New Mariah single, "Beautiful"

Unbreakable.

But he's not mainstream hot! He doesn't even have a top 10 single! I adore Miguel (no pun intended) but he's not that big right now. I think he will be very soon though!

I'm sure Mariah is going the R&B route again, Miguel is perfect for that right now.. He is currently one the most played male R&B singers out now.

Mariah's worked with even bigger artists during the 90s (Luther Vandross, Boyz II Men, Whitney, Usher), so a Miguel collab is hardly desperate if that's the implication lol

She nabbed Nicki before she blew up, Miguel could follow the same trajectory ^_^

That was my first exposure to Nicki too :lol:
  • Upvote 1

:wtf:

I see she is going the Madonna route and jumping on who ever is hot at the moment..

Miguel is hardly a gateway to the Top 10. And even if he were, I will never understand the criticism of artists (especially seasoned ones) collaborating with younger or "hotter" stars. It is called the music business after all. Things are tough out there.

Anyway, as with any new Mariah music, I can't wait to hear this.

:wtf:

I see she is going the Madonna route and jumping on who ever is hot at the moment..

boy please Mariah's been doin' that shit since the 90's. One of the reasons I don't care for her artistry. She's all about sales and not about doing music for the love of it.

Miguel is hardly a gateway to the Top 10. And even if he were, I will never understand the criticism of artists (especially seasoned ones) collaborating with younger or "hotter" stars. It is called the music business after all. Things are tough out there.

I was referring to Miguel in the R&B world.. I don't care about that paid for 10 ten..

Truer words have never been spoken. We're talking about the woman that started the trend of singers having rappers on their songs. Her having

ODB on her song back in 1995 was a huge risk. And that released a pure R&B album in 2009 when everyone wanted to have a glow stick up their ass. She's a legend and trend setter. I'll be waiting for everyone else to come out with their Miguel assisted single after hers.

She nabbed Nicki before she blew up, Miguel could follow the same trajectory ^_^

Nicki was already blowing up when Mariah snatched her up

Mariah's worked with even bigger artists during the 90s (Luther Vandross, Boyz II Men, Whitney, Usher), so a Miguel collab is hardly desperate if that's the implication lol

That was my first exposure to Nicki too :lol:

Yeah she's desperate. Back then she didn't need to use anybody to try to appeal to anybody. Now she does

Nicki was already blowing up when Mariah snatched her up

Yeah she's desperate. Back then she didn't need to use anybody to try to appeal to anybody. Now she does

Desperate for what? She's sold millions of records and has 18 #1 singles. But I thought you said she's been doing this since the 90's for success? Get it together.

lol and if MC was all about sales, she would have stayed in the safe adult contemporary bubble without working with the controversial ODB. Secondly her last non-holiday album was unmistakably R&B, and we all know this genre's popularity has been declining. While others jumped on the EDM bandwagon, she stayed true to the genre she's passionate about. :)

lol and if MC was all about sales, she would have stayed in the safe adult contemporary bubble without working with the controversial ODB. Secondly her last non-holiday album was unmistakably R&B, and we all know this genre's popularity has been declining. While others jumped on the EDM bandwagon, she stayed true to the genre she's passionate about. :)

!!!!!

"Triumphant" was r&b and that was released last summer. Mariah likes to collaborate and that's all there is to it.

Desperate for what? She's sold millions of records and has 18 #1 singles. But I thought you said she's been doing this since the 90's for success? Get it together.

IDK ask her why not me :) Oh yeah let's not act like no one noticed how Mariah would do a track for white people and then do the ghetto ass remix for the black people. Let's not go there cause i'm ready

I know we shouldnt go here when making a point, but how is Mariah using Miquel any different from Janet using Kanye West on Damita Jo? :blink:

Janet never released it to radio or as a single. Oh yeah Kanye wasn't even big yet. Janet worked with him before he even released his debut album :)