Mariah delivers HILARIOUSLY sharp shade to Nicki on Idol!

jarrylf

I agree with Game on this one. Nicki is a very talented rapper. Don't let her stupid voices she does when rapping make you think otherwise. Y'all should hear some of her work before she became as big as she is and you'll have a different opinion. Does she get annoying? Yes but it still doesn't take away her talent. I don't see another female rapper that is coming for her wig/crown. She's solo with all these other male rappers out here and she's outselling them too. Other than Drake, Wayne, and Kanye who all of them has worked with her who else can come for her?

As you see.. no one said replied... they see no lies too -_-

JoeJoe would defend Satan, if it meant not giving Mariah credit. :lol:

It's not about giving her "credit"... it's about letting a young star.. rise without interference from grandMariah...

It wasn't that long ago that MC needed Nicki Minaj's star for her own single.. unfortunately, Nicki can't revive a shitty song

I love MC but let's not

It's a woman, and nobody is getting a juicy interview asking two questions. Nicki went public with her comments about Mariah, therefore any journalist has the right to expand on that.

wtlVSbA.png

Picking and choosing when to act like she's above such nonsense. FAIL.

Like I said the interviewer is just mad cause she ain't get a juicy story. Don't matter how many questions it was the questions that were asked that made the difference

yup :)

JoeJoe would defend Satan, if it meant not giving Mariah credit. :lol:

Nah Mariah gets credit but not in this case.

It's not about giving her "credit"... it's about letting a young star.. rise without interference from grandMariah...

It wasn't that long ago that MC needed Nicki Minaj's star for her own single.. unfortunately, Nicki can't revive a shitty song

I love MC but let's not

I'm a Nicki fan so "lets not". How is Mariah interfering exactly? :mellow: Nicki needed Mariah just as much if not more.

I'm a Nicki fan so "lets not". How is Mariah interfering exactly? :mellow: Nicki needed Mariah just as much if not more.

well not MC but her Lames..

:umm: because a #100 entry will boost a career to the masses.. lets not forget about those shitty lines in that horrid song... it's not even her her top 20 best flows... MC's people called Nicki for a reason.. no one benefits from a flop... lets not..

Salt-N-Pepa, Lil' Kim, Missy Elliott, and Lauryn Hill with her one album alone have all been there done that. In their heydays it was much more competitive, and none of them needed EDM for a hit.

And at least "Up Out My Face" made the Hot 100. Too bad I can't say the same for her real debut single "Massive Attack" lol

FMIveBeenSummoned-vi.gif Sorry I took so long to respond, busy day and you made alot to comeback to, lets do dis.

Nicki is very talented. How many rappers can actually obtain a crossover appeal? Zero

Her lyrics are very original.. :umm:

She's a rapper.. Not a pop sensation.. Just bc she makes pop music doesn't automatically gets her compared to a pop legend

FUTURE v. Usher!!!

Nicki talented? KampPBitchIdontSeeIt_zps8b6f0ad5.gif

Matter of opinion, her lyrics are original in that she writes them I suppose...and ok her speed is her talent....other than that.....she does a nice impression of LilKim/Missy/LeftEye.

Wasn't it not that long ago you were praising the fact that she does pop? Being a legitimate rapper doesnt seem as important to her as being a pop star. The proof in that is her massive release, promotion and response of her pop music & features

And thats also not a good comparison because Future is still very new and not even that successful or established, Nicki isn't nearly as successful as alot of her peers but she is successful, known and has multiple awards, The Future's 2nd album hasn't even come out. So no not a fair comparison. You have to compare the older more respected artist to a lessor that is also trying to compete for the same chart spots that the elder was, break it down, Mariah released pop songs, Nicki released pop songs. simple as that. The comparisons will never be fair on her end when it comes to more talented artists but they cans still be made.ESPECIALLY the #1's comment, the bitch released that many pop songs, and got that many pop top 10's, it's kinda pittiful not to have a pop #1, which is even a shock to me, I thought Superbass was, but alas...she don't and it is what it is.

Snatchedyawiggirl_zps04e1fb46.gif

• Upvote 1

well not MC but her Lames..

:umm: because a #100 entry will boost a career to the masses.. lets not forget about those shitty lines in that horrid song... it's not even her her top 20 best flows... MC's people called Nicki for a reason.. no one benefits from a flop... lets not..

It's the same thing the Barbz do.

Whatever the song did or didnt do is irrelevant. I'm speaking on Nicki's immature antics. The twitter rants are stupid.

Access Hollywood reporter Laura Saltman tells, American Idol: The Trouble With Nicki Minaj

For 11 seasons, “American Idol” reigned supreme on television but they have not been without their missteps – the Corey Clarke/Paula Abdul debacle, Ellen DeGeneres’ odd one season stint, Kara DioGuardi’s ouster from the show, allegations of phone line hacking and power voting.

However, nothing has quite rattled the show like the addition of judge Nicki Minaj for Season 12.

What started as an innocent PR move (likely released by someone within the “Idol” camp) to get some publicity for the aging show, the Mariah Carey/Nicki fight tape released during the auditions has instead turned into a nightmare for “Idol.” This misfire affected the entire season of the show, not because it was wrong to release it, but because the two women involved could never move past their anger toward one another.

The fact is, if Nicki and Mariah had kissed and made up, the whole thing would have blown over and the desired effect of the added publicity would have most likely made people interested in the show. Instead of moving on and having a great foursome, the tension between the two ladies drove a wedge between the entire judging panel and set up a season of uncomfortable, cringe-worthy moments.

Despite the fact that most of the time Nicki actually does give good critiques, the show didn’t’ need Nicki. Randy Jackson on the left side. Mariah in the middle. Keith Urban on the right side. That’s a panel that would have worked. Randy and Mariah have a long standing relationship and Keith is so kind-hearted, there would have been a good chemistry set up between the three. If “The Voice” has taught us anything, it’s that reality competition shows have evolved. Cutting people down isn’t what audiences are connecting to anymore. Nicki’s special brand of snark may no longer fit in the world of reality TV mentors.

Ever since Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe commented that the ratings decline certainly had to do with the lack of chemistry with the judges, the situation took a turn for the worse. Up until that point, the ladies simply ignored each other or rolled their eyes when they disagreed while the other talked. It was clear after Nigel’s comments came out, someone told the panel they needed to interact more. Another misfire.

Nicki and Mariah’s not-so-charming banter has included Nicki calling Mariah “sir” two weeks ago after a spat and Wednesday night referring to her as “Honey Boo Boo” as a final slam. For the record, Mariah never heard Nicki’s “sir” comment until after the show aired. When asked about it backstage, she wanted to respond but her publicist smartly told her not too. You see, Mariah is a professional who understands her reputation is everything. She has class. Nicki is another story.

In my 20 years in entertainment news, I have interviewed close to 5,000 celebrities — people who have bigger bragging rights than Nicki. Men and women who have Oscars , Grammys and Emmys. Yet, by far, she is the most ungracious of anyone I have met.

Each week, she comes backstage for interviews and we are told “two questions only” while her people hover over you and even, at times, have their hand on your arm as you end your interview to make you stop. Waiver from the two-question rule and Nicki herself will walk away. She makes zero eye contact and has no connection to whomever is interviewing her. If she likes your question, she may give you a proper answer. If she doesn’t, she may give you a dirty look and walk off. After she posted mean comments about Mariah on Twitter yesterday calling her “bitter” and “insecure,” I wanted to give her the opportunity to redeem herself or perhaps apologize. I phrased my question that her comments had caused quite a stir online and asked if she had anything to say about it. She looked at me and told me my question made no sense and when I tried to explain it further she just said “goodnight” and walked off in a huff.

In my 12 years covering “Idol,” I have never seen someone with such a disconnect to the media.

Mariah may have her quirks, but she is always very gracious in her answers and perfectly willing to poke fun at herself. Simon Cowell sure knows how to sling a good insult on stage, but backstage during his tenure with the show, he was always funny and charming. Randy is a master deflector when it comes to questions about any strife within the show but he will always give you an answer with a smile and a laugh. Even Paula Abdul — who had her share of controversial moments during her time on “Idol” — knew how to face the tough questions. Jennifer Lopez went through a divorce during her time on the show and started dating a much younger man, Casper Smart, yet managed to smartly massage her answers about her personal life so she answered them, but not really. That’s the mark of a true professional. In the world of celebrity, especially right now, this is part of the job. Poor Reese Witherspoon knows this all too well right now.

Nicki’s comments yesterday on Twitter show who she really is – a mean girl, a cyber-bully who is just perpetuating the problems of social media. When will society finally take a stand and say ‘Enough!’ with all of the hateful, spiteful things people say about each other? We are more connected than ever online but more willing to hide behind our anonymous avatars and be nasty to people we barely know. As a celebrity, I would hope that Nicki would understand her fans look to her as a role model and she should choose her words more wisely. From what I have seen of her behavior since “Idol” began, I’m not sure she is capable of this. She’s a female rapper who should be proud of her accomplishments as a woman not cutting other women down.

The truth is that 20 years from now, Mariah Carey will still be known as one of the best female vocalists of all time. Nicki Minaj – well, I will let you decide that.

http://www.accesshol...t_article_78973

2hfs7rp.jpg

Salt-N-Pepa, Lil' Kim, Missy Elliott, and Lauryn Hill with her one album alone have all been there done that. In their heydays it was much more competitive, and none of them needed EDM for a hit.

And at least "Up Out My Face" made the Hot 100. Too bad I can't say the same for her real debut single "Massive Attack" lol

Too bad this it wasn't 199#... In 2010, when MC career was about done... She calls Nicki to do a remix to an already crap song.

Wow one song! Bc ALL of MC's songs have made to the Hot 100

Your Love, her second single, made it to the top 15

Sorry I took so long to respond, busy day and you made alot to comeback to, lets do dis.

Nicki talented?

Matter of opinion, her lyrics are original in that she writes them I suppose...and ok her speed is her talent....other than that.....she does a nice impression of LilKim/Missy/LeftEye.

Wasn't it not that long ago you were praising the fact that she does pop? Being a legitimate rapper doesnt seem as important to her as being a pop star. The proof in that is her massive release, promotion and response of her pop music & features

And thats also not a good comparison because Future is still very new and not even that successful or established, Nicki isn't nearly as successful as alot of her peers but she is successful, known and has multiple awards, The Future's 2nd album hasn't even come out. So no not a fair comparison. You have to compare the older more respected artist to a lessor that is also trying to compete for the same chart spots that the elder was, break it down, Mariah released pop songs, Nicki released pop songs. simple as that. The comparisons will never be fair on her end when it comes to more talented artists but they cans still be made.ESPECIALLY the #1's comment, the bitch released that many pop songs, and got that many pop top 10's, it's kinda pittiful not to have a pop #1, which is even a shock to me, I thought Superbass was, but alas...she don't and it is what it is.

a nice impression of those women you named :umm: I love Missy... but I don't hear Missy when i'm listening to Nicki... I don't know who the other two you named... One's dead and the other is in a better place... I mean has a better face.

Her peers are Drake & Lil Wayne... She is the 3rd best new rapper in the game today... Her music is everywhere and she has two platinum albums

idk why you brought up Future :blink:

Nicki is a rapper who released pop songs... MC is an R&B vocalists who released pop songs... there's a difference... "POP" isn't a genre... it's a status mass appeal.

Taylor Swift is a country-thing who releases pop songs...

Maroon 5 is a alternative band who releases pop songs... you get where I'm going I hope...

Let's stop people... not everyone will go #1... JT didn't go #1 either this era... does that make him less than the King of Pop?! No... and let's not pretend that MC has had a #1 hit lately... or lets not pretend MC didn't sell her 90s singles at 90% off when necessary

It's the same thing the Barbz do.

Whatever the song did or didnt do is irrelevant. I'm speaking on Nicki's immature antics. The twitter rants are stupid.

I don't deal with stans... I deal with logic

I'm only here for the music.. not what goes on to boost ratings

a nice impression of those women you named :umm: I love Missy... but I don't hear Missy when i'm listening to Nicki... I don't know who the other two you named... One's dead and the other is in a better place... I mean has a better face.

Her peers are Drake & Lil Wayne... She is the 3rd best new rapper in the game today... Her music is everywhere and she has two platinum albums

Nicki is a rapper who released pop songs... MC is an R&B vocalists who released pop songs... there's a difference... "POP" isn't a genre... it's a status mass appeal.

Maroon 5 is a alternative band who releases pop songs... you get where I'm going I hope...

Let's stop people... not everyone will go #1... JT didn't go #1 either this era... does that make him less than the King of Pop?! No... and let's not pretend that MC has had a #1 hit lately... or lets not pretend MC didn't sell her 90s singles at 90% off when necessary

MadTVWhitneyYouBettaGetToRunnin_zps7440383f.gif

The Singing & rapping thing is the missy influence, the crazy voices is part missy & part Left Eye (and I'm sure others). And how can you know where the other 2 are if ya don't know them?

Lil Wayne & Drake have #1's on the pop charts tho...and Wayne isn't her peer, he's been in the industry over 10 years. She is as stricktly rap as Chris Brown, and as stricktly rap as Rihanna's strictly Reggae.

Because you compared Future to Usher........

Ahh no, both she & Mariah never stuck to 1 genre, ESPECIALLY pre 2005 Mariah, she's too eclectic to just be a R&B artist and the fact that her pop success heavily outweighs her R&B success says so. Nicki is not a solid real rapper, she's a rap pop artist, the bulk of her singles & features show that. And actually (I've been waiting for somoene to bring that pop music definition up again) it is a genre, it's a term used to describe basically soft rock (which does in fact make Maroon5 pop)

But Taylor Swift isn't a authentic real country artist, she's always been Country/Pop (like Miley Cyrus), and even she has a pop #1.

But it's so damn easy to go to #1 for any artist who makes pop music, for her to have that many top 10's and not isnt a good look for someone who's making pop music. JT is as much the king of pop as Bey is the Queen of pop, thats right that means he's not the king of anything. And let's not pretend MC actually NEED's a #1 hit, and lets stop pretending Nicki doesn't....or that she's a authentic rapper. MadTVWhitneyYeaIcanbeghettowhenIwantto_zps19a106ab.gif

• Upvote 1

If Nicki can dish it then she better be able to take it. Don't attack Mariah and call her sir, etc then get angry when she points out the fact that you don't have a number 1. Then don't get on Twitter the next day and call Mariah bitter because you matched her chart entries.

• Upvote 1

I don't deal with stans... I deal with logic

I'm only here for the music.. not what goes on to boost ratings

I agree Nicki is definitely in the Top 5 rappers out today. She's talented no denying that. The girl's a rapper which is what she does and she's selling albums and singles very well. Yes Mariah did jump to get her on that wack ass song. Mariah has always been an artist who will do anything to get a hit such as snatch up the hottest thing out. I'm glad Janet never did that shit. As light as Mariah is I can see right thru her ass and I have been for decades. Let another popular new artist come out and I bet Mariah does a song with them :coffee:

what has she really done this year?

During the time they came up with this list - March of last year- March 2013 Nicki has released Roman Reloaded AND The Re-Flop, not to mention she's been on plenty of features (Justin Bieber, Alicia Keys, David Guetta etc.). That's plenty of material for them to judge.

• Upvote 1

During the time they came up with this list - March of last year- March 2013 Nicki has released Roman Reloaded AND The Re-Flop, not to mention she's been on plenty of features (Justin Bieber, Alicia Keys, David Guetta etc.). That's plenty of material for them to judge.

Not to mention Nas, Kanye West, and Meek Mill made the list - and Nicki did more than all of them. I'll be the first to recognise her talent because I do think she has skills, but she's not as special as she used to be.

I don't see any women on that list :umm:

She made it the year before.

• Upvote 1

Too bad this it wasn't 199#... In 2010, when MC career was about done... She calls Nicki to do a remix to an already crap song.

Wow one song! Bc ALL of MC's songs have made to the Hot 100

Your Love, her second single, made it to the top 15

Random cutoff points in time make no difference. :lol: Mariah could get bubbling under singles for the rest of her career and she'll always remain a legend ~ anything else at this point is a bonus. Whether or not Nicki gets there one day became remains to be seen...

Exactly, just like the fun and witty UOMF was one song. :)

And "We Belong Together" spent 14 weeks at #1. (I can randomly pick songs out of the bag too :P)

• Upvote 1