How would you handle this?

Bailey

Eh, it's a position I've been in alot, I don't like it but it's needed and necisarry and every now & then I need it (rarely) and I can only hope someone will take care of me when I've over indulged, but with this case I wouldn't volunteer off the back unless it was down to the wire, then I'd jump in. And yea no matter how bad a drunk gets with me, I know Im helping in some way by keeping them away from the bar (whether they acknowledge or not). So I think you handled it fine personally.

you did the right thing. I had a similar situation when I took a road trip with my friend who has a drinking problem. She got pissy ass drunk and got into an argument with her boyfriend about his use of steroids and his premature ejaculation problem. Things got so intense that we had to pull over to the side of the road and I proceeded to read her ass about her substance abuse and the fact that she was acting like an alcoholic bitch which reminded me of my mother. It was a real heart to heart moment and I think I broke through to her....maybe you can do the same for your friend. He may not see it now, but he will appreciate what you did one day.

iesha_zps39c94f3f.jpg

• Upvote 4

I'm still of the opinion that you were wrong. You judged him by assuming he was going to make it all about him. Maybe you were right, but maybe he thought it would bring more attention to the cause, make it a bigger event.

He's a drinker. He is also your boss. You putting yourself in the place to manage his behaviour isn't smart.

So while everyone here pats you on the back saying well done you can bathe in the fuzzy feeling of being right. But clearly you don't really believe that or you wouldn't have posted.

I've always been honest with you. Maybe a bit brutal, but rarely have I given you incorrect advice.

Keep on managing his drunken behaviour and see where that gets you :)

• Upvote 1

I'm still of the opinion that you were wrong. You judged him by assuming he was going to make it all about him. Maybe you were right, but maybe he thought it would bring more attention to the cause, make it a bigger event.

He's a drinker. He is also your boss. You putting yourself in the place to manage his behaviour isn't smart.

So while everyone here pats you on the back saying well done you can bathe in the fuzzy feeling of being right. But clearly you don't really believe that or you wouldn't have posted.

I've always been honest with you. Maybe a bit brutal, but rarely have I given you incorrect advice.

I can't manage his behavior and I won't and I would be remiss to not acknowledge that it is a huge conflict of interest, since he is my boss. Having said that the only thing I can correct in your statement is he does make everything about himself, he lives for the attention, he makes everything about himself, because he doesn't get attention, he aint cute, so he's one of those that has to really go out his way to get attention otherwise he won't, I couldn't let him do that in front of our bosses, and I didn't, I've been informed to not sign up for anything else with him

I spot no lies :coffee:

you did the right thing. I had a similar situation when I took a road trip with my friend who has a drinking problem. She got pissy ass drunk and got into an argument with her boyfriend about his use of steroids and his premature ejaculation problem. Things got so intense that we had to pull over to the side of the road and I proceeded to read her ass about her substance abuse and the fact that she was acting like an alcoholic bitch which reminded me of my mother. It was a real heart to heart moment and I think I broke through to her....maybe you can do the same for your friend. He may not see it now, but he will appreciate what you did one day.

iesha_zps39c94f3f.jpg

the insanity lives :lmao:

iesha_zps39c94f3f.jpg

lol i'm trying not to laugh at the gif but the steroids and premature ejaculation...um he got problems. :umm: IDK why he cums so fast. I thought if you had sex a lot then you'd last longer

Honestly... I'd donate to the cause but not go to the event >_<. I say that because I'm genuinely not a social event kind of person. I hate social events. I even hated my own brothers wedding.

I think you handled the situation well though. It's good to be the Good Samaritan ^_^. But if I had been in your shoes id approach him about the alcohol issue beforehand and say "if you're gonna fuck up don't show up".

• Upvote 2

Really? You'd say that to your boss?

what are referring to? Oh I think you mean Bu.....we have another gay guy we work with and he told me basically that when they did go out our boss was a fucking mess flirting and hanging on ....and that really put people off, but he was so drunk he aint know :filenails: