How to Tackle Low-Self Esteem

Escapade

I tell myself all the trials and tribulations I have been thru and how despite that  I still came back...that there is always hope, no matter what....lately it's been a crisis of faith, trying to make sense out of anything that is relevant, but even then I still believe theres a reason for the season :coffee:

I've been feeling very invisible lately, having mini episodes of depression.

What are somethings that you all do or tell yourselves to boost your self esteem and confidence?

Treat yourself to something. I feel a lot better about my confidence level and my self-esteem after a hair cut or buying new clothes.

It could be as little as a mani/pedi. Do something for yourself

• Upvote 3

Treat yourself to something. I feel a lot better about my confidence level and my self-esteem after a hair cut or buying new clothes.

I love this idea, even though I'm so poor lol. But buying new clothes makes me feel great as well lol. It's an expensive habit lol. 

haircuts!!!!!!!!!!!! ....I don't like spending money on too much "stuff" so clothes are kinda out for me....at the moment :coffee: Im sure I'll wanna feel sexy soon enough, right now my body at its current weight is sexy :shifty:

I love this idea, even though I'm so poor lol. But buying new clothes makes me feel great as well lol. It's an expensive habit lol. 

Girl.. welcome to the poor club.. but $20 here or there isn't going to break bank.. They don't have to be Express or Any other store you ladies have (there's a lot).. Even a Target or Clothing Reseller will do

haircuts!!!!!!!!!!!! ....I don't like spending money on too much "stuff" so clothes are kinda out for me....at the moment :coffee: Im sure I'll wanna feel sexy soon enough, right now my body at its current weight is sexy :shifty:

I do like my haircuts and body shaves.. gives me a boost of confidence... Makes me feel like a thousand bucks :asham: 

Game's answer is great. Treating myself works for me often times as well. New clothes(dresses! :wub:), new books, picking up some new music I've been wanting to hear, little things. I personally also remind myself of who I am. What I've been through, where I've made it to, and what I can accomplish in my future. My confidence can get really really low sometimes so it helps me to remind myself that when I think about it I have more going for me than I feel like I do at the time. 

(Didn't mean to do this in bold, but bad editing happened so...oh well)

• Upvote 2

I've been feeling very invisible lately, having mini episodes of depression.

What are somethings that you all do or tell yourselves to boost your self esteem and confidence?

where are your friends? Oh and always watch funny stuff like episodes of "Martin" lol

Yeah i have the same problem and nothing seems to work :lol:  I try to not pay attention to it, i dont care about dates, i dont care about finding someone, i dont care about finding the \"purpose of life", i simply stopped caring about all those things.  I keep myself extra busy with work. That's the only thing that makes my days go smoother.

The problem is that that only works for like 5 mins and than you are back at your "low" state of mind.

Yeah i have the same problem and nothing seems to work :lol: I try to not pay attention to it, i dont care about dates, i dont care about finding someone, i dont care about finding the \"purpose of life", i simply stopped caring about all those things. I keep myself extra busy with work. That's the only thing that makes my days go smoother.

The problem is that that only works for like 5 mins and than you are back at your "low" state of mind.

That's depression then... That I cannot help and I wish whomever a speedy recovery

These helped me but I can't guarantee that they will help you

1. Counselling. I only went to a couple of sessions but even that helped me. Just to talk to someone and unload my issues really helped me feel lighter. And the fact that they didn't know me helped a lot about I felt like even if they did judge me - I'm not going to see them again so it didn't matter. Talk to somebody if you haven't already. I'm here if you ever want to talk. If you have whatsapp/KIK/Snapchat I can even give you my number/ID.

2. Goals - having something to work to helped take my mind of what it was that was bothering me. For example, Canada...even though I'm delaying the plans for next year, working towards it and planning it really made me so excited and instead of thinking about the negatives I was focused on this and improving my life. Maybe set yourself a goal and immerse yourself in it.

3. Go out - staying inside all the time is unhealthy so grab your coat and head out. Take your camera and snap some shots of something. Or perhaps read a book in your favourite coffee/quiet spot. Or even speak to some strangers during your travels whether it's a comment about the weather or complimenting their clothes or whatever. Even the littlest conversation can spark positive vibes. 

4. Find a hobby. I've been cooking a lot since I was diagnosed with depression and I just love it. It takes my mind of things and also helps relax me. Find something you love or start something new! Always take the time out for your hobbies.

5. Music. I listened to a lot of empowering songs in the past year. A LOT. Janet, Beyonce, Mariah...even underground artists have helped me realise that I am Flawless! We're all flawless. Our imperfections are not flaws but they're the unique things that make us who we are. You're flawless Momo! You're a beautiful girl with a great personality and I consider you an awesome friend! You're not invisible, at least not to me!

6. Tablets/Medication - I have to admit the anti-depressants did/do work. But I noticed that when I ran out I didn't need them - I still felt perkier and happy so I'm assuming that the things above have helped more than I may think

• Upvote 5

That's depression then... That I cannot help and I wish whomever a speedy recovery

Lawd, taking everything so literal :rolleyes:   :lol: Just saying that shopping and treating yourself works like a band aid, its fine for a few minutes/hours etc but it doesn't really solve anything. 

But yeah, if it gets that serious, to the point where you can't have a normal life than yeah, professional help is needed.

Lawd, taking everything so literal :rolleyes::lol: Just saying that shopping and treating yourself works like a band aid, its fine for a few minutes/hours etc but it doesn't really solve anything.

But yeah, if it gets that serious, to the point where you can't have a normal life than yeah, professional help is needed.

It's a quick fix.. For feeling down

If it's depression then that's another story

Bu's post......damn ....you go boy....homerun....I strongly advocate counseling and as Bu stated its confidential so it's safe largely....and sometimes all I need is a good talk or vent...and Im straight

Life hands us all so much in this day and age, but to stay grounded and firm takes courage and a lot of strength, sometimes shit is low, and it fucking sucks, but I learned I "operate" better in my  strong moments than I ever will drowning in weak moments....Expressing gratitude helps, I keep a gratitude journal, aka Oprah :rolleyes: and it's changed my thinking, I actively seek out things in my daily life to be thankful for, even if it's just the change in the fall leaves and the beautiful color, gratitude teaches us to live in the moment and be happy with it as it is.

Friends don't really help necessarily. Especially depression tho they can help bring up your mood

Yup and i'm guessing she doesn't really have a lot of friends that she hangs out with.

The lyrics and voice tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtscbNa8Jo4