Iggy Azalea....

Bailey

Iggy is no different from other rappers though in her delivery differing from her speaking voice. Rap is performance... Kim doesn't speak the way she spits, neither does Nicki, neither does Eminem. Iggy's style is to add a little "stank" to it the way most rappers do add a harder/tougher/more "street" edge to their voice while performing.

:blink: but they do

Not talking about singers.. singers and rappers aren't the same and aren't held to the same standards

Well then Rocs point about Kim is perfect, her talking voice is high & sweet, her rapping vioce is deep and thug. Hell Lil Wayne doesn't talk the way he raps, he actually talks deep and coherent and raps like he's mocking the mentally challenged.

Well then Rocs point about Kim is perfect, her talking voice is high & sweet, her rapping vioce is deep and thug. Hell Lil Wayne doesn't talk the way he raps, he actually talks deep and coherent and raps like he's mocking the mentally challenged.

Yes, they turn something on when they rap, whether it's instinctive or purposely stylized like Nicki

Yes, they turn something on when they rap, whether it's instinctive or purposely stylized like Nicki

Exactly

And to backtrap to Game saying it's different with singers, it really isn't, you have a stage persona/sound that works for you and your voice. Singers and rappers use their voice, If what Iggy is doing is vocal blackface was it with Rick, Joss, & Lisa, 3 of arguably some of the best soul singers of our time

y'all are grasping at straws... I don't Lil Kim but Lil Wayne sounds like Lil Wayne when he speaks and raps... If I listen to a lil Wayne radio interview, I know who it is.. If I listen to an Iggy interview.. I wouldn't think that was the same person :umm:

• Upvote 1

I said "i don't Lil Kim" as in I don't know her... She's not relevant and I don't like 90s rap

Not counting her Junior Mafia releases she only has 1 album from the 90's  :umm:

y'all are grasping at straws... I don't Lil Kim but Lil Wayne sounds like Lil Wayne when he speaks and raps... If I listen to a lil Wayne radio interview, I know who it is.. If I listen to an Iggy interview.. I wouldn't think that was the same person :umm:

Yea no, I think that's grasping for straws, Waynes talking voice is deep and normal, his rapping voice is a higher pitch and he sounds nuts. It's persona. You more than likely wouldn't recognize Kims voice either in a interview if you did follow her, her voice is much higher and lighter than her rapping voice. That's what we're saying.

Not counting her Junior Mafia releases she only has 1 album from the 90's  :umm:

Yea no, I think that's grasping for straws, Waynes talking voice is deep and normal, his rapping voice is a higher pitch and he sounds nuts. It's persona. You more than likely wouldn't recognize Kims voice either in a interview if you did follow her, her voice is much higher and lighter than her rapping voice. That's what we're saying.

Sounds just like his rapping voice.

y'all making stuff up to hide the fact that Iggy is a fraud... It's cool.. y'all can have her

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  We're making it up? He don't rap like that at all, that would be a MAJOR improvement.

And you havent disproved the point in general that she's not the 1st musician whose musical voice doesn't reflect her talking voice. You can't disprove that because you know you can't. But if that makes her a fraud it means every singer & rapper who's singing/rapping/performing vocal is different from their talking 1. And that's alot of people. Hell, that's calling all rockers that lol. :lmao:

Rockers and rappers are not the same thing.. Let's stick to just rappers please

I'm not here to change your mind.. And you can't change mine.. Iggy isn't authentic to me... She is as authentic of a rapper as a Chinese buffet owned by an American citizen that is of non-Asian descent..

That being said.. you can have her and her 5 seconds of fame :)

Rockers and rappers are not the same thing.. Let's stick to just rappers please

I'm not here to change your mind.. And you can't change mine.. Iggy isn't authentic to me... She is as authentic of a rapper as a Chinese buffet owned by an American citizen that is of non-Asian descent..

That being said.. you can have her and her 5 seconds of fame :)

But they use their voices and change their voices like rappers and like singers, any occupation where you vocally make music is what the vocal fraud is about, cause that's something that's not JUST rappers, or just any genre or style. That's my whole point in this conversation, not even Iggy, I like her but Im not in like with her (yet, atleast), so Im not trying to get anyone to change their minds on her, my whole chiming in is about the vocals and that that's not exactly unheard of or rare or wrong.

But they use their voices and change their voices like rappers and like singers, any occupation where you vocally make music is what the vocal fraud is about, cause that's something that's not JUST rappers, or just any genre or style. That's my whole point in this conversation, not even Iggy, I like her but Im not in like with her (yet, atleast), so Im not trying to get anyone to change their minds on her, my whole chiming in is about the vocals and that that's not exactly unheard of or rare or wrong.

I'm only here for rappers.. And yes they can rap in different voices but 90% of rappers sound they way they speak

We're talking direct speaking voice & rapping voice..

I'm only here for rappers.. And yes they can rap in different voices but 90% of rappers sound they way they speak

We're talking direct speaking voice & rapping voice..

90% is a huge stretch to say from raps beginnings to today that many used their real voices, it's more around 60-ish% if that

And point remains she's not the only rapper who's talking voice isn't how she raps, KIM