• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

[NEW] Bruno Mars - 24k Magic (Official Video)

75 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I wonder where it'll debut, I'd almost put money on top 10, like there's Banners ALLLLLLL over the net, the song is being played all throught the streets of LA this weekend....the promotion game is off the chain, there's no way at the very least this won't debut a top 20

Wasn't he on SNL last night :unsure: 

Posted · Report post

I think predictions are a top 5 debut. 

Posted · Report post

it's already at number 2 on Itunes.....he getting it :excited:

Posted · Report post

Lemme buy this real quick tho :wub: 

2016 isn't so bad after all :asham: 

mess :lol: ...why Ima buy it too though ? :ph34r:

Posted · Report post

Wasn't he on SNL last night :unsure: 

he wasn't.. the musical guest over the weekend on SNL was TwentyOne Pilots.. he will be on this weekend tho! 👍🏼 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Lord knows I love Bruno, he's my husband. But I just can't get into this. I know the album is going to be great, so it'll make up for this.

And I pray that I don't hear Uptown Funk again. 

Edited by Kishi

Posted · Report post

Lord knows I love Bruno, he's my husband. But I just can't get into this. I know the album is going to be great, so it'll make up for this.

And I pray that I don't hear Uptown Funk again. 

oh...you will

Posted · Report post

Billboard confirms that this'll be his highest chart entry, a top 10 debut for sure, I'm  betting top 5ish, its everywhere & most love it. Itll be #1 after SNL tonight in at most 2 weeks.

Posted · Report post

I'm more excited for the other song he's performing 👀

Posted · Report post

I'm not a big fan of 24K but I will definitely check out the album though. 

Posted · Report post

Chunky is way better than this song.

Posted · Report post

I like it. The funk/pop sound suits him (as with "Treasure" and "Uptown Funk")

Posted · Report post

One of the few commercial artists that actually seems to impress me. I like this...

His album leaked and it is heavy on the same sound as his last three-four singles. 

Dont get me wrong.. his album is good and flows extremely well but I'm missing that awesome Power ballad (the Babyface co-written song is weak) 

But the album is solid

Edited by Game

Posted · Report post

Yea ive been prepping for the dance album, he was saying in various interviews that this is all for the tour and what he realized with the last tour is he's stacked on ballads (he is), but he needs more dance music, its what he & the band likes to perform most & its what the audience responds to most. So I'm glad hes upfront about that, also cause he does dance music really well 

Thats so disappointing about the Babyface song but eh Face dont really have that touch anymore & hasnt had it in a good while. 

Posted · Report post

Haven't heard the album yet but Versace On The Floor is ready to be eaten alive by radio. It's the type of track ppl love from him. 

Posted · Report post

Yea I heard that song, and I left somethin on the floor...
Image result for Scary Movie cum gif

But I'm not looking for the leaks, it's hard, but....Bruno is bae, and I wanna....MMmmmph!

I'm glad it didn't leak like weeks earlier

the album sounds very well polished but its grounded in classic R&B grooves and that gives it a timeless notch

the dance tracks>>>>>>the ballads...

Edited by Bailey.

This is EASILY 1 of the best dance albums in YEARS. And I love every dance song is a different type. Perm is that good James Brown 70s funky shit like for real. And you have good representations of the 80s & 90s & 2 songs that sound perfect for today. 

This is why he slays, and it can be said for all 3 albums. You hear the influences but yiu hear him & his hard work & originality too. The man brings the live band & actual instrumentals & fucking harmonies, not sounding monotone & computerized. Hes so needed right now.

This fallows suit with the rest of the album's where theres only 1 filler track (Straight up & down). The rest I fell in love with & am still high from 1st listen.

False alarm on that Babyface song for me, I was expecting some Best Thing I Never Had crap, but no this was good, standout no, especially compared to his other ballads in the catelog, but its a great fit & closer for this album.

Best album from a male this year.

Edited by jarrylf

This is EASILY 1 of the best dance albums in YEARS. And I love every dance song is a different type. Perm is that good James Brown 70s funky shit like for real. And you have good representations of the 80s & 90s & 2 songs that sound perfect for today.

This is why he slays, and it can be said for all 3 albums. You hear the influences but yiu hear him & his hard work & originality too. The man brings the live band & actual instrumentals & fucking harmonies, not sounding monotone & computerized.

This falls suit with the rest of the album's where theres only 1 filler track (Straight up & down). The rest I fell in love with & am still high from 1st listen.

False alarm on that Babyface song for me, I was expecting some Best Thing I Never Had crap, but no this was good, standout no, especially compared to his other ballads in the catelog, but its a great fit & closer for this album.

That was a Babyface song? Kenneth, what you doing? Ugh That song brought the album down for me. 

Anyway I haven't heard this album yet but I had it pre-ordered. can't wait to hear it in full. I'm eager to listen to Callin' All My Lovelies since Game dedicated it to me

Edited by Dammn Bu

Posted · Report post

That was a Babyface song? Kenneth, what you doing? Ugh That song brought the album down for me. 

Anyway I haven't heard this album yet but I had it pre-ordered. can't wait to hear it in full. I'm eager to listen to Callin' All My Lovelies since Game dedicated it to me

Right, I was so very disappointed in learning that was him 

And it pleases me that he dedicated that song to you, its accurate. See it's about warning this girl if she dont stop ignoring him hes calling someone else.....that sounds accurate since...you mine. I dedicate Versace On The Floor to you. :D

Posted · Report post

Right, I was so very disappointed in learning that was him 

And it pleases me that he dedicated that song to you, its accurate. See it's about warning this girl if she dont stop ignoring him hes calling someone else.....that sounds accurate since...you mine. I dedicate Versace On The Floor to you. :D

:rolleyes: Ain't no one ask you to translate the song for him.. he'll listen to it.. smile and think about me when he's jammin out. 

Posted · Report post

This is why he slays, and it can be said for all 3 albums. You hear the influences but yiu hear him & his hard work & originality too. The man brings the live band & actual instrumentals & fucking harmonies, not sounding monotone & computerized. Hes so needed right now.

This fallows suit with the rest of the album's where theres only 1 filler track (Straight up & down). The rest I fell in love with & am still high from 1st listen.

I don't like his Sophomore album much but his first and this album is really really good. 

Im disappointed it was nine songs but I skipped two of them (Versace & the track after it). 

The Babyface track is basic... after working with Adele, Bruno should have come stronger with his ballad. 

Oh and one last thing: NINE TRACKS?!? Wtf. Zero exclusives too... that's where he messed up

Posted · Report post

Bought the album and it's simply incredible!! Sounds like it's straight out the 80's!! My type of music!

ALSO!!! The wife and I just bought our concert tickets!! July can't come fast enough!

Posted · Report post

I wasn't impressed on the first listen.

Right now I'm on the second listen and there are some clear stand outs.

My problem with this album is that I looove and live for music from the 70's to the 00's and the production and lyrics of every song seem lifted and borrowed, especially from the late 80's and early 90's. 

This isn't as good as his other 2 albums. Not a bad album. Just repetitive. UJ > DW&H > 24KM