The Official Robin Thicke Thread

HollyHood

Ok let me know what he said word for word after you've seen them ;)

I don't think I was. I can't remember tbh. I'm like Janet - I forget what songs are on which albums -_-

Exactly - they crooned therefore they didn't copy because they've already did it. You don't have to do something the same all the time. I don't see it. Let's not with Usher though - I caint with him.

I disagree too. Let's just leave it. I don't want anymore hair

5jwe47.jpg

Willdo, he's a great interviewer (probably a PR's nightmare) because he just lays it alllll out lol, well he can be coi & respectful as pointed out, even when most of the times the interviewers were throwing SERIOUS shade at Justin that Robin does exclude himself from, like tho he's never said whther or not he was a fan, he's been respectful, but about all his details in particular I mean he lets it all out (like that he didn't want Give It 2 U to be a single but the label did, he wanted For The Rest Of My Life instead)

mmhmm this was during the time you were only making appearances at the beginning of the year lol.

My point is Robin has a signature sound with the way he does and intentional or not Justin did the same sound

But yea if you don't think he did thats your opinion & we'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree like the respectful sexy bitches grown ups we are

I get the whole Justin vs. Robin thing and at the end of the day I prefer Justin Timberlake, but I will say that Robin put his own swag in 'Blurred Lines'...yes its a Pharell beat and TI's rap verse is cute, but for me that song would not work if it wasn't for Robins voice and his coy enticement. He sells the song for me. Im sold. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Bu killed this page tho.. JIF had no examples except Suit &Tie for some reason bc it "sounds" like a RT song :lol: There's a joke in there somewhere

As for the general public comment... The GP isn't the internet community...

:lmao: What is this weird rule you have where "1" doesn't count? If I had 0 examples the page would've been killed, 1 example was all I needed.

And point remains he was asked about Justin stealing his style in every interview from the no names up to Howard Stern.

:lmao: What is this weird rule you have where "1" doesn't count? If I had 0 examples the page would've been killed, 1 example was all I needed.

And point remains he was asked about Justin stealing his style in every interview from the no names up to Howard Stern.

I think you need more than one example in order for you to say Justin stole RT's style and sound when it's literally the reverse (working with Pharrell and Timbo)

what did he say for the interviews bc I previously quoted something he repeated pages before this post.

I think you need more than one example in order for you to say Justin stole RT's style and sound when it's literally the reverse (working with Pharrell and Timbo)

what did he say for the interviews bc I previously quoted something he repeated pages before this post.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: LIES YOU TELL I LOVE IT, SO let me get this straight, copying a specific artists sound (for 1 or more songs) is not copying their sound, but using the same producers as another artist IS copying their sound? THAT IS SUCH A FAILED REACH OMG this man has you BOTHERED :lmao: Robin hasn't copied shit from Justin. THANK YOU for that laugh for REAL, that was great. But back to shitting on it, if thats considered "taking someones style" ( :lmao: ) then still why is it that it was overwhelmingly reported about and asked about to Robin that people think Justin stole from him, and why are you literally the only person saying "he stole his sound because he worked with producers he worked with" (tho he's been friends with Pharell longer, and his song with Tim don't sound like a Justin song, I mean it's bad but it could be worst).

In this interview he gives his diplomatic answer about both having the same inspirations, but then slided in "Maybe he listens to Robin Thicke too", #HeKnowsWhats Up :coffee: .

Robin put his own swag in 'Blurred Lines'...yes its a Pharell beat and TI's rap verse is cute, but for me that song would not work if it wasn't for Robins voice and his coy enticement. He sells the song for me. Im sold. :coffee:

All truth, it had to be a real male vocalist on that 1 with the impressive high & low range, and that whole signature style he brings to his songs (which is great to why this 1 blew up)

Blurred Lines banned at Edinburgh Students Union

Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines song has been banned from being played in any of the student union buildings at the University of Edinburgh.

The American's worldwide hit has been criticised for referring to non-consensual sex in some of the songs lyrics.

These include the main chorus lines, "I hate these blurred lines, I know you want it" and "must wanna get nasty".

The singer has dismissed accusations of lyrics about rape as "ridiculous".

He insisted in a magazine interview that he has "always respected women".

The ban falls in line with an Edinburgh University Students' Association (EUSA) policy, entitled "End Rape Culture and Lad Banter on Campus", to tackle "myths and stereotypes around sexual violence".

An extract from the policy argues that lad culture promoters, such as lads mag websites, "trivialize rape" and "cannot be allowed by our union".

EUSA vice president Kirsty Haigh said: "The decision to ban Blurred Lines from our venues has been taken as it promotes an unhealthy attitude towards sex and consent.

There is a "zero tolerance towards sexual harassment, a policy to end lad culture on campus and a safe space policy - all of which this song violates," she added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24071219

LOFL ah prudes, always funny

Anyway ROBIN EXCLUSIVE NEWS (as in JUST ANNOUNCED) BLURRED LINES 2014 U.S.TOUR!!!! WITH JESSIE J OPENING FOR HIM!!! YASSS If i decide to go then I get to see 2 great underated extremely talented artists! Oh & someone named "DJ Cassidy" too, I don't know dem.

My only thing is I wish (HOPE) he'd extend it overseas because this song (oops what am I saying it's now 2, SONGS) was not just a huge hit in the U.S. they're worldwide, this whole era is so I really hope he doesn't limit it, but I bet it's just America right now to see how the ticket & audience reception is here before he takes it everywhere.

Either way, his 1st headlining tour!

• Upvote 1

LOFL ah prudes, always funny

Anyway ROBIN EXCLUSIVE NEWS (as in JUST ANNOUNCED) BLURRED LINES 2014 U.S.TOUR!!!! WITH JESSIE J OPENING FOR HIM!!! YASSS If i decide to go then I get to see 2 great underated extremely talented artists! Oh & someone named "DJ Cassidy" too, I don't know dem.

My only thing is I wish (HOPE) he'd extend it overseas because this song (oops what am I saying it's now 2, SONGS) was not just a huge hit in the U.S. they're worldwide, this whole era is so I really hope he doesn't limit it, but I bet it's just America right now to see how the ticket & audience reception is here before he takes it everywhere.

Either way, his 1st headlining tour!

excited-amy-adams-in-cute-dress-reaction-gif.gif?w=490

He doesn't have a world wide appeal and you can't sell 50$ tickets if you can't sell a 1.29$ single

Is he doing high schools, parking lots, & winter dances like Ciara or is this gonna be a Kelly Rowland Tour where he announces it but does a flop show instead...

DianaAintWorthMaTime_-vi.gif

GAMES ANGER IS REALLL LOFL I LOVE IT

LOFL @ reaching with that Kelly & Toni refference, when's the last time either of them had a single do as well as his, or album for that matter.....soooo yea another fail on your part.

Back in reality the reaction seems to be great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Robin Thicke's first celeb crush? Janet Jackson

Robin Thicke and his actress wife Paula Patton have been together since they were teenagers, but that doesn't mean that other women haven't caught his eye.

In fact,
that his first celeb crush was the oh-so-crushable Janet Jackson back in the '90s.

"The video for
That's the Way Love Goes
, my friends and I would watch that and be like, Whoa," he says. "And En Vogue! One of the girls looks just like my wife."