New single and Itunes

Shawn1814

I can understand the reasoning behind building hype for a song first without releasing it digitally, but nowadays, that usually doesn't work out as planned. You need to have your shit together from day one, or people will find a way to download it illegally. :filenails:

I remember when Hips Don't Lie by Shakira was held back from iTunes because the label wanted the album to sell more instead of just the one song. I think it worked out okay for them cuz it was such a massive single, but that wouldn't really work today.

yes... i agree with all of the above... same day or you might as well forget about success...

Brandy did that... released PID in April to radio and May 4th to iTunes... even tho it's a horrible song, people still downloaded it illegally

same with the 2nd single... i had that before it reached iTunes.. I'm not gonna waste money on what I already have

yes... i agree with all of the above... same day or you might as well forget about success...

Brandy did that... released PID in April to radio and May 4th to iTunes... even tho it's a horrible song, people still downloaded it illegally

same with the 2nd single... i had that before it reached iTunes.. I'm not gonna waste money on what I already have

Brandy keeping the girls pressed

oavhqr.gif

Leaked the song in April.

Didn't put it on iTunes until June.

Sept it went to #6 on Urban.

Oct and it's still rising #Bam

Brandy is the prime example... she leaked her song in April... everyone who wanted the horrid song had it by April... it was released to iTunes in June according to Craig... and now it's floating in the Top 100's 80 section with old songs and has yet to sell gold DIGITALLY... which is easier than making apple pie (ask Nicki Minaj)

Now flip it around to a successful artist:

Taylor Swift.. she released the same day.. and in less than an hour.. reached #1 on iTunes

Rihanna... released Diamonds.. an hour later zoomed up the iTunes chart

Brandy is the prime example... she leaked her song in April... everyone who wanted the horrid song had it by April... it was released to iTunes in June according to Craig... and now it's floating in the Top 100's 80 section with old songs and has yet to sell gold DIGITALLY... which is easier than making apple pie (ask Nicki Minaj)

Now flip it around to a successful artist:

Taylor Swift.. she released the same day.. and in less than an hour.. reached #1 on iTunes

Rihanna... released Diamonds.. an hour later zoomed up the iTunes chart

Hard to admit that Brandy s doing way better than you could imagine. (Really trying to compare Brandy to Rihanna and taylor Swift? lol... desperate much)

LMFAO I could see if she was top 20 on the Hot 100 but I could have predicted Top Ten on the Negro charts and Top 50 on Hot 100 but that's still unsuccessful... Maybe if she were a noob... Or old... But she's just plain irrelevant :lmao:

I'm sorry.. But success stories don't come to has-beans.. No one else to compare her to.. Kelly Rowland? No she's a flop.. Beyonce? Above her level... Oh well

in this day and age i say the same day, and the video should be released a week later, it's called CAPITALIZING!!!!!

Pretty much. I hardly ever listen to the radio, so if a song is not on itunes, I'll listen to it on youtube, and if it's good I'll but it when it comes out, but in most cases I'm tired of it after a few weeks.

LMFAO I could see if she was top 20 on the Hot 100 but I could have predicted Top Ten on the Negro charts and Top 50 on Hot 100 but that's still unsuccessful... Maybe if she were a noob... Or old... But she's just plain irrelevant :lmao:

I'm sorry.. But success stories don't come to has-beans.. No one else to compare her to.. Kelly Rowland? No she's a flop.. Beyonce? Above her level... Oh well

The song wasn't released to Pop stations so it will never chart that high on the Hot 100, but the song is doing great on the format that it was released. I don'tsee why that is so hard for you to comprehend. She's going after the urban market

Same day - WORLDWIDE!!! I'm sick of the American artists releasing in America first and then internationally a month or 5 later. If you want worldwide success then bring the product out everywhere at the same time - we're not living in a world where we can record songs from the radio on a cassette until the single comes out anymore. Anyone can get your song illegally at any time.

• Upvote 1