The Official Robin Thicke Thread

HollyHood

Can you please back up your claims with links or quotes from Robin.. Just so I know you're not pulling this "he doesn't care" speak know this album is dedicated to his wife and all but he has record executives to please.. And you're kinda speaking for him but idk

Tour? When?! :asham:

I give up.

No links because he hasn't done any interviews about this era. I just know how he opperates, and his pressence this era is backing up everything I said, this album is not about sales to him, and fuck the executives, he spoke out last era he wasn't happy how they handled the singles last era so maybe this is a fuck you to them for that. His actions this era are doing all the speaking.

She had her 1 and only headline tour in 07.

NewYORK.gif

(Pretending it matters if they chose the wrong singles or not since any single he would have released would have flopped) that may be true but if he rebelling against his label, it won't end well... Labels usually win

Yeah except whether they would've or not they still should've been his choice.

:lol: talk about being an egomaniac

According to him he's always been able to pick his singles (even making BL the debut) but because of it's success the label took over and released songs he didn't intend to as singles. So I don't think that has much to do with ego as much as it does being a hands on artist like he's always been.

The video, WOW, the texts. He's joked about in interviews for years Paula doesn't like how much he drinks and smokes weed and he said once back in the Love After War days that was the cause for alot of their "wars". I can't predict if she'll come back or not, we don't know thier business like that, but I do hope she does, I liked them together, they kinda even'd each other out personality wise, he's always so cool and calm and laid back and she was always so bubbly and excited and happy. But alas that's the mask of their images

He smokes? :umm:

Well this just change my world :umm:

YES he got songs that talk about that lol. He loves his weed.

Paula is always stoned. I've met her twice and both times I thought she was in another galaxy.

I can soo believe that lol. 

In my mind I think maybe she matured after she had their kid like probably herself indulged less in substances and wanted him to too.

Ooooh interesting. There's nothing better than an artist who smokes

LOL yea with him, I wasn't surprised his pre-polished look & album SCREAMMMMED stoner...that can sang lol, well to me anyway on the album part, but the look said it to everyone.

robinthickegetyoualone.jpgrobin-thicke.jpg

Paula - Robin Thicke - 6/10

The song starts off pretty damn good then, like his career, goes black, picks up with one song, then dies again. Join Robin down a journey of what not to do on your break-up album.

You're My Fantasy - A good album opening despite the instrumentals sounding as if you're riding an elevator or waiting in a dentist office waiting room. - 6/10

Get Her Back - Great single despite it not appearing on Billboard Hot 100 - 9/10

Still Madly Crazy - A song featuring a beautiful piano instrumental, which happens to be one of my favorite instrument. Lyrically strong.. Vocals are exceptional -  7/10

Lock The Door - A strong song with a great arrangements... I'm sure his... err.. fans will love this song. Accompanied by a female vocalist, "I don't know what this is but this ain't love" provides a powerful addition to this song. Corny ending though but def a song worth revisiting  - 8/10

Whatever I Want - A song about single-empowerment, freedom... It's like the Single Life Anthem. Funky little groove - 7/10

Living In New York City - An album filler... James Brown-esque.. A throwback.. I'm not a fan of throwbacks - 5/10

Love Can Grow Back - "Ya know cigarettes are bad for you baby... So Am I", is my favorite lyric from this song. This song is giving me that throwback feel to it. Saxophone heavy song, brings out the best of his vocals - 6.5/10

Black Tar Cloud - A lot of reviews described this song as "Tiger Woods" inspired but this song stands on it's own. Robin did a great job telling a story on this song. Again, a... err.. fan favorite for sure - 8/10

Little Too Late - The instrumentals sounds dated more than anything. Probably the weakest song on the album. - 5/10

Tippy Toes - Very corny 60s inspired dance track - 4/10

Something Bad - Same as Tippy Toes without the dancing - 4/10

The Opposite Side of Me - Still stuck on this 60s vibe that the last 5-6 songs has, it's gets old at this point. This song has potential if produced by a modern producer. He dropped the ball on this song however the lyrics boosted the score - 6/10

Time of Your Life - Frank Sintra-esque song but I'm not a fan of this 60s theme album filler - 4/10

Forever Love - Finally, back to this century. Sounds like something a 20-year-old would write for his college break up and sing it on the lawn outside her dorm room window - 5/10

I really wanna hear this album. I haven't liked a full album by him since TEORT

#askthicke on Twitter :lmao:

an R.Kelly size MESS. WTF were they thinking? Twitter is troll heaven like, even if Jesus logged there he would be trolled. 

I will be highly pissed off at both parties if this break-up was all a charades for album sales.

Judging by the sales prediction, it's not working. The reaction to the album and it's premise is overwhelmingly negative.

• Upvote 1