Does putting other people down make you feel good about yourself?

Kaleidoscope Eyes

There are so many variations of bullying and oppression. Naturally I'm a very shy, easy-going type person so that makes me an "easy target" to insecure, emotionally-stunted assholes who bully and oppress people. They do it aggressively, passive-aggressively...they will any way to bring you down. Why is that? Why does humiliating the next person or being catty make you feel good about yourself? It's the old adage: The oppressed are always looking for someone to oppress. I notice this behavior a lot within minority communities such as the black community and the gay community. Everyone's on the lookout to sniff out who is the "punk" or the "weak" one in the pack. Wasn't it our idol Janet Jackson who said "put others down...to fill us up. Oppressing me will oppress you." So I just want to say don't go through life being nasty and unkind to your fellow man. Life's too short, be nice to one another. As corny as this may sound, I truly believe that if you treat others with respect and kindness then you will be rewarded greatly throughout your life.

• Upvote 5

I completely understand what you're saying and I agree, but the bullies In the world don't see it that way. It's a twisted way of some people to blow steam and impose their insecurities and traumatic experiences on other people. I think the key in overcoming it is to have a voice and not let people walk over you. I've struggled with that and still do.

The gay part...dafuk does that have to do with anything

that's what i'm saying :lol:

Most gays are caddy, gossipers.. Wow at y'all being stuck on that

true and this is one major reason why I don't do the gay scene. I'd be fighting a lot and I do mean a lot. I ain't got time for all the trash talking

I do. When I decided to file suit against Janet for no album after six years, and said all those mean things about Her in passing, I felt bad the next morning. I know deep down inside She never wanted to do music, and we mustn't pressure Her to an obligation to which She never wanted. -_-

• Upvote 5

No. It's an initial release for an angry outburst - i.e. 'get this slow-ass bitch the fuck out my way' (which I sometimes think while I'm trying to hurry through the tube station but don't say aloud) but I immediately feel bad about it afterwards. Ultimately I'm trying to learn to be more patient. :asham: