Top 100 Artists in Billboard History

RedSimba

I've seen several comparison shots where Madonna has used similar costumes and ideas to Kylie and they make a very strong case, but we're discussing sound and Joe obviously doesn't have a clue what he's talking about there. It was a statement borne out of being pressed.

I remember Madonna wearing a Kylie shirt at the EMA's - that's not relevant though.

The only time I seem to remember sound being compared is with Kylies song WOW being called 'Holiday on steroids' and in that case it means Kylie is the one that 'took' from Madonna if anything.

I remember Madonna wearing a Kylie shirt at the EMA's - that's not relevant though.

The only time I seem to remember sound being compared is with Kylies song WOW being called 'Holiday on steroids' and in that case it means Kylie is the one that 'took' from Madonna if anything.

I believe Kylie has worn a Madonna shirt onstage, too. Speaking of Kylie, I hear she's rumoured to replace Jessie J on your version of The Voice.

I hadn't heard that before but I guess there is a likeness there. I honestly don't find a lot in common between Madonna and Kylie other than they're predominantly dance pop and both have longevity. They're two completely different artists.

I believe Kylie has worn a Madonna shirt onstage, too. Speaking of Kylie, I hear she's rumoured to replace Jessie J on your version of The Voice.

I hadn't heard that before but I guess there is a likeness there. I honestly don't find a lot in common between Madonna and Kylie other than they're predominantly dance pop and both have longevity. They're two completely different artists.

Oh really? That'll be interesting. Sadly The Voice isn't that popular here - last years winner didn't do well at all. There's something that's missing from it although the talent is so much more better than The X Factor.

Exactly. Very very different artists.

Oh really? That'll be interesting. Sadly The Voice isn't that popular here - last years winner didn't do well at all. There's something that's missing from it although the talent is so much more better than The X Factor.

Exactly. Very very different artists.

I haaate our version of The Voice. The talent is okay but the coaches piss me off and the whole thing is just terribly produced, right down to the editing. I much prefer The X-Factor.

I haaate our version of The Voice. The talent is okay but the coaches piss me off and the whole thing is just terribly produced, right down to the editing. I much prefer The X-Factor.

The only thing I don't like about the X Factor is that it can end up being more about the judges than the talent - but I guess that's what sells the show and to be honest seeing the judges bicker is entertaining :lol:. I'm not keen on The Voice - I barely watched the last series.

Madagascar has been "inspired" by Kylie's looks and themes for her shows, etc....

She's not the only lesser to steal from Kylie though...

#CatchThatShade

lol

If only the lesser girls could be original like the Empress/Queen of Pop Janet Jackson! :sigh:

*waits for actual examples*.

I'll say it for them since they are taking a hopeful stab in the dark.

The Confessions era is what gets compared to Kylie. There are side by side pictures of things Madonna did that Kylie had already done. It's also dance music and the entire era was very campy.

That's where the comparisons end. If you happen to be in the genre Madonna happens to be doing at that time, and you're fairly well known, comparisons will be made and Madonna will be accused of stealing. It's happened throughout her entire career from the very beginning. When she was just starting out she was said to have stolen her look from boy George and cyndi lauper, then Debbie Harry. It goes on and on the people she stole from. So when you put Kylie into that context, and see how actually not important the similarities are because Kylie did not originate them herself, you'll see the real underlying importance to Madonna's power. She will hijack your style, do it better, and then move on to the next.

And Madonna and Kylie are friends and have shown support to each other throughout the years. Madonna actually started her confessions tour with "I Feel Love". Which brings me to my next point, when you're fretting over this stealing stuff and the girls actually don't give a shit and freely borrow from each other, as artists do, the joke is really on you.

• Upvote 3

The Confessions era is what gets compared to Kylie. There are side by side pictures of things Madonna did that Kylie had already done. It's also dance music and the entire era was very campy.

That's where the comparisons end. If you happen to be in the genre Madonna happens to be doing at that time, and you're fairly well known, comparisons will be made and Madonna will be accused of stealing. It's happened throughout her entire career from the very beginning. When she was just starting out she was said to have stolen her look from boy George and cyndi lauper, then Debbie Harry. It goes on and on the people she stole from. So when you put Kylie into that context, and see how actually not important the similarities are because Kylie did not originate them herself, you'll see the real underlying importance to Madonna's power. She will hijack your style, do it better, and then move on to the next.

And Madonna and Kylie are friends and have shown support to each other throughout the years. Madonna actually started her confessions tour with "I Feel Love". Which brings me to my next point, when you're fretting over this stealing stuff and the girls actually don't give a shit and freely borrow from each other, as artists do, the joke is really on you.

Finally someone that actually KNOWS what they're typing about.

And that last part is a kii.

• Upvote 2

I actually like some of Kylie's music so this isn't a bash on her just how I see things:

I've always thought that Kylie never had significant success in the U.S. because she was scene as among the Madonna knock-offs that came and went in the 80s. Throughout the 80s and (at least) most of the 90s a lot of her image was so derivative of her, but by the end of the turn of the century Kylie started upend her on a creative level. As Madonna got a little stale, Kylie overtook her in creativity (00s Kylie is overrated to me musically) for the rest of the new millennium.

why is Beyonce so far down this list :whistle:

Because she's had more misses than hits

Because her greatest success came from her first album and she hasn't been as consistant since

Because the B-day era was destroyed when she tried to release every song as a single with a tacky TARGET commercial quality video, instead of actually letting the songs grow at radio.

because her ballads are boring.

because Riri sucks Jay-Z's dick better so he gives her better songs

because she's a song stealer with bad karma for all the writers she stole credits and royalties from

because her music really isn't that great

• Upvote 2

Because her greatest success came from her first album and she hasn't been as consistant since

Because the B-day era was destroyed when she tried to release every song as a single with a tacky TARGET commercial quality video, instead of actually letting the songs grow at radio.

because she's a song stealer with bad karma for all the writers she stole credits and royalties from

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22938-1372709449-28_zps85e3c751.gif

Where are the lies?

• Upvote 1

Letmecheckforlies-vi.gif

Why'd you have to be so honest and slay with truth so hard :cry:

• Upvote 2

This line alone shows how much shit you chat.

And since when does Madonna have a 'sound'? None of her albums sound the same :umm:. Have you even heard Kylie and Madonnas music?

boy ain't nobody got time for your shit and as you can see others have provided receipts for you and even mentioned that she jacks artists styles and moves on. Madonna caters to a European audience now anyway as she's been doing for years now. Enjoy :)

You can always count on Roc.

You started off so well.

Actually I feel the "more misses than hit's" part is a lil overrated because so have Janet, Michael, Mariah, Madonna, Prince, Aretha, Diana, Marvin, Usher, The Temptations, The Supremes & Boyz II Men (and those are just the acts who's discographies I know & have), but they still creamed Bey.

But it is a factor in the many others for sure.

Actually I feel the "more misses than hit's" part is a lil overrated because so have Janet, Michael, Mariah, Madonna, Prince, Aretha, Diana, Marvin, Usher, The Temptations, The Supremes & Boyz II Men (and those are just the acts who's discographies I know & have), but they still creamed Bey.

But it is a factor in the many others for sure.

nah I wouldn't add Janet in the mix cause she was blacklisted and had she not of been i'm sure she would have way more hits and even her flop albums probably would've went platinum or double platinum