New Mariah single, "Beautiful"

Unbreakable.

IDK ask her why not me :) Oh yeah let's not act like no one noticed how Mariah would do a track for white people and then do the ghetto ass remix for the black people. Let's not go there cause i'm ready

Janet never released it to radio or as a single. Oh yeah Kanye wasn't even big yet. Janet worked with him before he even released his debut album :)

GOODBYE.

..................Im just ready for this actual song, don't care about the teaser don't care about Miguel (I like him, and his last album slayed so not to say I don't care about him & general), I just care about the song being HOT, Almost Home built me up after Triumphant (official version) let me down, I want this song to be everything! And personally that tease didn't give me slayage or a preperation to be let down...gave me a date, which I appreciate. I would love so hard for this album to slay everything in the last 10 yrs (I love EOM, but yall know I think the era's better than the album)

Oh yea and Janet & Whitney worked with rappers on remix singles before Mariah did.

GOODBYE.

:lol:

..................Im just ready for this actual song, don't care about the teaser don't care about Miguel (I like him, and his last album slayed so not to say I don't care about him & general), I just care about the song being HOT, Almost Home built me up after Triumphant (official version) let me down, I want this song to be everything! And personally that tease didn't give me slayage or a preperation to be let down...gave me a date, which I appreciate. I would love so hard for this album to slay everything in the last 10 yrs (I love EOM, but yall know I think the era's better than the album)

Oh yea and Janet & Whitney worked with rappers on remix singles before Mariah did.

:coffee:

Alright 1990

You Want This 1993

New Agenda 1993

Alright 1990

You Want This 1993

New Agenda 1993

Yea like I think Mariah's credit on that is/should be about being the 1st pop women to do that and the song go to #1 (Damn Alright for only going to #4), but yea like I've said before alot of her fans who don't know give her the credit for being the FIRST pop girl to do it when Janet & Whitney kicked that off.

boy please Mariah's been doin' that shit since the 90's. One of the reasons I don't care for her artistry. She's all about sales and not about doing music for the love of it.

Is that why she writes and produces most of her music? Let's not act like she's some type of industry puppet. If you follow her then you'll know her deep passion for music.

• Upvote 3

Yeah Mariah's wasn't the first (Earliest I know is Chaka Khan with Melle Mel), but her collaboration was very influential though and bridged the pop, R&B and hip-hop worlds.

Yeah we all know she wasn't the first, she just made it hugely popular along with MJB.

IDK ask her why not me :) Oh yeah let's not act like no one noticed how Mariah would do a track for white people and then do the ghetto ass remix for the black people. Let's not go there cause i'm ready

Janet never released it to radio or as a single. Oh yeah Kanye wasn't even big yet. Janet worked with him before he even released his debut album :)

Janet did it with Damita Jo :umm: JALW was pop... IWY was R&B

Kanye peaked in 2004 as a rapper/sales.. and worked with Jay-z, Beyonce, & A Keys before Janet

Yea like I think Mariah's credit on that is/should be about being the 1st pop women to do that and the song go to #1 (Damn Alright for only going to #4), but yea like I've said before alot of her fans who don't know give her the credit for being the FIRST pop girl to do it when Janet & Whitney kicked that off.

Alright was very pop

MC was the first to make it... popular... a standard... a genre

Yeah Mariah's wasn't the first (Earliest I know is Chaka Khan with Melle Mel), but her collaboration was very influential and bridged the pop, R&B and hip-hop worlds.

AHA!!! I Knew (as far as R&B artist) Janet & Whitney weren't 1st in that genre to cross rap over but I forgot if it was Chaka or Gladys or Aretha who did 1st . LOL You just saved me some digging lol

AHA!!! I Knew (as far as R&B artist) Janet & Whitney weren't 1st in that genre to cross rap over but I forgot if it was Chaka or Gladys or Aretha who did 1st . LOL You just saved me some digging lol

"I Feel For You" is my most favorite Chaka song (I know it's a Prince cover) In fact, I'ma go play it right now lol!

• Upvote 1

actually i have to agree with Shawn on the fact that Miguel is hot right now and that's why artist wanna snab him up...example beyonce, kelly clarkson said she'd like to work with him, and Brandy. He is the R&B go to guy right now

boy please Mariah's been doin' that shit since the 90's. One of the reasons I don't care for her artistry. She's all about sales and not about doing music for the love of it.

:mellow:

I was referring to Miguel in the R&B world.. I don't care about that paid for 10 ten..

Either way, the only reason there's a problem is because you're blatin and she's Mariah Carey.

Truer words have never been spoken. We're talking about the woman that started the trend of singers having rappers on their songs. Her having

ODB on her song back in 1995 was a huge risk. And that released a pure R&B album in 2009 when everyone wanted to have a glow stick up their ass. She's a legend and trend setter. I'll be waiting for everyone else to come out with their Miguel assisted single after hers.

:lmao: