So ...Janet actually like Mariah's performance in Glitter huh

janetDAYZ

This goes to show Janet is a free thinker who doesn't conform to popular opinion. :thumbup: She's not obligated to like MC's acting if she truly doesn't. She could've just as easily left it at "that's so mean" and kept it moving lol.

She also praised her role in Precious, which at least has the positive reception to back it up. ;)

• Upvote 1

Eh she's no Halle but she's definitely no Bey, I mean at least it doesn't look like she's reading cue cards and she can actually convey emotion. I've often said I don't think MC was the problem with that movie I think that script & all it's holes & inconsistancies was.

Im not surprised Janet saw it, I mean Jimmy & Terry & Virgin were all very involved with MC at this time, and Janet & MC tho I doubt they've ever been besties or even in the friend category have always seemed to have a mutual respect & love for each other on top of that.

well some think that Janet can't act so why would she throw shade at Mariah and her lackluster performance in Glitter....? I bet Janet would say that she thinks Madonna is a talented actor.

Yeah I just think she knows how it feels to receive bad reviews so she was sticking up for Marian a bit.

Eh she's no Halle but she's definitely no Bey, I mean at least it doesn't look like she's reading cue cards and she can actually convey emotion. I've often said I don't think MC was the problem with that movie I think that script & all it's holes & inconsistancies was.

Im not surprised Janet saw it, I mean Jimmy & Terry & Virgin were all very involved with MC at this time, and Janet & MC tho I doubt they've ever been besties or even in the friend category have always seemed to have a mutual respect & love for each other on top of that.

Her acting wasn't THAT bad... the movie script was lackluster. It should have never went to theatre though. It should've been one of those MTV/VH1 movies that they used to make LOL. And Lord knows I love me some Bey but her acting is horrid. Her performance in Dreamgirls was decent tho but Jen and Eddie stole the show

• Upvote 1

Her acting wasn't THAT bad... the movie script was lackluster. It should have never went to theatre though. It should've been one of those MTV/VH1 movies that they used to make LOL. And Lord knows I love me some Bey but her acting is horrid. Her performance in Dreamgirls was decent tho but Jen and Eddie stole the show

Her acting in Cadillac was much better but still not great. She needs lessons.

• Upvote 1

Um, Bu ..if I'm not mistaken, Beyonce does see an acting coach :lol:

Well then she needs a refund :lol:. I think she picks shit roles to be honest. 5 were safe because she played a singer - and even then the acting wasn't outstanding. Obsessed was just crap anyway, Beyonce or no Beyonce. Epic - it was so weird hearing Beyonce - she did OK but someone else could have done better. She needs a movie that's out there and out of her comfort zone...and then she needs to delve deep. I think she can pull a good performance out the bag but at the moment I'm going to go on a limb and say her acting in Smart Guy playing herself is probably better than anything she's done :lmao:

Well then she needs a refund :lol:. I think she picks shit roles to be honest. 5 were safe because she played a singer - and even then the acting wasn't outstanding. Obsessed was just crap anyway, Beyonce or no Beyonce. Epic - it was so weird hearing Beyonce - she did OK but someone else could have done better. She needs a movie that's out there and out of her comfort zone...and then she needs to delve deep. I think she can pull a good performance out the bag but at the moment I'm going to go on a limb and say her acting in Smart Guy playing herself is probably better than anything she's done :lmao:

I just don't see it for Beyoncé. Maybe a role where there is minimal dialogue, a mute perhaps...? :unsure:
  • Upvote 2

Beyonce is a terrible actress... She should attempt to do it again.

Lol i laughed the whole way through Obsessed and when she did have a chance to do what she does best singing she got blown out the water by Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls