The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

Mariah and Nick Are Having a Boy and a Girl (I KNEW IT! :w00t: Nah I'm frontin' :P)

Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 01-Feb-2011, 4:05PM EST

Life & Style can exclusively confirm that Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon are expecting a boy--and a girl! "It's all about pink and blue these days," a friend of the couple tells Life & Style. "It's truly going to be a dream come true for them. They get a son and daughter."

And Mariah couldn't be happier. "Even before we announced it was twins, I was trying to keep everything genderneutral because I didn't want to impose an identity on them too soon," Mariah tells Life & Style with a laugh. "There were fan contests on Twitter about what gender they are and rumors about them being two boys or two girls -- but nobody guessed this!"

Nick first revealed in December that the couple were having twins. "In order for my wife and I to have our life, we need to be up front and I need to be able to share things with you and be real," he said on his radio show. "I didn't even tell my wife I was gonna do this. I'm probably gonna get yelled at for not getting permission. We're having twins!" They're set to welcome their bundles of joy in April. "It's been a long journey--but a happy one," says mom-to-be Mariah.

For more on Nick and Mariah, plus all the latest on celebrity moms-to-be, pick up the new issue of Life & Style, on newsstands tomorrow.

My beautiful pregnant lady... ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEUH1nXexc

---------

This'll be good! ^_^ (Screw "Born This Way," I'm anticipating this... :P )

Mariah, JD Collaborate on "Points of Light" Song

Posted by Lynn on Friday, 11-Feb-2011, 2:43PM EST

Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey to Create Musical Collaboration to Celebrate the Power of People to Make Change in the World

Jermaine Dupri announced today that he and Mariah Carey will lead an effort to produce a musical collaboration encouraging people to step forward and commit to action to strengthen and improve our nation and the world. The inspiration for the song comes from Points of Light Institute, the largest enabler of voluntary action in the nation, an organization that inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take action that changes the world.

According to Dupri, music is a powerful vehicle to bring about togetherness and understanding, with an ability to reach people in ways that words alone cannot. "There's a lot happening in the world right now. We hope to create something special with other great musicians that moves people and can make them understand they CAN do something positive to make their lives and the world better."

Who: Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey will co-write the song, performing it along with a host of other artists.

What: A multi-genre coming together of musicians to create and produce a breakthrough song to create a sense of urgency that the time is now to step forward toward a renewal of spirit and commitment to action that makes our nation and world better.

When: The collaboration will be produced during the Grammy's this weekend.

Where: Various Los Angeles-based studios

Why: Americans across the country are committing themselves to solving the problems that face our nation and the world. Dedicated individuals across the country are raising their hands and contributing to solutions in their communities through voluntary action. It is time to bring our nation's leaders and corporations together with its youth, artists, entertainers and all people to reignite the fire of the American spirit of service and express our connection with all people in the world.

Source: PR Newswire

I was listening to my Mariah playlist in the car going to a mall today and Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) came on. After the song, my grandma asked me what the song was. Apparently, she liked it. -_- We ended up listening to that song till we got home. I didn't mind though. :asham:

I'mma be here night after night to

Feel your loving arms around me

Baby, baby, baby, baby

You make it all right

Sooooo good. :wub:

New Mariah Carey Songs! :excited:

Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 16-Feb-2011, 4:46PM EST

Five new Mariah Carey songs have recently been registered with the music copyright holding agency, Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI). The BMI repertoire database lists both Mariah Carey and William Edmund Young as songwriters in all five songs; with Mary J. Blige, Usher, MVP Sowestbred, and Tupac Shakur (a sampling perhaps) each credited in at least one song.

"I Don't Wanna Stop Loving You"

Songwriters: Mariah Carey, Usher Raymond, William Edmund Young

"I Got A Man"

Songwriters: Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, William Edmund Young

"Love Like This"

Songwriters: Mariah Carey, William Edmund Young

"Man Of The Hour"

Songwriters: Mariah Carey, MVP Sowestbred, William Edmund Young

"This Is For Real"

Songwriters: Mariah Carey, Tupac Shakur, William Edmund Young

We currently don't have much information about William Edmund Young other than he is affiliated with BMI with over 100 songs under his belt. He has worked on songs, either as a solo artist or a co-writer with Jermaine Dupri, Jay-Z, Usher, Bow Wow, Lil Wayne, etc.

I want em! -_- MOTH (:lol:) must be a reworking of Standing O, vice versa or something.

*random fact* Mariah has crossed more genres than many people realize... pop ("Touch My Body"), r&b/soul ("Bliss"), rap/hip-hop ("So Lonely"), dance/house ("Fly Away (Butterfly Reprise)"), funk ("Didn't Mean to Turn You On"), Latin ("Mi Todo"), freestyle ("Weakness of the Body"), Christmas/holiday ("All I Want for Christmas Is You"), gospel ("Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child"), rock ("You Need Me"), blues ("The Wind"), easy listening ("Hero"), and country ("Right to Dream"). :P^_^

*random fact* Mariah has crossed more genres than many people realize... pop ("Touch My Body"), r&b/soul ("Bliss"), rap/hip-hop ("So Lonely"), dance/house ("Fly Away (Butterfly Reprise)"), funk ("Didn't Mean to Turn You On"), Latin ("Mi Todo"), freestyle ("Weakness of the Body"), Christmas/holiday ("All I Want for Christmas Is You"), gospel ("Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child"), rock ("You Need Me"), blues ("The Wind"), easy listening ("Hero"), and country ("Right to Dream"). :P^_^

Prisoner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :coffee:

:asham:

Oop. >_< Uh... yup I knew it. :unsure: "Man of the Hour" was a giveaway! :P

Update: New "Mariah Carey" BMI-Registered Songs

We received a confirmation that Mariah is NOT, in any way, affiliated with the songs registered on BMI by a certain William Edmund Young. Since this is the case, we have decided to remove our earlier posts to avoid further confusion.

One may wonder how a reputable entity as BMI can get infiltrated by unscrupulous people wanting the dire attention, but it can happen. It happened. We learned from BMI's AVP of Corporate Communications Hanna Pantle, "Anyone can join BMI, it's free. After you join you can register your works." A certain William Edmund Young took advantage of the free membership and registered many songs including 9 (to date) bearing the name Mariah Carey as a co-writer. One registered song even has the title "Save The Day," a confirmed title of a Mariah-Jermaine Dupri collaborated charity song. According to Hanna, "we are investigating this and hope to have some news later this week."

Meanwhile, some real and exciting news today from Mariah herself on Twitter! "I start writing for my new album this week-but its just the beginning..: )"

Source: MariahDailyJournal

:excited: about the last part! New music on an almost yearly basis... it's great to be a lamb. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Mariah Carey to Return Gaddafi Family Fee

Add Mariah Carey to the roster of names that includes songstress Nelly Furtado who are returning their reported $1 million fees for performing for Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi’s family.

Gaddafi is currently being investigated for possible war crimes, including the ordering of the December 1988 bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing 270 people.

Carey, 41, in a statement to PEOPLE, said, "I was naïe and unaware of who I was booked to perform for. I feel horrible and embarrassed to have participated in this mess."

The singer continues, "Going forward, this is a lesson for all artist to learn from. We need to be more aware and take more responsibility regardless of who book our shows. Ultimately we as artists are to be held accountable."

Add's Carey's rep, Cindi Berger: "Mariah has and continues to donate time, money, and countless hours of personal service both here and abroad."

More than 1,000 Libyans have been killed in the North African country since they began challenging Gaddafi's 40-year rule in early February. The Obama Administration has called for the dictator to step down.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20470647,00.html

Go Mimi! ^_^ She really has a great conscience. :D