Iggy Azalea....

Bailey

That he's black so it's accepted for him to act a certain way. But it's not how he grew up either.

And no, Iggy has never used it and that's not the point. The point is that Drake is no more American Hood than Iggy yet it's ok for him to act like it but y'all take issue with Iggy.

That he's black so it's accepted for him to act a certain way. But it's not how he grew up either.

And no, Iggy has never used it and that's not the point. The point is that Drake is no more American Hood than Iggy yet it's ok for him to act like it but y'all take issue with Iggy.

Drake came from a broken family whose mother struggled to raise him..

Drake is also a black American-Canadian (His father is from Tennessee) who doesn't fake an accent to appeal to a mass audience... Meanwhile Ms. Aussie traveled to Florida at the age of 15 to start a rap career.. I'm not here for rich posers

Doesn't make a case for him. Iggy could have grown up dirt poor, you'd still have the same opinion because she's white and from Australia. It's because he's black that it's accepted for him to act like a "rapper." Marshall Mathers grew up under much more volatile conditions in Detroit yet he faced an uphill battle to be taken seriously.

I'm not comparing him to Iggy and I'm not really speaking on Iggy's talent at all. But if Iggy was black this topic would not even be mentioned.

Doesn't make a case for him. Iggy could have grown up dirt poor, you'd still have the same opinion because she's white and from Australia. It's because he's black that it's accepted for him to act like a "rapper." Marshall Mathers grew up under much more volatile conditions in Detroit yet he faced an uphill battle to be taken seriously.

I'm not comparing him to Iggy and I'm not really speaking on Iggy's talent at all. But if Iggy was black this topic would not even be mentioned.

If your suggesting Drake is a poser, I suggest you post proof..

Too bad Drake is actually an American... and her being white has nothing to do with it.. Eminem is white and I adore him solely because his lyrics are real and he can spit.. Same with Drake

I don't think I'm mincing words. Iggy is "fake" to you despite having spent her formative years in Miami, Texas and Georgia solely because she's white. If Iggy was black it doesn't matter what her background is, no issues would be raised about how she rapped. She could be from Iceland and had the same trajectory of moving to the Southern US, and this conversation about her would not even be happening.

That's my point about a double standard and you haven't said a thing to invalidate it.

I don't think I'm mincing words. Iggy is "fake" to you despite having spent her formative years in Miami, Texas and Georgia solely because she's white. If Iggy was black it doesn't matter what her background is, no issues would be raised about how she rapped. She could be from Iceland and had the same trajectory of moving to the Southern US, and this conversation about her would not even be happening.

That's my point about a double standard and you haven't said a thing to invalidate it.

I don't know why you're mentioning race at all... She's from Australia.. She has an accent.. :umm: I'm not here for your hypothetical theories.

Iceland isn't in the United States so yes.. If she still had a team of writers and faking an accent and from the UK, Russia, Iceland, Canada, Mexico, Japan.. whatever... even if she were black i would not like her based off her not writing her own rap songs

YASSSS!

Iggy was NEVER rich. I don't know where that claim comes from.

It's not really that she's acting black. We accept Eminem, Mac Miller, etc because they are authentic. Iggy has  A WHOLE ASS THICK Australian accent, yet her rapping voice sounds like she's from the dirty south. It's very fake, misleading and it sounds as if she is mocking us. Vocal blackface. If she would rap in her normal voice then it wouldn't really be that much of a problem LOL.

I think the problem with white rappers in general is that a lot of blacks feel that white rappers come in and the media praises them as if they're the next Jesus Christ, when in fact Black rappers have been doing the same thing, if not better. Again, they would accept someone like Eminem because it's not really a question, he's dope. It's kind of hard to argue against that. But the Grammy's giving all the hip hop awards to Macklemore was just petty LOL. That's why some black rappers are reluctant to accept white rappers.

• Upvote 2

Iggy is no different from other rappers though in her delivery differing from her speaking voice. Rap is performance... Kim doesn't speak the way she spits, neither does Nicki, neither does Eminem. Iggy's style is to add a little "stank" to it the way most rappers do add a harder/tougher/more "street" edge to their voice while performing.

Iggy is no different from other rappers though in her delivery differing from her speaking voice. Rap is performance... Kim doesn't speak the way she spits, neither does Nicki, neither does Eminem. Iggy's style is to add a little "stank" to it the way most rappers do use their voice differently while performing.

Kim and Nicki both rap with their NYC accent, the same accent they speak with.