Who did it better? The original or the cover?

JoeJoe

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• The Isley Brothers
    • Whitney Houston

Love Whitney, but this is one of those iconic songs that you always associate with the original artist. I didn't even know she'd recorded this song

Yeah I didn't know either til a few yrs ago when I was searching for it to download to my itunes and then I saw Whitney's name by it and I was like "wtf they got Whitney name here for?" so I decided to check it out and I was like ok Whitney did this shit lol

I love the original myself but Whitney definitely sang it better. I also think I like the smooth jazzy feel added to Whitney's version not to mention the emotion in her voice. It's kinda like Christina where you can feel the emotion and sincerity when she sings

• 1 month later...

One more question. Are some of y'all voting for the original just because you're goin' with the concept that the original is always better? :unsure:

I just simply prefer the original here. I love Whitney's versions of "I Will Always Love You" and "I'm Every Woman" more though.