Vocally OVERRATED

janetDAYZ

Dear you got it so mixed up, Bey took the spotlight off J.Lo, not saying they're vocally at all, their music styles and single choices were very similar. You'd have a point if Bey presented herself and her singles as that vocalist, getting hit ballads more than hit dance songs, but no Bey got attention and is still more highly regarded for her dance songs and performances than her ballads. By those same guidelines your comparison is like saying Janet took the shine from Aretha. Jennifer Lopez marketed herself as the urban pop/R&B bombshell dance hit maker, and then in 2003 was snatched. And Christina was still releasing hit singles and selling decent numbers up until 2010, and though she markets herself as a entertainer, and does have the dance hits & is arguably toe to toe with Bey on choreography, she's known for the voice & the ballads....so no
Christina marketed herself as a vocalist, Bey marketed herself as a entertainer. 

Beyonce took the spotlight from Ashanti, Mya,  Most of Xtina's fans, and many others. I agree, they're about on par with choreography and respective genres. Beyonce just did a better job marketing herself. 

JLo just made terrible music in 2003 

But voice of a generation? Xtina is the Michelle of her generation :unsure: 

Edited by Game

The voice of her generation is NOT Xtina. Xtina just has the loudest voice of her generation  

Beyonce #NotSorry 

thats debatable cus ppl use to site Xtina and Beyonce as the Whit and Mariah of their generation...but Xtina would get the leading vote over Beyonce vocally from what I would see. But Beyonce is not just "the clear winner" over Xtina vocally.... na uh ..but I am sorry you feel that way 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 3

Beyonce took the spotlight from Ashanti, Mya,  Most of Xtina's fans, and many others. I agree, they're about on par with choreography and respective genres. Beyonce just did a better job marketing herself. 

Problem with that theory, not 1 other girl you named is a vocalist 1st and a performer 2nd the way Christina is. If Bey wanted Christina's fans, she'd have to have more hit ballads (or at least more than 1) hit ballad, and market herself as a voclaist. Bey put the entertainer girls on hold. Christina marketed herself as both but clinged to vocalist more as she should of because she got more notice & praise for that, vice versa with Bey & dance/performances but what she did. 

Terrible music goes up the charts all the time, Bey just came with better music than her competition (the dance girls) thus for the domination.

She's not the Michele in terms of vocalists who've marketed themselves as vocalists, but as entertainers, I'll give you that. :coffee: 

You were making alot of sense til we got here.

Michelle of her generation???? Maybe status-wise but vocally? Name another singer thats up there with Xtina and Beyonce vocally cus if Xtina isnt #1 then she is for damn sure #2 ...and we're missing the 3rd member 

The 3 female pop vocalists who marketed themselves as VOCALISTS (above all else) of the 00-10 generation were Christina, Jessica Simpson, & Kelly Clarkson. Kelly is the most relevant, but Christina has her beat in the vocals though, & we all know who the Michelle is, and she's got a fashion empire right now. If anyone come up with another name, make sure it's a name who's more known for them ballads and them vocals than her dance hits & Choreography  :coffee: 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Christina hasn't had a good vocal moment in years. Great singer but her voice is not the tea live anymore. A Mariah Carey tea but not as drastic.

I do think Beyonce can be overrated at times but she's been experimented more with her voice on the past 3 albums and I appreciate that. But she can sound a bit...dead at times. 

I don't think we actually have a vocalist of this generation because this generation has been all about singers with little talent and great images. 

I think Adele is overrated. I do like her voice but I also think people do too much on it. I don't think she's fully recovered from that vocal haemorrhage she had. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 2

Problem with that theory, not 1 other girl you named is a vocalist 1st and a performer 2nd the way Christina is. If Bey wanted Christina's fans, she'd have to have more hit ballads (or at least more than 1) hit ballad, and market herself as a voclaist. Bey put the entertainer girls on hold. Christina marketed herself as both but clinged to vocalist more as she should of because she got more notice & praise for that, vice versa with Bey & dance/performances but what she did. 

Terrible music goes up the charts all the time, Bey just came with better music than her competition (the dance girls) thus for the domination.

She's not the Michele in terms of vocalists who've marketed themselves as vocalists, but as entertainers, I'll give you that. :coffee: 

She can't just do ballads and expect her fans to come back.. She has to come hard and serious. Have a message. The people love a message. 

Beyonce hasn't had very much success on Billboard***. She's an album artist.. She did that to herself 

She's the Michelle in a way where she's the lessor of the vocalists

Edited by Game
*** - Hot 100

She can't just do ballads and expect her fans to come back.. She has to come hard and serious. Have a message. The people love a message. 

Beyonce hasn't had very much success on Billboard***. She's an album artist.. She did that to herself 

She's the Michelle in a way where she's the lessor of the vocalists

Mostly agreed, but no matter what she puts out(like even with the new song, which now I think is the perfect time that she released that song) the timing is key and the promotion

Yea she became a albums artist with these last 2 albums, but those 1st 4 albums, she was promoting and releasing single after single like everybody else

Except she literally is the opposite of the lessor of them in terms of vocals.... I mean are you REALLY trying to say Jessia Simpson is a better vocalist than her? 

@Bu truth is shes been working on her control & technique in the last 2 years, this def goes with her performances that show she got that voice on lock https://youtu.be/2_B4THITnm4

Good for her. She needs to. I liked her vocal during that horrible Whitney hologram performance even if she was still too loud but overall I think she's become a shouty mess. She pushes her larynx down to make it seem more powerful when her natural voice is probably lighter than Mariah's (she shows her natural voice on the Burlesque soundtrack). If she hones that in, she would be perfect. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

Mostly agreed, but no matter what she puts out(like even with the new song, which now I think is the perfect time that she released that song) the timing is key and the promotion

Yea she became a albums artist with these last 2 albums, but those 1st 4 albums, she was promoting and releasing single after single like everybody else

Except she literally is the opposite of the lessor of them in terms of vocals.... I mean are you REALLY trying to say Jessia Simpson is a better vocalist than her? 

If she uses her show as a means to promote.. She's screwed

After the second singles, she suffered 

Jessica Simpson had a weak voice. She's as much of a vocalist as Britney

If she doesn't use it right like Adam does (and other artists have who've guest performed on their, that's literally how Say Something went on to be the Grammy winning world wide hit it is, along with a few other songs), it's about the timing.

Yea but she always tried, but up until 4getful she was REALLY good at picking the 1st single to kick off a era.

Nah, she's a vocalist, she's got voice, comparing her against Britney is really doing too much, but still it's how she marketed herself and it's what she got the attention she had musically for (same as Christina & Kelly)

say what??????????????? :blink:

Norman,imma need u to research before u say idiotic shit like this.  Vocally they are milessssssss apart :mellow: Ppl aways considered Xtina and Jessica Simpson as the vocalists while Britney and that Mandy Moore girl were juss marketing puppets. 

I cannot believe u said they r on the same level vocally ...plz stfu right away :lmao:

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

I don't know Jessica's music but I remember the first time I saw a Jessica Simpson video - I thought she had the looks of Britney and the voice of Christina. I literally said "when did Britney sound so good?" :lmao:. I think it was a song called Impossible or Irresistible?

• Upvote 2

I don't know Jessica's music but I remember the first time I saw a Jessica Simpson video - I thought she had the looks of Britney and the voice of Christina. I literally said "when did Britney sound so good?" :lmao:. I think it was a song called Impossible or Irresistible?

ohhhhh tha takes me back. And i think it was irresistable :lol:

say what??????????????? :blink:

Norman,imma need u to research before u say idiotic shit like this.  Vocally they are milessssssss apart :mellow: Ppl aways considered Xtina and Jessica Simpson as the vocalists while Britney and that Mandy Moore girl were juss marketing puppets. 

I cannot believe u said they r on the same level vocally ...plz stfu right away :lmao:

Sorry

:blink: I know she was semi popular but vocally she wasn't strong 

If she doesn't use it right like Adam does (and other artists have who've guest performed on their, that's literally how Say Something went on to be the Grammy winning world wide hit it is, along with a few other songs), it's about the timing.

Yea but she always tried, but up until 4getful she was REALLY good at picking the 1st single to kick off a era.

Nah, she's a vocalist, she's got voice, comparing her against Britney is really doing too much, but still it's how she marketed herself and it's what she got the attention she had musically for (same as Christina & Kelly)

SS is the worst example you could use. It was a great song from an "Indy" band.. Xtina is an establish brand whereas the group {whose name I forgot} wasn't 

Beyonce has had successful first singles (4get and newer) but after that, no one cares. It's a strange thing but she did that to herself 

See the videos.. Maybe I should post live vocals but I could literally hear Britney sing these songs

Sorry

:blink: I know she was semi popular but vocally she wasn't strong 

SS is the worst example you could use. It was a great song from an "Indy" band.. Xtina is an establish brand whereas the group {whose name I forgot} wasn't 

Beyonce has had successful first singles (4get and newer) but after that, no one cares. It's a strange thing but she did that to herself 

See the videos.. Maybe I should post live vocals but I could literally hear Britney sing these songs

You should be, cause it didnt help you luv. You picked 2 songs that she didn't go in on out of her discog, when if you posted say 1 of her biggest hits......if you this could be sung by Britney in & sound the same you're admitting you're trolling lol

https://youtu.be/4bJ0F8KhhZ8

Note: This is what vocalists vs. Entertainers do, most entertainers debut singles are dance tracks (Bey, Brit) & most vocalists 1st singles are Ballads.....(Christina, Kelly, & Michelle...I mean Jessica). So you can not like her voice, but it doesn't change that she is with Christina & Kelly as the vocal trinity of the early 00s, and she's the Michelle by farrrr

Nah, its a good example, the song wasn't even a top 50(if that high even) but they performed it on the show, top.10. It happens with Maroon5 the most, Adam's the king of how to use your show to make your new single is a hit. It can be done, & Xtina did it once

#Truth

Edited by jarrylf

Bey could never do the things with her voice that Xtina could. Never in her fucking life!

• Upvote 1

You should be, cause it didnt help you luv. You picked 2 songs that she didn't go in on out of her discog, when if you posted say 1 of her biggest hits......if you this could be sung by Britney in & sound the same you're admitting you're trolling lol

https://youtu.be/4bJ0F8KhhZ8

Note: This is what vocalists vs. Entertainers do, most entertainers debut singles are dance tracks (Bey, Brit) & most vocalists 1st singles are Ballads.....(Christina, Kelly, & Michelle...I mean Jessica). So you can not like her voice, but it doesn't change that she is with Christina & Kelly as the vocal trinity of the early 00s, and she's the Michelle by farrrr

Nah, its a good example, the song wasn't even a top 50(if that high even) but they performed it on the show, top.10. It happens with Maroon5 the most, Adam's the king of how to use your show to make your new single is a hit. It can be done, & Xtina did it once

#Truth

Lmao I'm not trolling. I'm sorry, I know Jess is a non-factor but her vocals are weaker than her songs and if she's in the same class as Xtina, it's no wonder you all call her the Voice of half a decade. BtwWho is "Kelly" in your example?

Xtina is more of an entertainer IMO.. She dances and has dance songs with vocals. Something Beyonce dominated in

When did Xtina do it :unsure: 

Before my wife and I got married, she "dedicated" a Christina Aguilera song to me called Without You. I've never been a fan of her or her music, but after hearing that song, whenever Christina Aguilera would come up in conversation (not like it was very often or anything lol), I would always mention how that was my favorite song of hers. It really is a beautiful song (yes, I said beautiful) and we played it during our wedding reception, along with lots of other songs by various artists.. 

I've definitely heard her over-sing a few times like someone was holding a gun to her head forcing her to scream, but overall I don't think anyone could truly argue she can't sing..

just wanted to throw my 2 pennies in this.. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1