Why Do PPL Write Nicki Minaj Off?!

Escapade

It's not his fault that he foresaw his epicness while in the womb. He made it is duty to get signed and he delivered :w00t::yahoo: . Deep down you know there is still a place for Usher in your collection :cheers:

No,I have REAL male sangers in that space. :lmao: Yo... call me when his epicness garners him some prestigious recognition ^_^

Crossing over is a good thing and that garners the right brag but bragging is bad karma. I agree with your last line

Crossing over is fine but she never would have sold out venues had she remained hip-hop. So to say "no female rapper" has done this or that is redundant because she's no longer just a female rapper. 'Super Bass' was her big break and I called it over a year ago that her second era would see a bigger push behind commercial songs. She acts like she's selling out arenas on the back of actual rap music.

• Upvote 1

Crossing over is fine but she never would have sold out venues had she remained hip-hop. So to say "no female rapper" has done this or that is redundant because she's no longer just a female rapper. 'Super Bass' was her big break and I called it over a year ago that her second era would see a bigger push behind commercial songs. She acts like she's selling out arenas on the back of actual rap music.

No.. But she still technically raps in SUPERBASS.. And all the time for that matter.. It's the chorus that she doesn't rap in usually.. And good for her for plowing a new way females can entertain the masses and grow outside the urban community

No.. But she still technically raps in SUPERBASS.. And all the time for that matter.. It's the chorus that she doesn't rap in usually.. And good for her for plowing a new way females can entertain the masses and grow outside the urban community

Technically she raps in ALL her songs, but there's a world of difference between 'Massive Attack' and 'Pound The Alarm'. She adapted to the trend of dance at the right time. She's not ploughing anything.

Nicki is doin' her thing period and Andy what do you mean she's not the first black woman to judge American Idol? If she wasn't who was? :unsure: Yes Nicki is also the first black female rapper to be as big of a success as she is internationally. Let the woman be who she is. Hell she's more known than Mary J. Blige. Tell me i'm lying. :filenails:

I find it weird how people sympathise with Usher for losing his EX-stepson but call Tameka the bitch when she's the one that lost her blood. Now THATS celebrity worship at it's worst.

Losing a child does not make you less crazy. However you are right, it is still a great loss.

MJ's death doesn't make me think of him as being any less of the enigma that he was.

If Gangnam Style is "rap" than surely......... *trails off*

:umm:

Lauryn was more of a singer than Rapper tho

This is true. I stand by Missy though. But Missy was very much successful before she became irrelevant. Non-urban people could probably name more Missy songs than Nicki and she has sales to back her shit up.

If what Nicki does is considered rap then that means Ke$ha and others are female rappers

no... not when they themselves don't consider themselves rappers :umm: quit reaching... everyone calls Nicki Minaj a rapper.. because she is... she does have crossover appeal because she "sings" in her songs' choruses... you all will deal

She's selling out arenas and shit because of her appeal.. both rapping & "singing" much like Drake... :coffee:

I love what Azealia said about her.

I don’t think Nicki necessarily opened the door for anyone else but herself. I think she’s doing a great job with what she’s doing. But I don’t think any of the current female rappers' success' are contingent upon anything Nicki Minaj did. It’s contingent upon our talents and creativity.

• Upvote 2