Janet Jackson to be in the June issue of Marie Claire UK

I found this on Twitter and based off the page it says something about her putting family tragedy behind her and two divorces behind her to craft a comeback album.... I'm not sure if Janet did an official interview with her or if its just her life story being chronicled. Either way we'll just have to sit tight until the issue is released. Either way I'm feeling exciting times are approaching!

Janet Jackson in crop tops & stonewashed denim; read her story in the June issue of @marieclaireuk #JanetJackson pic.twitter.com/r3DJonaPWt

— Kelly Preedy (@kellypreedy)

May 4, 2014

Bmyu9JTIcAAB_3E.jpg

This was an in my opinion a very well written article. I sometimes hate that they have to throw Michael's name in there every damn time. Its like Janet can't be mentioned without Michael's name being mentioned. She's accomplished so much on her own that she doesn't need for Michael's name to be brought up in all of her interviews and articles about her. I had never heard about her advisors telling her not to go to a lot of Michael's court dates. But then again it makes sense seeing that America was still pissed at her for the WM. 2004 and 2005 were some rough years for Janet and Michael. Although I don't recall the media going in on Janet for her plastic surgery. They mostly save that for Mj and Latoya. I'm kinda surprised that Marie Claire UK did this piece, because I always felt that folks in the UK never gave Janet props like that.

• Upvote 1

There is no album news cuz Janet ain't releasing shit this yr. You all can keep wishing upon a star if you want to.

Yep! I agree with you. For some reason I just don't think Janet wants to do music anymore. Especially since she really doesn't have to at this point. She has money, dick, and food! Can't say I blame her either with the state of the music business being what it is.

• Upvote 1

Yep! I agree with you. For some reason I just don't think Janet wants to do music anymore. Especially since she really doesn't have to at this point. She has money, dick, and food! Can't say I blame her either with the state of the music business being what it is.

So she was lying when she said she was last year? And those pics with her in the studio were fake?

"News coming soon" is kind of something :umm:

I have hope -_-

Probably his album news...not necessarily a new album from Janet.

So she was lying when she said she wasast year? And those pics with her in the studio were fake?

Did it come from her mouth though? I thought it was producers talking about it? Once upon a time we were lead to believe (can't remember how) that the last tour was going to be on Vevo - there's nothing there yet. She probably has recorded music...but it's possible she lost interest. It's just a waiting game right now. I want new music so badly though. I have hope.

Probably his album news...not necessarily a new album from Janet.

Did it come from her mouth though? I thought it was producers talking about it? Once upon a time we were lead to believe (can't remember how) that the last tour was going to be on Vevo - there's nothing there yet. She probably has recorded music...but it's possible she lost interest. It's just a waiting game right now. I want new music so badly though. I have hope.

Billboard interviewed her apparently for the Janet anniversary and she said she was in the beginning stages. And a few months later we got those studio photos.

• Upvote 1

Janet can release a billion and two photos of her being in the studio..or working on something ..thats not a guarantee of anything. How many yrs have we heard "Janet's coming soon" .. I would think after all these claims, you all would be smart enough to be optimistic instead of being foolishly hopeful. Projects that surround Janet's name fall through all the time.. we excited..then get let down. Same shit , different 24 hours ...imma stay in the optimistic lane until I actually hear or see promo for Janet's return. Yall should know better by now than to cling on to every lil single claim.

• Upvote 1

This is a testament that Janet is MISSED. I've been hearing her songs on the radio ALOT as of late. Random ass artists still see her as an influence. It's such a shame because as fans, we care to hear new music. I don't fault people being excited about her imminent return, but at the same time, there isn't nothing CONCRETE as to what is happening behind the scenes.

I just hope to wake up one day and find she's released a single, a movie, an album..something to let us know that she still cares.

2u555li_zps6b66f105.gif

• Upvote 2

Janet can release a billion and two photos of her being in the studio..or working on something ..thats not a guarantee of anything. How many yrs have we heard "Janet's coming soon" .. I would think after all these claims, you all would be smart enough to be optimistic instead of being foolishly hopeful. Projects that surround Janet's name fall through all the time.. we excited..then get let down. Same shit , different 24 hours ...imma stay in the optimistic lane until I actually hear or see promo for Janet's return. Yall should know better by now than to cling on to every lil single claim.

If this is you in the "optimistic lane" than you're in the wrong lane boo