Why Do PPL Write Nicki Minaj Off?!

Escapade

This dumb bitch has some nerve. She really thinks she's God's gift to female rappers.

"People hear me talk sometimes and they think I’m trying to be cocky. No, I’m trying to be real. I’m trying to give facts. Me coming out and having and album that went number 1 in Japan, Australia, U.K, and the U.S.; name one female rapper that’s ever done it. You can’t. When I say things like that, I’m not discrediting anyone. Again I want to say I respect and love every female rapper that paved the way for me, okay, but I do think that people don’t respect the roads I’m now paving for others.

For instance, there has never been a black woman judging American Idol. That is the biggest TV show in America and a black woman has never been represented on the show, number one. That is the biggest TV show in America, and I don’t think people understand that.

I’m sitting here right now in my dressing room about to play to a sold out crowd at the 02 arena in Ireland. Name a female rapper that’s ever done it and I will give you $100,000.

There are certain things that I have to say because of the scrutiny that I get. For goodness sake I just did a Pepsi commercial. I did a multi-million dollar Pepsi campaign. Name one female rapper that’s done that. You can’t.

A lot of times within the black community, especially the older black women, they kinda just write me off. And I think it’s important for you to look at the companies that I’ve done business with and realize that every time I do a campaign and it’s a successful campaign, we show mainstream America that black women can sell a product and that black women are influential and that we can have our own people support something that we support. And so that’s what I want black women to understand. I’m not asking you to love everything I do. But I’m asking you to keep it real with yourself and really see exactly what I have been doing. It’s very important that they realize these things weren’t really being done like this before Nicki Minaj."

tumblr_m6jgvpoaYK1qjnw5jo1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

LOL @ a female rapper selling out the 02. I'm sure it has nothing to do with her crossing over so far that she's actually now a female pop star who raps. It's interesting she says she's not being cocky, just stating facts. But stating those facts is what makes her sound cocky. Let your accomplishments speak for you.

And she's never had a No. 1 album in Australia.

LOL @ a female rapper selling out the 02. I'm sure it has nothing to do with her crossing over so far that she's actually now a female pop star who raps. It's interesting she says she's not being cocky, just stating facts. But stating those facts is what makes her sound cocky. Let your accomplishments speak for you.

And she's never had a No. 1 album in Australia.

Crossing over is a good thing and that garners the right brag but bragging is bad karma. I agree with your last line

I still have a like/dislike "relationship" when it comes to Nicki. I can understand her stating the facts, but sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut...not all the time, just sometimes. She needs to realize she's not the first black woman to endorse products since that's what it seems like she's trying to say.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't really call her a rapper, she sings on most of the songs she releases which is why she's able to fill arenas. If she was solely rapping then it's doubtful she would be able to.

she does both singing and rapping on most her songs... period... 90% of her songs she's singing.. but 100% of her songs... she raps in them... she doesn't have one song I can think of that she's solely singing all the time..

stop trying to discredit her rapping side... it's there 100% of the time...

People are mean to Nicki because she's an easy target, especially with her image and some of her lyrical content. She comes off as self-centered and arrogant to some.

Some are just plain jealous of her success or need someone to talk about negatively.

I personally like some of her music and I'm glad to see this girl from Trinidad & Tobago go international...but sometimes I'd wish she'd make better choices with her words, music, and wardrobe.

• Upvote 1

People are mean to Nicki because she's an easy target, especially with her image and some of her lyrical content. She comes off as self-centered and arrogant to some.

Some are just plain jealous of her success or need someone to talk about negatively.

I personally like some of her music and I'm glad to see this girl from Trinidad & Tobago go international...but sometimes I'd wish she'd make better choices with her words, music, and wardrobe.

Did you see the link I posted? She's a complete bitch. Some may call Mariah a diva but we've never seen her act like a psycotic bitch to her assistants.

Did you see the link I posted? She's a complete bitch. Some may call Mariah a diva but we've never seen her act like a psycotic bitch to her assistants.

Imagine if folks judged your personality based on a few videos they see of you. I understand judging more concrete things like her image and music. But you don't know her well enough to title her a bitch.

I know you're a stan and stans are more than likely delusional but are you gonna really sit here and dispute the fact that UHSER IS INDEED ...EGOTISTICAL?

Usher has lost a step son, as well as been at court hearings due to his crazy ass ex wife. That's why he barely promoted his latest album. His most recent behavior shows no signs of being "egotistical".

Usher's ego has only gotten out of line on four occasions.

A) Confessions Era (With reason to, the album was on point)

B ) Justin Timberlake comparison (With reason to, Usher is more talented)

C) MJ comparison (I agree he does the most :sigh: )

D) Superbowl (But who wouldnt be?)

Regardless... at the end of the day, Usher's ego is more justifiable than Niki Minaj's :umm: To put them in the same boat is unholy.

Usher has lost a step son, as well as been at court hearings due to his crazy ass ex wife. That's why he barely promoted his latest album. His most recent behavior shows no signs of being "egotistical".

Usher's ego has only gotten out of line on few occasions.

A) Confessions Era (With reason to, the album was on point)

B ) Justin Timberlake comparison (With reason to, Usher is more talented)

C) MJ comparison (I agree he does the most :sigh: )

Regardless... at the end of the day, Usher's ego is more justifiable than Niki Minaj's :umm: To put them in the same boat is unholy.

stop. The man has been having an ego since before he was even signed. :asham: After getting signed only heightened it. He's without a doubt one of the most egotistical artists in the game,period.

• Upvote 2

stop. The man has been having an ego since before he was even signed. :asham: After getting signed only heightened it. He's without a doubt one of the most egotistical artists in the game,period.

It's not his fault that he foresaw his epicness while in the womb. He made it is duty to get signed and he delivered :w00t::yahoo: . Deep down you know there is still a place for Usher in your collection :cheers: