Iggy Azalea....

Bailey

..since there was no where to put this, I started a new thread sue me :rolleyes: Okay so checked out some new music and Sam Smith is on point, his whole album is about being in love with someone that doesn't return the favor. His vocals vocals very soulful. Now haven't made my way over to Arianna yet, but I did check out Iggy Azalea, and it was hot, "Bounce" "Fuck Love" I instantly loved. This was until I saw her interviewed.... :umm:  Is Iggy the ultimate fake? She's not American, as one would think from her "rapping" she's from Australia, a lovely place indeed Im sure, BUT after watching T.I. hold her hand through an awkward interview I could she and hear the persona and the music don't match at all, it's like she's one great imitator of dirty south rapping, but doesn't come from it at all. So question is this a deal breaker for Iggy Azalea?   Her music is hot as shit....

Nah, no deal breaker at least she mostly lived in the south so she can say she got influenced by what she was surrounded by. It's like Joss Stone & Rick Astley both got voices of overweight church goin black people, but both are skinny white british folks lol. 

• Upvote 1

Nah, no deal breaker at least she mostly lived in the south so she can say she got influenced by what she was surrounded by. It's like Joss Stone & Rick Astley both got voices of overweight church goin black people, but both are skinny white british folks lol. 

I like that, I think you're right, she did spend a lot of time "studying" the styles she does, and yes a lot of great singers came from a church choir at some point....I think Prince should say it's mandatory that all chicks in the game that wanna sang, go to the church choir :coffee:

..since there was no where to put this, I started a new thread sue me :rolleyes: Okay so checked out some new music and Sam Smith is on point, his whole album is about being in love with someone that doesn't return the favor. His vocals vocals very soulful. Now haven't made my way over to Arianna yet, but I did check out Iggy Azalea, and it was hot, "Bounce" "Fuck Love" I instantly loved. This was until I saw her interviewed.... :umm: Is Iggy the ultimate fake? She's not American, as one would think from her "rapping" she's from Australia, a lovely place indeed Im sure, BUT after watching T.I. hold her hand through an awkward interview I could she and hear the persona and the music don't match at all, it's like she's one great imitator of dirty south rapping, but doesn't come from it at all. So question is this a deal breaker for Iggy Azalea? Her music is hot as shit....

Yes!! I don't like fake rappers.. I don't like posers... She's both.. Her and her team of writers

As far as Sam Smith... His album is the best if 2014 by far

Miami, Florida doesn't count as "the south" :umm: and her posing with her "homies" reminds me of Justin Beaver
  • Upvote 1

Yes!! I don't like fake rappers.. I don't like posers... She's both.. Her and her team of writers

I didn't know what to make of it because I was getting poser teas, but I aint gonna lie, her fucking music is on point and so is her delivery, she might be a poser, but she striking a pose with me, I'm in love with "Bounce" it sounds so thumping from my Jeep turned up, like shit let's party!...I'm with Roc, fuck it enjoy the shit it's good she got like two singles in the top ten now?

I don't enjoy music that doesn't have the loving touch

Mind you, I'm the same fan that bitched when We discovered Janet didn't write anything on Discipline.. I listen to it bc I love it but if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't bother.

I enjoy artists that can relate to what they're saying. Iggy is in it for the money and the fame.. Not the music and the artistry. She can keep her hits.. They'll be forgotten by the fall anyways

Mind you, I'm the same fan that bitched when We discovered Janet didn't write anything on Discipline.. I listen to it bc I love it but if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't bother.

I enjoy artists that can relate to what they're saying. Iggy is in it for the money and the fame.. Not the music and the artistry. She can keep her hits.. They'll be forgotten by the fall anyways

I don't think I'm gonna forget "Bounce" soon I keep thinking of this

• Upvote 1

I just care about the after project for the music and as much as I judge artist who are in it for the fame......that seems to be 90% of rappers so Im not hard on that about them (like it's 1 of the few things you won't find me criticizing Nicki about, VERY few). So it doesn't bother me as long as the musics good and she's not a carbon copy of anybody and disrespecting them at the same time lol.

Miami, Florida doesn't count as "the south" :umm: and her posing with her "homies" reminds me of Justin Beaver

LOFL Uh yea it does, especially on the music scene lol.

I totally get what you're saying and I agree but the music doesn't always have to be written by the artist for them to relate to it.

Brandy doesn't write and yet most of her songs are actually very personal and Janet said she only did songs she could feel and connect to for "Discipline".

I totally get what you're saying and I agree but the music doesn't always have to be written by the artist for them to relate to it.

Brandy doesn't write and yet most of her songs are actually very personal and Janet said she only did songs she could feel and connect to for "Discipline".

I know it doesn't but it gives a personal touch to the listener

Bad example mentioning Brandy.. I don't like her all like that... I know Janet's feelings but still

For me with music, it's all about that delivery, you can never have picked up a pen to write a lyric or harmony or melody, but you can sing a song that someone else did like it's your life and story, Whitney & Diana could do that. Bob Dylan is my best example of that tho, I LOVE his songs and lyrcs, but cannot take the voice at all, I much prefer the covers of his songs to his originals.

• Upvote 1