I saw and met Usher

bu.

The dude can fucking perform his ass off. He's pretty down to earth too. I went to his soundcheck and he was killed it considering he wasn't going all out like he would at the show. Then there was a Q&A with the fans. I was too shy to ask a question but i really wanted to ask what his favourite Janet song was :asham:. He's pretty funny actually. Cracked a few jokes.

After that I got a chance to have a picture with him. He shook my hand and said he loved me style and jacket :asham:. I was like "thanks, I love your tats". I touched Ushers hand. I touched a hand that's probably touched Janet and Michael. I also think I'm taller than him but I can't tell. I looked it on the picture but he was sort of leaning down. Game and Reyna will be able to tell. I can't post the picture right now as I'm on my phone.

The actual show - he fucking did that. I did not know he could perform like that. So much energy WITH live vocals. He pretty much went through all the classics. The live arrangements make the newer songs sound more likeable. My highlights were U Got It Bad, Good Kisser, DJ Falling In Love, Pop Ya Collar.

His dancers were on POINT!! The best set of dancers I've ever seen live after Janets.

Oh Nico and Vinz were the opening. I didn't really know them but for one of their songs Usher came out and started dancing - he slayed! And Nico is kinda hawt.

Usher is much more attractive in person. He has massive hands. And he was sweating like crazy - literally as if a water tank was being poured over him haha.

I'm definitely won over. As much as I shade him, after witnessing him live I cannot deny he is an immense performer. I don't see that in any of today's stars. Him, JT and Beyonce get a lot of flack yet their performance skills GREATLY shits all over their peers.

Remember I told you he looks MUCH better in person, and I would bet you're taller, I couldn't get over how short he was (not midget at all, but I thought he would be taller than he was), but that's all awesome! I'm very glad you had a good time and got to witness the slayage.

Yea Bu beats me too (you too Escapade), I saw him twice during tappings of The Voice, and the 2nd time was a performance medley, he did great but I badly want to see him perform his catalog live, I wanna be in the same room as him performing Yeah! that song is Nostalgia Magic for me, I got songs from all his albums I wanna hear him sing. And I wanna meet him he seems like a good guy.

This was the setlist:

Euphoria
OMG 
Love In This Club 
You Make Me Wanna...
Lil Freak 
Nice & Slow 
U Remind Me 
Twisted 
Caught Up 
She Came to Give it to You 
Dot Com 
(Backing Vocalists Interlude)
Climax 
Confessions (Interlude) / Confessions Part II 
Body Language / Pop Ya Collar / U-Turn / I Need A Girl (Part One) / Lovers And Friends / New Flame 
(Medley)
My Boo 
I Don't Mind 
Burn 
There Goes My Baby 
U Got It Bad 
Superstar / Bad Girl 
Good Kisser 
U Don't Have to Call 
Scream 
DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love 
Yeah!

Encore:
More / Without You

Usher never gives me what I need during his live performances.

To me, his performances always look very "rehearsed" as opposed to natural. Like he's doing counts in his head to remember all the moves. Very amateurish.

He never, for me, rose to the level of a top entertainer.

Very much a B-minus in my book.

Pop Ya Collar? :blink: wasnt that song a first single that flopped horribly and they used the famous ..it was a "buzz" single to cover up its terrible performance. Why on earth is he entertaining that non existent song?

I think it was fairly big in the UK?  They had it on MTV Base throwback hits the other day, that's what I know...

Usher never gives me what I need during his live performances.

To me, his performances always look very "rehearsed" as opposed to natural. Like he's doing counts in his head to remember all the moves. Very amateurish.

He never, for me, rose to the level of a top entertainer.

Very much a B-minus in my book.

Yes! Extra rehearsed! ...The only thing I will give him is that as a dancer he is very sharp and clean (his execution) ...every entertainer is not

I think it was fairly big in the UK? They had it on MTV Base throwback hits the other day, that's what I know...

Im American.. I dnt care whats goin on over there :lol: I juss remember that song being a big issue here becuz they were tryna find him a new image (fashion-wise) and then they dropped that single ...and it was juss a big ol mess. It was like they was tryna repackage his image. It was a weird moment in his career. A false start to a new era (over here) .. we almost thought his career was finish after that fart of a moment

Im American.. I dnt care whats goin on over there :lol: I juss remember that song being a big issue here becuz they were tryna find him a new image (fashion-wise) and then they dropped that single ...and it was juss a big ol mess. It was like they was tryna repackage his image. It was a weird moment in his career. A false start to a new era (over here) .. we almost thought his career was finish after that fart of a moment

So why ask why he performed Pop Ya Collar over here :umm:

• Upvote 2

Becuz its apart of his setlist. I wasnt aware if that was juss exclusive to yall or not.

Setlists change country by country. Sometimes show to show. I was pissed when Janet didn't perform Black Cat and I Get Lonely here.

• 4 weeks later...

So rude :(