The Official iPhone Thread - USERS, UPDATE TO iOS 8.1 ASAP

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

I don't know why they even bother with 16 gig Phones and tablets. That isn't enough to do jack shit when the OS takes up half. Especially Apple which doesn't have additional removable storage.

I agree. They should have started out with 32gb and discontinued the 16gb

iOS takes up about 3-4gb >_<

ok so a week ago I got a notice on my phone for the update. However I have the 4gs.  Do I install it or just leave it be. I know when the first update happen, those who had the iphone 4 were having problems with it.  So not sure NOW if I should update or just leave it be

ok so a week ago I got a notice on my phone for the update. However I have the 4gs. Do I install it or just leave it be. I know when the first update happen, those who had the iphone 4 were having problems with it. So not sure NOW if I should update or just leave it be

The iPhone 4 isn't compatible with iOS 8

The iPhone 4s is fine I believe but you'll receive some glitches just bc your phone can't handle the power

iOS 8 and the updates so far SUCKS. I'm turned off from Apple right now. My phone's performance has deteriorated in small glitchy ways and it's very frustrating. My iPhone 4S was working perfectly fine and I don't want that ugly big iphone 6. I guess I will update to a 5S, although if iOS 8 sucks just as much on that what's the point.

As I was responding safari just froze.

They should have given a fair warning. Obviously they want people to buy new phones every 6 months and could they have predicted how glitchy it would be for older phones anyway, given all their other oversights like inability to make calls and Bluetooth connectivity issues on the iPhone 6.

They suck :coffee:

As I was responding safari just froze.

They should have given a fair warning. Obviously they want people to buy new phones every 6 months and could they have predicted how glitchy it would be for older phones anyway, given all their other oversights like inability to make calls and Bluetooth connectivity issues on the iPhone 6.

They suck :coffee:

The iPhone 4S is kinda dated.. 3 years old? So no they expect people to use the latest technology and not 3 year old phones.. I'm sure they don't create new iOS'so with 3 year old tech in mind (no offense)

• 2 weeks later...

The update isn't really for older models... Anything under the iPhone 5 shouldn't update

My 4S is generally coping ok although it does get slow sometimes, and if I thought my battery life was bad before...

Mind you, I'm due an upgrade this weekend and I forgot :lol:  I might slip into the EE store tomorrow.

Hey GAYS & GALS

Make sure you update your device soon. iOS 8.1 has been released to the public.. As stated in the first thread... iPhone 4S or above should upgrade (despite it doing nearly nothing for you aside from security) 

and Macbook users, make sure you upgrade your computer to OS Yosemite.