In Your Opinion .....

janetDAYZ

I would say Jay-Z because he so main stream but everything he does is about how great he is, and that shit gets old. Now Kayne West, may not like every idea or thing he does, BUT he keeps it fresh, Kayne is very innovative. I wouldn't say Em he just went with this bad White boy thing that tapped into kids that wanted to rebel, but as for his standing, he's more "popular" than a solid breed rap hip hop artist, that title goes to people like Nas, and others that spit shit that's on their mind, I get the feeling Em does a lot to sell, some artists do what they do because its their art, not about sells, yet Em disses other industry artists that do the same thing but are pop artists, like Britney, Xtina, Nsync....dude you in it for sells too.

Kanye West. He changed not only hip-hop but the pop landscape. He's without question the most innovative male artist of the last decade. Eminem I love but just about all of his songs are interchangeable between albums.

And special mention to Missy Elliott. She too changed the way we experience hip-hop and R&B.

I would say Jay-Z because he so main stream but everything he does is about how great he is, and that shit gets old. Now Kayne West, may not like every idea or thing he does, BUT he keeps it fresh, Kayne is very innovative. I wouldn't say Em he just went with this bad White boy thing that tapped into kids that wanted to rebel, but as for his standing, he's more "popular" than a solid breed rap hip hop artist, that title goes to people like Nas, and others that spit shit that's on their mind, I get the feeling Em does a lot to sell, some artists do what they do because its their art, not about sells, yet Em disses other industry artists that do the same thing but are pop artists, like Britney, Xtina, Nsync....dude you in it for sells too.

I find Jay-Z incredibly boring. Respect where it's due but I will never understand the hype around that man or his title.

• Upvote 2

Kanye & Ofcourse Missy. Em's not that prolific he's got a ton going for him, that's 1 of them but

I'm sure Jay think he's the best lol. I'm with Matt, much respect to Jay, he's a vet, and I like his stuff, but I think if he werent calling himself the greatest, few others would be to, and I'm also just bored with everything he's done since 04, and I blame that squarely on Beyonce (I kid) his ego.

I stronglyyyyyyyy agree with the not seeing the JayZ hype. I've never seen it, don't wanna see it and will never see it. There's nothing innovative about him tho I do think he tries to bite off of Kanye's genius mind. I've realized he tried to push himself creatively even wit shit like his album covers. His shit be lookin like sum shit Kanye wuld do. Jay tries soooo hard to be prolific but no..you dnt have the mind of a "genius" ..urs is manufactured

• Upvote 2

The way the hip-hop heads in my family talk about that man, I always thought I was the only 1 who felt that way (most of us just described Jay) about him, that he's REALLY not that great, like he's really good I'll say but I don't think he desserves "hova" or this persona that he gave himself that he's just the best and running NY, I don't see it.

Jay's rapping is overrated is what we're saying (in our opinion). Kanye..lyrically moves me more than Jay ...Kanye's artistry period is so much more advanced than Jay. Jay has a nice flow but that's not impressive to me cuz its a gazillion rappers wit a nice flow but innovation? Genius presentation musically and visually? All rappers ain't doin it, can't do it.. and that's why Jay is a NO. I was never equating innovation to being the best rapper and/or most skillful cuz its a lot of rappers who have a sicker flow than Kanye. My thread question was solely about innovation ..which is why Jay's name being brought up was puzzling to begin wit.

And btw, Game...I've even seen you say Kanye is the most innovative rapper ..lets not make this an unnecessary debate becuz We're only agreeing with what has come out of your own mouth. so wut is there to debate? You like Jays rapping..I dont. You think Kanye is innovative, so do we. The end.