The 12 Days Of Christmas - Janet Edition

Mr. Wonder

Sorry for the delay, I've been at work all day. -_-

On the third day of Christmas Janet gave to me, three collaborations with Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees.

"Diamonds" gave Janet her 7th consecutive top ten hit on the R&B charts. The old hag [Herb] didn't give Janet Hot 100 credit.

<_<

"Scream" remains the most expensive music video ever made, per Guinness Book of Records. The video began the futuristic theme, inspiring videos such as "No Scrubs", "Virtual Insanity", and "Shawty Get Loose".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m640-IdnmB8

No tid-bits. It's just a nice song (that most of you probably don't even listen to).

^_^

• Upvote 1

Janet reached those high notes in I know the truth! I would really like to hear Janet sings duet with a female one day. I always knew the Mariah thing would NEVER happen. When you've followed Janet you just KNOW there are some things she will never do, even if she gives her evasive "some day" or "id love to" answers. Another example would be touring with her brothers. Never gonna happen!

On the fourth day of Christmas, Janet gave to me, four sold out at the Tokyo Dome at the age of 23.

The first international shows were in Japan, where she sold out the Tokyo Dome (48,000 capacity) with four shows in seven minutes, creating the record for the fastest sell out in the history of the Tokyo Dome.

This alone shows how far ahead Janet was into her career at such a young age, and how big she, and the RN1814 album, was at the time. Selling out stadiums with her first tour. HEW else?

Two reviews from the show:

On the first day of Christmas, Janet should have given me, a fucking Rhythm Nation Tour DVD. :cry::cry::cry:

tumblr_m5dpp5bOFV1rpb0qd.gif

Who knows when we'll get them. She might release them as a complimentary with another project. Next year would be good timing for 20 years of janet.

YAASSS @ that gif! :excited:

That gif. Jesus. :asham:

No club worth their salt would play 'Whoops Now' because I'm pretty sure the purpose of a dance floor is to have people on it.

BIIIIIIITCH! :lmao:

:lmao:

I'd be on it twerking like I had chillen to feed.

ea2a4fdb.gif

Who knows when we'll get them. She might release them as a complimentary with another project. Next year would be good timing for 20 years of janet.

YAASSS @ that gif! :excited:

That means we'd be lucky to get only the Janet. Tour and I'm not here for that, at least not over Rhythm Nation. :umm:

The pink socks are working for me, yes?

On the fifth day of Christmas, Janet gave to me, five Grammys from the Recording Academy.

normal_Party_For_Janet_Jacksons_Sold_Out_Concert_Tour(5).jpg

1989 Best Music Video - Long Form Rhythm Nation 1814

1993 Best Rhythm & Blues Song That's The Way Love Goes

1995 Best Music Video, Short Form Scream

1997 Best Short Form Music Video Got 'Till It's Gone

2001 Best Dance Recording All For You

Unfortunately this tramp was never at the show to get them.

:umm:

That said, it should be noted that Janet is the first female recording artist of color to be nominated for a Producer of the Year Grammy.

^_^

I believe there could be one or two more Grammys for Janet in the future.

On the 6th day of Christmas, Janet gave to me, six #1 alberms dating back to the 80s.

janet-jackson-control.jpgrhythmnation1814.jpg

37233.gif51NgLXHqnJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

All-For-You.jpg001b0db9_medium.jpeg

Janet is in a three way tie for third place as the artist with the most #1 albums. Babs and Madonna have 8 and 7 respectively. What's most impressive about Janet's run is that she's had at least two #1 albums in three separate decades - a span of 22 years. If you count Control - Discipline, and included DOAD, Janet has 8 consecutive albums that have reached the top 3, 8 if you just count studio albums. 6 of them [studio] have debuted in the top 2. Control and RN1814 opened at #84 and #28 respectively.

It should also be noticed that Control - janet. were on the charts for 104-106 weeks. Control spent 27 non-consecutive weeks in the top 10, RN1814 - 32, and janet. 34. Control - AFY made Janet the first female artist to have 5 back-to-back #1s albums, something not even her peers have achieved.

I can't fuckin believe 3 of those 5 are for VIDEOS, like thats all kinds of fucked up for RN, janet., &TVR. But what's done is done

the Grammy people were mostly old who voted they wanted to reward acts they thought would represent the cream of having a stick up their ass, so instead of Rhythm Nation being up for album of the year Quincy Jones "Back on the Block" won, Janet. was not even nominated nor was RN for album of the year. It was reported widely that the Janet. album was "slighted" to say the least, some music critics thought it was at least a shoe in for Album of the Year Nomination. AFY lost best vocal to Nelly Furtado sadly, but I never had faith the Grammys would ever say Janet could sing, they just wouldn't do it.

in 1991 Janet was up for Best Rock Vocal Performance female and lost to "Black Velvet" backstage while during the post win interview the act that recorded the song "Black Velvet" said and i quote because I remember all this no looking up needed, this was back from my stan days.... "we thought Jackson was going to win it but we see there's justice after all".......Alannah Myles the winner for Black Velvet never had another hit again.