Kat Deluna shades the hell out of J. Lo

Kim

Jennifer Lopez has been accused of copying her latest track On The Floor from a record by R&B singer Kat Deluna.

The Jenny From The Block hitmaker debuted her new single on Ryan Seacrest's American radio show on Tuesday, and fans have already slated the song for its resemblance to DeLuna's track Party O'Clock, which was released in Europe in November.

Critics have pointed out that both tracks were produced by music mogul RedOne and they claim the lyrics and harmonies are similar.

Lopez sings on her record, "Cuz London to Ibiza/Straight to L.A. New York/Vegas to Africa," while DeLuna chants, "Party in Ibiza, Party in New York/All the way to Africa/Love in the Caribbean/On my way to Vegas."

One web blogger has even made a video 'mash-up' of the two tracks to demonstrate their likeness, writing, "J Lo needs to thank Kat DeLuna."

But DeLuna is adamant she's happy with the similarity of the records because she's such a huge fan of Lopez, telling the New York Daily News, "It's cool that artists like J.Lo are inspired by my musical sound and style. Jennifer helped pave the way for Latinas like myself. I love her."

-----

*FUCKIN CHOKES* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jennifer Lopez has been accused of copying her latest track On The Floor from a record by R&B singer Kat Deluna.

The Jenny From The Block hitmaker debuted her new single on Ryan Seacrest's American radio show on Tuesday, and fans have already slated the song for its resemblance to DeLuna's track Party O'Clock, which was released in Europe in November.

Critics have pointed out that both tracks were produced by music mogul RedOne and they claim the lyrics and harmonies are similar.

Lopez sings on her record, "Cuz London to Ibiza/Straight to L.A. New York/Vegas to Africa," while DeLuna chants, "Party in Ibiza, Party in New York/All the way to Africa/Love in the Caribbean/On my way to Vegas."

One web blogger has even made a video 'mash-up' of the two tracks to demonstrate their likeness, writing, "J Lo needs to thank Kat DeLuna."

But DeLuna is adamant she's happy with the similarity of the records because she's such a huge fan of Lopez, telling the New York Daily News, "It's cool that artists like J.Lo are inspired by my musical sound and style. Jennifer helped pave the way for Latinas like myself. I love her."

-----

*FUCKIN CHOKES* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

funny thing about this story is Kate Delunatic thinking J-Lo was inspired by her music :asham:

Isn't she a boastful one. I doubt J-LO even knows who this girl is.

not exactly

they last heard from her when she sang the national anthem and butchered it

RIGHT!!!! :excited:

I was just about to say that after that flop ass performance, she shouldn't be throwing shade at ANYBODY! :lol:

But to be honest, i don't think she was trying to be messy. I think her comment was genuine. :)

RIGHT!!!! :excited:

I was just about to say that after that flop ass performance, she shouldn't be throwing shade at ANYBODY! :lol:

But to be honest, i don't think she was trying to be messy. I think her comment was genuine. :)

im waiting for sumbody to come in here and stan for her :excited:

That wasn't shade.

I'm not gonna stan for her, but "Run The Show" feat. Busta Rhymes pretty much slays ANY song Jennifer has released in the past several years, save for the brilliance that is "Hold It, Don't Drop It" which is Jennifer's strongest vocal ever IMO :excited:

I was deployed and "Run The Show" was constantly on the radio there. I fucking loved that song. "Hold It Don't Drop It" is one of my favorite J.Lo songs.

That wasn't shade.

I was deployed and "Run The Show" was constantly on the radio there. I fucking loved that song. "Hold It Don't Drop It" is one of my favorite J.Lo songs.

I didn't see it as shade either. To each his own, right? :lol:

"Run The Show" is ill! I'm about to go listen to it now :lol: I liked the video too, she looked fly.

Man, I loved Jennifer up until just after she released 'J to the LO: Remixes' then she just started annoying me. Couldn't stand her for a while until "Do It Well" which grew on me. But as soon as I heard "Hold It, Don't Drop It", I was hypnotized :wub: It's that Tavares sample in the instrumental, those HORNS :blush:, and her surprising strong vocals that did me in. Now I can say I kinda like her again.

Archived