. Have you ever considered moving internationally ?

I'm 25. I would like to now settle somewhere for say 2 - 3 years then go back abroad again. I actually want to move back to Asia in the future ... Hong Kong or Singapore or maybe back to Japan. Have you ever considered moving internationally ?

Depends on where Blacks are okay, I here Paris is nice.

You need to stop making EVERYTHING about race ... gezzzuss :mellow: I think you're your own worst enemy.

In this case I do believe you misunderstood me, as a Black gay man who lives where I have lived all my life unlike traveling like you have for me to be in a place where I can be accepted matters more to someone who lacks that then it does for someone who has had some semblance of that life, so excuse me but I think you are uninformed about my life as such you cannot accurately assess my situation. When I read the front page of the paper and it says young Black men here are most likely to die than go to college that affects how you feel.

You need to stop making EVERYTHING about race ... gezzzuss :mellow: I think you're your own worst enemy.

we are NOT in a post race society when a Black reporter has peanuts thrown at her, believe the hype if you want to but race matters...still, ask Trayvon Martin....oh wait you can't do that can you?

In this case I do believe you misunderstood me, as a Black gay man who lives where I have lived all my life unlike traveling like you have for me to be in a place where I can be accepted matters more to someone who lacks that then it does for someone who has had some semblance of that life, so excuse me but I think you are uninformed about my life as such you cannot accurately assess my situation. When I read the front page of the paper and it says young Black men here are most likely to die then go to college that affects how you feel.

Firstly, everything you explained here, I already know, as I am a black man myself. I am completely aware of the mind trap that your environment can nurture into you. I'm not ignorant of this. Yes I have been able to travel, but please don't think for one second that where you are from is the only place that drives negative images of black people into peoples heads because the UK is full of that racist bullshit. Just don't undermind other cultures and their difference and how they percieve you because as a black man, I was treated FAR better in Japan than I ever have been in the UK.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I loved it... it's not for everyone but it definatly is a great place to visit.

Yup, Can't see myself living there but my brother did for 2yrs, and my cousin lived there for almost 15-20yrs and started a family there. But I do LOVE it there, soooo different, like I can't compare it to anywhere else. I LOVED Egypt too, but you gotta spend alot of money to live good there lol. But I guess thats true most places now days.

Firstly, everything you explained here, I already know, as I am a black man myself. I am completely aware of the mind trap that your environment can nurture into you. I'm not ignorant of this. Yes I have been able to travel, but please don't think for one second that where you are from is the only place that drives negative images of black people into peoples heads because the UK is full of that racist bullshit. Just don't undermind other cultures and their difference and how they percieve you because as a black man, I was treated FAR better in Japan than I ever have been in the UK.

I get where you are coming from, I never said that my hometown has a monopoly on treating Blacks like shit, what I said and will repeat for you again, is that I have not had the pleasure of being in a city where Blacks were treated well, so again excuse me if my view point is slightly skewed due to the fact I have not experienced something you have and as a result I long for that, so for me race matters.

So what are you going to do, live a life pressed about race ?????

absolutely not, but what I have learned the hard way is never forget who you are, because as soon as you believe you can aspire to greatness and your race is nothing more than skin color there is someone at the door ready to close it in your face. So was I trying to be as you say "pressed" about race? NO I was living my life until my race was pressed in my face.