Top 100 Artists in Billboard History

RedSimba

I remember watching an interview with Michael where he said he didn't coin the phrase. Fans would chant it outside his hotels wherever he would tour.

Ahhh..I always thought he coined the phrase himself..hence the self-proclaimed KOP that interviewers/media claim..

But he's indisputably the KOP.

I've always read that Michael coined himself the self-proclaimed "KOP"..

But I wouldn't be surprised if Elizabeth gave him the name.. :lmao: He's the only one who really deserved it...

I remember watching an interview with Michael where he said he didn't coin the phrase. Fans would chant it outside his hotels wherever he would tour.

He is the undiputed KOPtoh

Michael gave himself that name. Madonna never coined herself QOP. The media did..but the media also started calling other people QOP..which makes the title kinda meaningless.

Yes she did lol there's a video of her saying it on youtube

Wasn't it Ms Taylor that gave it him and they went with it?

I've always read that Michael coined himself the self-proclaimed "KOP"..

But I wouldn't be surprised if Elizabeth gave him the name.. :lmao: He's the only one who really deserved it...

Yeah Elizabeth Taylor coined the term. She called him the king of pop, rock, and soul. KOP just stuck LOL. I think it may have been at the Grammy's or AMA awards but it was def during the Bad Era. Idk why the media says "self proclaimed" lol. They must not have done their research.

• Upvote 1

Link?

It was a recent video, but I think she was being her normal tongue and cheek self. Truth be told, I don't get what all the fuss is about or why Janet fans care that she is called 'Queen of Pop'...when was it ever Janets agenda to be Queen of anything let alone Popular Music. I would give that title to Mariah or Madonna before I would give it to Janet. Janet never really overexposed herself or marketed her self in that manner.

It was a recent video, but I think she was being her normal tongue and cheek self. Truth be told, I don't get what all the fuss is about or why Janet fans care that she is called 'Queen of Pop'...when was it ever Janets agenda to be Queen of anything let alone Popular Music. I would give that title to Mariah or Madonna before I would give it to Janet. Janet never really overexposed herself or marketed her self in that manner.

Exactly..especially since she was always in the spotlight even as a child. I think that's why Janet likes to disappear between projects..she's so use to being a public figure that she doesn't care about attention, etc.

• Upvote 1

I don't care if Janet was referred as the QOP--regardless, she's a Goddess. That QOP title has been thrown around so much that it diminishes the title drastically. Madonna is the rightful owner, but it doesn't mean much when it's given to any girl that sees success.

making Janet the Queen of anything is like making her a mortal and we all know Janet is not of this world or this time or this space. Its really an insult to limit who she is to Queen. -_-
  • Upvote 1

making Janet the Queen of anything is like making her a mortal and we all know Janet is not of this world or this time or this space. Its really an insult to limit who she is to Queen. -_-

You betta preach. Janet is a Goddess..a queen dies..a Goddess lives forever. -_-

• Upvote 1

Exactly..especially since she was always in the spotlight even as a child. I think that's why Janet likes to disappear between projects..she's so use to being a public figure that she doesn't care about attention, etc.

RIGHT! Janet has been working since she was seven damn years old and these people have the nerve and audacity to put her on the same level as a Madonna or a Mariah. Da fuq. The only other person who could compete with Janet was her brother and the real gag is how she is higher on this list then he is but a select few want to focus on the bullshit of titles. BITCH BOO BYE!!!!
  • Upvote 1

RIGHT! Janet has been working since she was seven damn years old and these people have the nerve and audacity to put her on the same level as a Madonna or a Mariah. Da fuq. The only other person who could compete with Janet was her brother and the real gag is how she is higher on this list then he is but a select few want to focus on the bullshit of titles. BITCH BOO BYE!!!!

I see not one fucking lie! Her truest competition.

a3w.gif

• Upvote 1