Tyler, The Creator On 'The 20/20 Experience'

TwistedElegance™

You are soooo one sided when it comes to Usher. Some take every lil oppurtunity to pounce on Usher?. No one really speaks on him...he's not much of a topic these dayz and clearly you havent been in the JT thread...u wanna talk about unnecessarily pressed? Why are ppl runnin up and thru that thread ..coming up with excuses as to why JT's first wk is huge...like he's doin something wrong....now THATS whats unnecessary

YAAAAAS!!

Since when was it wrong for someone to sell a lot of records? The industry NEEDS the sales. How petty of them.

• Upvote 1

A) Who is Tyler again?

B ) Will we see this Tyler person in 10 years?

C) JT is having his moment due to the fact he's the only white male "RnB" pop singer out at the moment. It's the main factor as to why they were so quick to promote Bieber in his absence.

D) There's nothing wrong with house/electro music. The "black people don't listen to house/rock/country" mentality is so tired at this point. After all we helped create each of those genres. Why downplay Usher's crossover success? Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, and, Lil Wayne do it all the time. The real question is why is the RnB scene such a flop? And why does it take a white man to bring it back?

• Upvote 1

I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with EDM either. I love how it can help you just forget about your problems. I just don't think Usher's stuff is very good and demonstrated that he doesn't have much artistic integrity.

What JT is doing ain't anything inventive or groundbreaking, but with his high anticipation and actually not following the crowd, Justin is seen more as a music savior atm. As the quality of mainstream music seems to nosedive over the years, it makes it more easier for JT to the set the standard.

Let's face it. The number don't lie. JT's back and might take this year by storm.

• Upvote 2

I am not exaggerating at all when i say I thought he was a blogger or comedian or something.......had NO clue he was a musician... Like I've seen the "Yonkers" video but again....thought it was a comedy thing.

Tyler loves to just joke around, he isn't after massive success he just wants to do his thing that's why Wolf has the cover it has.

Frank Ocean started and was brought to the light BY Tyler and they still do tracks together here and there

Now saying "who is Tyler" (not you btw) just to get a ki or even trying to dismiss his opinion just shows ppls ignorance, even if Tyler himself was a nobody he still has every right to say whatever he wants to say just like we do here all the time. The problem that some have here is that Tyler is right, Flusher's lastest efforts are desperate attempts at trying to get back some relevance. He had good songs on the last album but chose to go with the generic rote to get a hit.His last album was solid at best but that's it.

Jt's album is overrated and is far from being amazing but it's still better than Flusher's latest (which doesn't say much tbh)

Now back to Tyler

A masterpiece. and Bimmer will be one as well

• Upvote 2

Tyler loves to just joke around, he isn't after massive success he just wants to do his thing that's why Wolf has the cover it has.

Frank Ocean started and was brought to the light BY Tyler and they still do tracks together here and there

Now saying "who is Tyler" (not you btw) just to get a ki or even trying to dismiss his opinion just shows ppls ignorance, even if Tyler himself was a nobody he still has every right to say whatever he wants to say just like we all do here all the time. The problem that some have here is that Tyler is right, Flusher's last efforts are desperate attempts at trying to get back some relevance. He had good songs on the last album but chose to go with the generic rote to get a hit.His last album was solid at best but that's it.

Jt's album is overrated and is far from being amazing but it's still better than Flusher's latest

BlessmasoulwitdatTRUTH_zps99020b42.gif

Now saying "who is Tyler" (not you btw) just to get a ki or even trying to dismiss his opinion just shows ppls ignorance, even if Tyler himself was a nobody he still has every right to say whatever he wants to say just like we all do here all the time. The problem that some have here is that Tyler is right, Flusher's last efforts are desperate attempts at trying to get back some relevance. He had good songs on the last album but chose to go with the generic rote to get a hit.His last album was solid at best but that's it.

Jt's album is overrated and is far from being amazing but it's still better than Flusher's latest (which doesn't say much tbh)

Now back to Tyler

A masterpiece. and Bimmer will be one as well

LOL Ok I'll give him a active listen, seeing good reviews, and I did like the video I saw he did.....I just didn't know if he was a real musician or a "Rebecca Black" type , just makin youtube music videos.

LOL Ok I'll give him a active listen, seeing good reviews, and I did like the video I saw he did.....I just didn't know if he was a real musician or a "Rebecca Black" type , just makin youtube music videos.

Oh no :lol: he is far from being a Rebecca Black type of youtube celebrity, he is just a really goofy person :lol: As much as i hate using the word he is just a hipster type of artist like say Azealia Banks but with less mainstream appeal and hype.

Check out Bimmer snippett as well :wub:

Don't get his Goblin EP because it's really not as great as the track She is and it really isn't for everyone :lol:

Not to discredit Tyler's statements, I just honestly don't know who he is.

But back to the Pharaoh of Pop, Usher continues to break cultural barriers.

I can't tell you how many times growing up I "wasn't supposed to listen to house or rock music" because those are "white genre's", even though the King Of Pop is a black man. I'm glad Nicki, Chris Brown, Usher, Jason Derulo, Lil Jon, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Rihanna, and many others are finding crossover success.

Yet if Eminem or Justin Timberlake put out an RnB song their seen as a godsend to the genre.

It also pleases me to see more black people coming out to the EDM events. 5-10 years ago I couldn't dare play a house inspired track at most urban clubs. At least Usher and Rihanna gives me a little more leeway to do so.

Not to discredit Tyler's statements, I just honestly don't know who he is.

But back to the Pharaoh of Pop, Usher continues to break cultural barriers.

I can't tell you how many times growing up I "wasn't supposed to listen to house or rock music" because those are "white genre's", even though the King Of Pop is a black man. I'm glad Nicki, Chris Brown, Usher, Jason Derulo, Lil Jon, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Rihanna, and many others are finding crossover success.

Yet if Eminem or Justin Timberlake put out an RnB song their seen as a godsend to the genre.

It also pleases me to see more black people coming out to the EDM events. 5-10 years ago I couldn't dare play a house inspired track at most urban clubs. At least Usher and Rihanna gives me a little more leeway to do so.

what.in.the.fuck? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The man only started doing other music to remain relevant,like others have already stated.Its not like he had some type of artistic epiphany. His natural "artistry" hasn't evoled that much and you can tell because his crossover shit sounds completely forced. Usher has always been a very cookie-cutter r&b artist who didnt venture out much like say a MJ or Janet. He wras forced to try things now due to his flop circumstances...it wasnt natural.

And you cant even box Rihanna in with the rest of that pack because she came out doing mutiple genres. That was in her as an artist str8 out the gate so she was bound to be a winner.

what.in.the.fuck? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The man only started doing other music to remain relevant,like others have already stated.Its not like he had some type of artistic epiphany. His natural "artistry" hasn't evoled that much and you can tell because his crossover shit sounds completely forced. Usher has always been a very cookie-cutter r&b artist who didnt venture out much like say a MJ or Janet. He wras forced to try things now due to his flop circumstances...it wasnt natural.

And you cant even box Rihanna in with the rest of that pack because she came out doing mutiple genres. That was in her as an artist str8 out the gate so she was bound to be a winner.

I think they're both the same. They both jump on whatever style of music is hot at the moment. Nothing innovative.

• Upvote 1

That's where I first discovered Frank. Then I went to play "Novacane" next and instantly became a fan. B)

Yes :lol: Tyler helped him a lot. they are still part of the same crew i think.

And we are not the "musician" ones over here... Like. .. Why even bother

This is where Im getting confused at with this board. Now hasnt everyone on here pretty much been saying how r&b music is dead and all that shit but then ya'll wanna say JT jumped on the R&B train becuz its hott right now? Im confused

:lmao: R&B is not hott right now :lmao: that's where they're wrong

and Justin started the damn train if it is hot right now..

I'm not talking about JT lol I'm talking about Usher and Rihanna. I'm actually glad JT didn't hop on the bandwagon. Bey didn't either with 4.

But Usher has been str8 up r&b for years, he's only recently started trying that crossover shit whereas Rihanna never was deep rooted in any specific genre. She has always done it all,really. They are totally two diff artist...shes far more diverse than he is and most artist for that matter. I wont say that Rihanna follow trends...If anything wherever she goes other artists follow.Shes ahead of the trend imo. Everything she touches turns to gold.

:lmao: R&B is not hott right now :lmao: that's where they're wrong

and Justin started the damn train if it is hot right now..

They are contradicting themselves...they were just saying "JT's is not bringing r&b back with that Suit & Tie shit" but then turn around and say "oh,well he's only doin good becuz he's do whats hott right now"

Makes absolutely no sense. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Upvote 1