New MJ book by a Rolling Stone writer calls out Janet for "delaying" MJ's funeral

bu.

Michael Jackson's burial delayed for three months after Janet wanted her £25,000 plot deposit back

Details revealed in new biography by Rolling Stone writer Randall Sullivan

According to Sullivan, sister Janet put up deposit for burial spot but she refused to let the funeral take place until the money was repaid. Michael Jackson's burial was delayed for nearly three months due to wrangling between Janet Jackson and her brother's estate, it was reported today.

Details of the row are revealed in a new biography of the star by Rolling Stone writer Randall Sullivan.

According to Sullivan, Janet put up the $40,000 deposit at Forest Lawn to secure a spot for Michael but refused to let the funeral take place until the money was repaid.

The claims are made in an excerpt of the biography Untouchable and published in November's Vanity Fair.

Sullivan reports that Michael's mother Katherine Jackson also arrived that night and entered the house, where she telephoned Grace Rwaramba, the recently terminated longtime nanny to Michael's children.

The book says that according to Rwaramba, Katherine said: 'Grace, the children are crying. They are asking about you.

'They can't believe that their father died. Grace, you remember Michael used to hide cash at the house? I'm here. Where can it be?'

Rwaramba described Michael's standard practice of hiding his cash in black plastic garbage bags and under the carpets.

Talon describes seeing La Toya and her boyfriend loading black plastic garbage bags into duffel bags and placing them in the garage.

However, Vanity Fair reports, La Toya insists that nearly all of Michael's money was gone by the time she arrived at the Holmby Hills house.

The next morning, Janet Jackson arrived with a moving van and demanded to be admitted and few hours later, the truck exited through the front gate with Jeffre Phillips at the wheel.

Katherine Jackson and her daughters made it clear that they wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

'They camped out for most of a week,' Williams tells Sullivan, leaving and returning 'whenever they felt like it.'

Documents showed the family spent more than £22,000 on Jackson's burial outfit and usher costumes.

More than £2,000 was spent on framing a photograph of Jackson next to the casket, and £7,000 on invitations and programmes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212867/Michael-Jacksons-burial-delayed-months-Janet-wanted-25-000-plot-deposit-back.html#ixzz28O53MU1q

From the Estate

From the Estate Of Michael Jackson: Michael Jackson’s Wembley Concert is the No. 1 selling DVD in the world. Spike Lee’s Bad 25 documentary is drawing rave reviews from film critics and will air on ABC Thanksgiving night. Entertainment Weekly gave Bad 25 album an “A” calling it “a potent reminder of just how much Bad's pulsing pop holds up.” Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson the Immortal World Tour” was Pollstar’s top selling North American concert tour in the first six months of 2012, debuts this month in Europe and recently received Billboard’s Creative Content Award. And "This Is It" is the most successful concert film…EVER.

The world loves Michael Jackson. Rest assured that every action the Estate takes will continue to endeavor that fans experience exciting new projects that further build upon and enhance his incredible legacy as an artist and humanitarian, while securing the financial future of those he specifically named as his beneficiaries.

Sadly the full potential of Michael’s legacy continues to be hindered by a small handful of people who recklessly spread false rumors and obsess over stale, internet-fueled conspiracy theories much as they did when Michael was alive. These rumors have long since been debunked and have no legal or factual foundation. This week, some of these baseless theories appeared yet again in an article in Vanity Fair in the form of an excerpt from a book written by Randall Sullivan that will rehash these tired theories. While we do not want or need to respond to all of the nonsense, we do want to remind everyone of at least a few truths.

The suggestion that John Branca or Howard Weitzman have a conflict of interest when it comes to AEG, and for that reason did not join Katherine Jackson in suing AEG, is not only false but reckless and noticeably unsupported by any facts. The Estate chose not to join in the lawsuit because it saw no evidence that AEG was culpable in Michael's tragic passing. Eventually, should the case proceed to trial any decision on AEG’s liability will be decided by a jury. That said, the Executors are troubled by the unfortunate and distasteful information being brought out in those proceedings which could sully and damage Michael's reputation and our memory of him.

Another outrageously false claim is that Michael’s burial was delayed by any action of the Estate. As for the Will filed in the Probate Court, let's be clear: IT IS LEGALLY VALID, and the court properly appointed John Branca and John McClain as co-Executors. Those who wished to contest Michael’s wishes had every opportunity to challenge his Will. It should be noted that the 2002 will is consistent with Michael’s wishes as expressed in three prior wills.

Sitting in the cheap seats and perpetuating tired cloak and dagger theories as Mr. Sullivan has done is not journalism, it's gossip mongering for profit. Look no further than some of the sources Sullivan relied upon for much of the incorrect information he chose to include in this book. Our commitment is and always has been to Michael’s legacy, his beneficiaries, his fans and to the spirit of an extraordinary artist and humanitarian who continues to touch the world.

New Michael Jackson Book Looks Like Clip Job: Read Original Stories Here

The new Michael Jackson book excerpted in Vanity Fair looks like a clip job. As well, author Randall Sullivan seems to have depended on the most questionable of the Jackson so called “insiders” as his sources. They include Brian Oxman, who was never Michael’s lawyer, was fired by Tom Mesereau during the 2005 criminal case, and is now disbarred finally after many sanctions by the California Bar Association; Howard Mann, a Toronto online gaming entrepreneur who recently lost a major case to the Jackson estate; and Tohme Tohme, Michael’s short-lived manager currently being sued by the estate.

No one I’ve talked to associated with the Jackson estate, or the real “inner circle” has spoken to Sullivan. His book is being published by Grove Press, which sold the rights to Vanity Fair. The magazine can’t know that Sullivan’s sources are highly suspect, or that much of the material they’ve got from him comes other sources including this column. Sullivan never covered Jackson during his life, wasn’t around during his trial or its aftermath, but now pitches himself as an expert.

Sullivan also seems to be, at least in the Vanity Fair excerpt, on the side of the Will-doubters. This is the group that thinks Michael Jackson’s Will was forged or invented. I liken them to the Obama birthers.

Sullivan cites this column toward the end of his excerpt in the new Vanity Fair, but really–most of the stuff in this story comes from other places. It’s a clip job. I suspect his book will be much the same. Look for the fingerprints of other disgruntled ex-Jacksonians.

Anyway, here are some links to stories I wrote where Sullivan may have found inspiration:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/06/26/20090626michael-jacksons-last-will-was-completed-in-2002

http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/06/28/20090628jackson-family-where-theres-a-will-theres-a-way

http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/06/29/20090629michael-jackson-katherine-mom-custody-john-branca-legal-mistake

http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/06/26/20090626jacko-michael-jackson-will-beatles-sony-atv-lennon-mccartney-debt-400-million-neverland-mijac-aeg-tohm

Source: http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/10/04/new-michael-jackson-book-looks-like-clip-job-read-original-stories-here

The funeral was less than a month after his death though.

And anyone that has dkne business knows the deposit is returned after the service has been rendered. :umm:

The actual funeral (burial) was almost 3 months later...it was the memorial that took place within the month.

They're trying it saying it's Janets fault :rolleyes:. They couldn't bury him because of the damn investigation :rolleyes:

I wonder why the media is trying to come for Janet..

She's the most visible and famous target, if you're going to take sides, the media will side with the kids and try to paint the family as money hungry sack chasers. The problem with all of this is they use the one Jackson that will sale their propaganda, the problem there of course is the one Jackson that has money is the one they keep coming for. For a woman reportedly worth over 150million dollars how much do you think she cares about 40k? If it were for her brothers funeral? I think if anything it goes to show the other Jacksons are probably broke as hell cause they don't seem to front the bill on much, and that puts Janet in an awkward position she is the one they will turn to for this and that.

I'm glad she keeps her lawyers on them though. It's like back in the day when Oprah was being sued for what she said over beef by the cattle industry in Texas, some of Oprah's lawyers said you should just settle, someone smart told Oprah if you settle this, you open the door for every lawsuit coming your way for the rest of your life because "let's sue Oprah she will just settle"......same thing with Janet if she let all these defamatory statements go and doesn't act on them the idea will be planted that "we can try Janet and she will go sit down somewhere" ...Janet aint playing that bullshit, I happen to believe the estate is trying to defame her even if it is by feeding into the media bullshit, so Janet is standing her ground, rightfully so.

I'm online reading some of these reports, what I don't get is if the executors know the will is solid and there is nothing wrong, then why even bother defaming anyone? If the truth is on your side you can let the family steam as much as they want but if the will is valid there's nothing that can change that. Yet the executors are really trying to defame Janet over and over. I just hope she keeps on they ass.

I'm online reading some of these reports, what I don't get is if the executors know the will is solid and there is nothing wrong, then why even bother defaming anyone? If the truth is on your side you can let the family steam as much as they want but if the will is valid there's nothing that can change that. Yet the executors are really trying to defame Janet over and over. I just hope she keeps on they ass.

The executors have nothing to do with this :blink: This article/book/whatever attacked them, too. (Which is what the statement I posted is about). I seriously want to know why people say the Estate is behind this. There is no sense in it as far as I can see :umm: