Raven Symone talks about her sexuality

jarrylf

never heard of it and don't care to look it up but i'ma stick with whatever I said  :coffee:

Pansexual people are people attracted to people regardless of their gender. The word pansexual comes from the Greek word 'pan-', meaning "all". Pansexual people are part of the LGBT community.

Now you know

I can definitely understand the frustration of explaining yourself sometimes. It can be a pain, but sometimes it is necessary just for the sake of human interaction. Talking to each other makes for better connections. Being a reference or a face can come with the territory which while also potentially frustrating is also necessary. I mean I'd rather my non-bi friends use me as a reference on my experiences of bisexuality instead of assuming things. Same for just about any other label I give myself. Once again, it makes for better connections. We're all free to explore and come to understand ourselves how we see fit, but if we want connection then we have to be able and willing to communicate.

Yea we're def on the same page on the personal level, but I guess for some when they're trying to figure it out for themselves they arent comfortable maybe aligining under 1 title regardless (which I can also relate to in a large way). But yea I def agree that it makes better connections. Also I think it's really cool to own your title (in terms of the race part) because I think saying it doesn't matter is kinda wrong, our races are a beautiful and should be celebrated, like I stopped saying "I'm Color blind" becauseto me to truly be color blind is to purposely ignore the color/culture of a race, I celebrate it all.

• Upvote 1

Now you know

you have no idea how many people don't know that word even exists. Been to plenty gay bars and clubs and have gay friends and have never heard it anywhere or being said by anybody in any kind of convo except for on here. Oh well i'll never be using it lol

Yea we're def on the same page on the personal level, but I guess for some when they're trying to figure it out for themselves they arent comfortable maybe aligining under 1 title regardless (which I can also relate to in a large way). But yea I def agree that it makes better connections. Also I think it's really cool to own your title (in terms of the race part) because I think saying it doesn't matter is kinda wrong, our races are a beautiful and should be celebrated, like I stopped saying "I'm Color blind" becauseto me to truly be color blind is to purposely ignore the color/culture of a race, I celebrate it all.

I agree on the race part absolutely. Well, I think ethnicity is the better term since there's one human race, but you get the point, lol. Being multiracial, for the longest time when someone came up to me like "What are you?!" I would answer "I'm human" just to aggravate them.  I had that same uncaring attitude about it. As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate it all much more in myself and in others. I'm still struggling on what to call myself, (I've gone with Afro-Eurasian for the last couple years but that's so vague and even then there's a little missing, lol) but there is beauty in every ethnicity and every combination of them. One incredible human race of many colors, cultures, and heritages. One made of many. 

• Upvote 2

you have no idea how many people don't know that word even exists. Been to plenty gay bars and clubs and have gay friends and have never heard it anywhere or being said by anybody in any kind of convo except for on here. Oh well i'll never be using it lol

The point isn't if the word is highly used.. The point is that there is a "label" for everything. That you (or whomever) isn't excluded bc he or she says they are.

So IMO, Raven is an egotistical douche :) I wasnt a fan of her adult characters anyways

No one responded to my "When is Oprah gonna talk to real celebrities?" Question.. Whose next? LaToya Jackson?!

No one responded to it because it makes no sense like exactly what makes her not a "Real" celebrity or even in the slightest way comparable to LaToya Jackson? The Success has been non-stop for her, we can laugh at the album sales but music's been a hobby for her, and success as a actress overshadows. You have to legit not like her to think she's not a celeb...

No one responded to it because it makes no sense like exactly what makes her not a "Real" celebrity or even in the slightest way comparable to LaToya Jackson? The Success has been non-stop for her, we can laugh at the album sales but music's been a hobby for her, and success as a actress overshadows. You have to legit not like her to think she's not a celeb...

Oprah is a powerful A-lister interviewing a former child star and current C-Listers

Real = A or B lister

There's no literal limit or box that holds her (or anyone) back from doing what she wants to do  

To dismiss "labels" and "categories" is just an egotistical way of expressing yourself... "I enjoy penises in my mouth and women are not attractive... but I'm not gay".. Nah.. You're just a douche 

Missed this

But it's not about what they want to do, it's about having to answer to what comes with a title or being the face of it.

LOL but that's your opinion tho, I don't see it as egotistical, or being a douche

Oprah is a powerful A-lister interviewing a former child star and current C-Listers

Real = A or B lister

Except she's not C list to most of the world at all....just those who don't like her. Hell the fact that Disney still plays re-runs of That's So Raven and it remains their highest viewed show alone cements her legacy. AND the show is "Where Are They Now" why the hell would that be about A listers? that's what Oprah's Next Chapter is for. Where are they now is about guests she had on the show years ago and catching up with them now, on that show she doesn't discriminate with "relevance", it's about where they've been since her last interview.

Missed this

But it's not about what they want to do, it's about having to answer to what comes with a title or being the face of it.

LOL but that's your opinion tho, I don't see it as egotistical, or being a douche

Except she's not C list to most of the world at all....just those who don't like her. Hell the fact that Disney still plays re-runs of That's So Raven and it remains their highest viewed show alone cements her legacy. AND the show is "Where Are They Now" why the hell would that be about A listers? that's what Oprah's Next Chapter is for. Where are they now is about guests she had on the show years ago and catching up with them now, on that show she doesn't discriminate with "relevance", it's about where they've been since her last interview.

People can answer to what they want but they're still gonna be labeled whether they like it or not.. dismissing labels is ignoring reality and self.

It's douche-y.. If someone told me that they don't label themselves, first thing that comes to mind is "douche".. The same category of people who drives monster trucks and Mitsubishi cars

Oh. I didn't know what the show was :asham:

People can answer to what they want but they're still gonna be labeled whether they like it or not.. dismissing labels is ignoring reality and self.

It's douche-y.. If someone told me that they don't label themselves, first thing that comes to mind is "douche".. The same category of people who drives monster trucks and Mitsubishi cars

Oh. I didn't know what the show was :asham:

I think that's kinda the point tho, and I agree, you can choose to not be labeled (tho that's labeling yourself "unlabled") but society & the world in general is still going to label you in every category you see fit.

LOL But that's still your opinion tho  :asham:

No problem, I follow thine O's network so I keeps up with them shows lol. :asham: .....not the Tyler Perry ones tho, truly aint nobody got time for that :umm:

• Upvote 1

I think people are really hard on Raven. I think she feels that being labeled has strings and obligations attached to these labels therefore she doesn't want to be labeled to avoid the things that come with it. She's being unrealistic though.

• Upvote 1

I think people are really hard on Raven. I think she feels that being labeled has strings and obligations attached to these labels therefore she doesn't want to be labeled to avoid the things that come with it. She's being unrealistic though.

The only thing she's obligated to as a lesbian, pansexual, African-American or whatever is what the definition entails. A female homosexual, a person attracted to nearly anyone, or an American citizen with African ancestry. There's no more to it honestly except some people's perceptions, but that doesn't give a need to shun the label. You face other peoples' perceptions regardless of what label you have or if you have a label at all. If the definition applies to you, then the label comes with it. Plain and simple.

• Upvote 1