Lauryn Hill Shuts Atlanta DOWN!

trackboy

Oh my gosh. I just left the Lauryn Hill concert, first row, and when I tell you she brought the house down.

I've seen Erykah Badu at seven times, Janelle Monae about twenty-seven times, been to Janet Jackson, Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Kanye West, Diplo, Gnarls Barkley, The Roots, etc.. concerts and Lauryn Hill has wow, she has really like the only one who had me like thanking God for allowing me to witness something like that.

What was amazing, is that even before she came out, we did, what we do best in Atlanta, we partied, and we tore Center Stage down to some Down South classics as well as some few up north tunes and some west coast songs as well.

Lauryn came on around 12 as expected and started out with We'll Forever Be Loving Jah and that set the mood for the entire night as she shifted through her classic hits. Not present was all the horror Lauryn Hill stories that have been documented. Fans shouted we love you, she responded, "I love you back." She accepted gifts and said Thank You, I really appreciate it. She held my hand. One of the many moments we had at the concert.

My favorite has to be though when she looked me in my eye and she said, "Look at me, I found you! Look at you, you found me. And I know wasn't around, but you still found me." or Perhaps when I asked her to play How Many Mics, and she looked at me and said, "Oh, you know that one?!" as though shocked; and when I responded yeah, she said, "well sing along to it for me." Then she turned smiled at her band, and started, "I get mad frustrated when I rhyme."

My God, powerful stuff like I can't even process it all right now. It was exactly what I needed in my life right now.

I don't care how arrogant she is or how late she is for shows. Lauryn is the best female rapper that ever lived in addition to being an amazing singer and songwriter.

She is the quintessential artist. Point blank. She is reminiscent of Nina Simone, but not as daring.

Sounds wonderful !

Sandra rose was talking shit about her, say how people stormed out the Atlanta concert but if people are giving her gifts and from the pics I saw, they were thankful ... sounds like a great show

:lol: :lol: I thought Sandra Rose was in London? :unsure:

I can say that at 12 am when she walked calmly on the stage, there was a packed Atlanta crowd, that was cheering and screaming for her. Someone even passed out when they touched her. :lol:I'm sure as the night progressed, some people might have left for various reasons, there is still quite a bit of ice on the road from Atlanta's "State of Emergency" so I know my friend who I I saved seats for left early to beat traffic. It's also MLK weekend, which is a BIG party weekend here in Atlanta, so some people had other things on thier agenda's, and anyone who took the MARTA, our public transit there had to leave before a certain time because it was closed by the time the concert was over.

As far as booing, I didn't hear any. It was a very festive night thanks to the DJ playing a lot of great hits that had everyone from me, at 21, to an elderly women dancing in the center of the floor while we waited.

And the concert promoters, stated that the show would begin at 11 or so, and not 9 pm; so she wasn't very late.

:lol: :lol: I thought Sandra Rose was in London? :unsure:

I can say that at 12 am when she walked calmly on the stage, there was a packed Atlanta crowd, that was cheering and screaming for her. Someone even passed out when they touched her. :lol:I'm sure as the night progressed, some people might have left for various reasons, there is still quite a bit of ice on the road from Atlanta's "State of Emergency" so I know my friend who I I saved seats for left early to beat traffic. It's also MLK weekend, which is a BIG party weekend here in Atlanta, so some people had other things on thier agenda's, and anyone who took the MARTA, our public transit there had to leave before a certain time because it was closed by the time the concert was over.

As far as booing, I didn't hear any. It was a very festive night thanks to the DJ playing a lot of great hits that had everyone from me, at 21, to an elderly women dancing in the center of the floor while we waited.

And the concert promoters, stated that the show would begin at 11 or so, and not 9 pm; so she wasn't very late.

No, Sandra lives over there in the US ... she's from London though .. she's a hotmess I swear but her blog does crack me up ... Sandra always talks shit about lauryn anyway so i'm not suprised shes talking shit. I was never really much into lauryn but I can definatly see why people love her

I just read the Sandra Rose Review. :lol:

Lauryn did not say that she "was tired of playing the same music night after night." In her introduction to her music, she simply said, We are going to go throw some of the classics, but we've reworked them a bit to keep them fresh and exciting for us to keep performing over the years. Anyone who was a true Lauryn Hill fan, knows the songs, rather acapella, or different beat, I mean, when she kicks and says, "It's funny how money changes situations," what true fan doesn't recognize those lyrics? :blink: That's why she said, if you know the songs, then sing along.

This girl beside me had the audacity to tap me on the shoulder and ask me what was "How Many Mics"; mind you, whole time, shes blowing my ear drums out, "SING LAURYN." I'm like first of all bitch, she likes to be called Ms. Hill now. :lol:

There were people, I guess, who didn't go on Youtube and watch clips of her, or read reviews or whatever who were expecting a more Unplugged type of setting, but that's not Lauryn's fault; she didn't say, I'm going to come and perform my old material, just like I recorded, and just how you like it.

But it's so much media and profit behind tearing people down. Lauryn said, "You can get the money, you can get the power, but keep your eye on the final hour." And I'm not a gambling man, but I would put everything I own, that if Lauryn Hill would announce that she's coming back to Atlanta tomorrow to perform, she would SELL OUT once again.

No, Sandra lives over there in the US ... she's from London though .. she's a hotmess I swear but her blog does crack me up ... Sandra always talks shit about lauryn anyway so i'm not suprised shes talking shit. I was never really much into lauryn but I can definatly see why people love her

Sandra+Rose.jpg:mellow:

Archived