Do you guys have a fave Janet video director?

jarrylf

For me, NO contest, Dominic Sena, I JUST now learned he did Let's Wait A While, Pleasure Principle & Come Back To Me, if the RN movie & If werent enough to steal my vote for that, LWAW, TPP, & CBTM make it a Landslide, honestly.

He has this way of capturing beauty, not only for Janet (duh, too easy) but in his set ups, the tones, lighting and shadows, he can really make some beautiful shots like no other to me, and give it alot of depth and feeling. Actually I'm surprised he didn't do Twenty Foreplay, that fits his style too. But also I didn't know (according to Wikipedia) If is the last video he shot.......guess he could never top it lol. He's a director tho she worked with him alot, I'd like to know what he or they would've come up with for at least 1 video every era

Any fave directors you guys have?

Julien Temple. (Alright, WITOY) ..He's also did Whitney's "I'm Your Baby Tonight" too.

I would say he's my fav of Janets directors cause his videos are so "ALIVE" and they tell a story. I like the whole musical themed aspect that he brings to his projects. It makes it more than just a video

I too wish she used Herb a lil more other than 1 video, but for what they created it was great.

That's my fave thing about Julien too, the long shot format, and how much he captures very quickly, all the details.

My fave thing about Mark honestly is his beauty shots/close ups more than anything.

Same thing as Bu said about Rene', I feel like it'd be interesting to see what Rene' could've done that wasn't like that tho, but I guess that was what he did best or his signature style

I love Dave Meyers for his close ups and lighting, but I feel like we havent seen the best of what he can do with her yet

For me, NO contest, Dominic Sena, I JUST now learned he did Let's Wait A While, Pleasure Principle & Come Back To Me, if the RN movie & If werent enough to steal my vote for that, LWAW, TPP, & CBTM make it a Landslide, honestly.

He has this way of capturing beauty, not only for Janet (duh, too easy) but in his set ups, the tones, lighting and shadows, he can really make some beautiful shots like no other to me, and give it alot of depth and feeling. Actually I'm surprised he didn't do Twenty Foreplay, that fits his style too. But also I didn't know (according to Wikipedia) If is the last video he shot.......guess he could never top it lol. He's a director tho she worked with him alot, I'd like to know what he or they would've come up with for at least 1 video every era

Any fave directors you guys have?

Dominic Sena ~ I completely agree